• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pics of the renovated GAF house, thanks to everyone who chipped in:

oxfEJSG.jpg

YZAWiu7.jpg

IXJDoS3.jpg
Is it possible to go to the Southwest part of the map by foot in CWH? I been trying to get up their since yesterday but don't see any way how..

Flight only I believe.

Seiru

Banned
Sorry if this is a common question, but is there a reason to buy the expansion if I'm not max level?

Was thinking about coming back to this game but I think my highest class is only 30 or something.

Squishy3

Sorry if this is a common question, but is there a reason to buy the expansion if I'm not max level?

Was thinking about coming back to this game but I think my highest class is only 30 or something.
Nope, no point in buying the expansion if you aren't level 50 yet. Even after you get to level 50 there's a fair amount of content to do before the point where the expansion content would open up.

dramatis

Perhaps not the best place to ask this but...

Months back I tried the trial on my PS4 but I never subbed. I decided last night to join my friends.

Bought the game -- downloaded -- and it brought me to the main screen where it shows all the patchnotes and of course the Log in. I couldn't log in. Attempt the forgot ID/Password method. I would get a reset password email with a confirmation code but it wouldn't work.

I realize later that Trial accounts aren't really kept. So I go to the website to create an account using my PSN email. Sent it out this morning at 9. And no email at all. attempted it again later. Still nothing.

I try to use the support e-mail and submitted. I got no confirmation e-mail that it was submitted.

I would get some e-mails from Square but not all of them. I've checked my spam folder just to be on the safe side. No go there either.

Just for shits and giggles -- I attempted to use my Yahoo e-mail and instantly I get a create account e-mail. What the flip? WHAT THE FLIP!?

Has anybody else experienced this before? :(
Any ideas?
If you used the same Square Enix account and the same PSN account as your trial, you should have no problem. You have to use the same PSN, because the account (and your characters) are tied to the PSN account.

Reset password confirmation code is meant to be used at the SE account site and not at the game launcher.

Wilsongt

Should've let that rest exp build up. I haven't run out and I'm more than halfway through level 58 and I just got to the Hinterlands.

Rested exp doesn't help when mobs only give 400 - 600 exp. i've had rested exp for a dungeon runs. I guess time to finish off all od the sidequests.

If there is one major complaint I have about HW is yoshi did nothing to fix the way exp works in the game. There is no point to having mob fields if you are only going to have to beat 3 or 4 for a random quest every now and then.

The only purpose mobs serve is to aggro, cast heavy, and just take up space.

Seiru

Banned
My phone was wiped and I lost my authenticator, so I have to speak with support about having it removed from my account.

Loaded up their chat, estimated wait was 40 minutes. Waited about 2.5 hours, until finally I was next up in the chat queue. Then they disconnected me.

Reloaded, and I'm at the back of the queue again.

You know what, FFXIV...maybe not.

Sophia

Hit 58 finally, super excited to continue with story. Do some quests, 59 required. I need 3mil exp until 59.

yoshipls

Yeah, I just hit this same gap. It's a bit demoralizing. They need to adjust the XP gains in Heavensward. The 55-56-57 gap was really bad too.

Right now there's only three realistic ways to level; those being FATEs, Dungeons, and Sidequests. Gotta add more options. Temple Leves are a great step in the right direction (and IMO should replace regular leves entirely), but you can only do ten at a and obnoxiously have to return to Ishgard to accept a new one. I also wouldn't mind having the daily hunts revamped into something that could be done continuously, even if it means reduced rewards after the initial kill.

zoobzone

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, I bought the PS4 version last night thinking to remote play and do some gathering while watching TV on the couch.

As soon as I got in FFXIV with remote play, the cursor will always scroll to the right, I've tried disabling the rear touch and touchscreens, restarting Vita and PS4 Link and they still scroll to the right.

The PS4 XMB seems fine so I'm thinking this is FFXIV related. Anyone have any ideas?

Reszo

O..M...G
I just did the Knights of Round trial and it was probably the top funnest thing I've done in this game lol, It was seriously an adrenaline rush.

Zomba13

So, that post credit scene.
Does WODs appearence change based on your current class?

No it's
always trailer guy/derplander/gilseller/Warrior

That could mean a few things though.
It could actually be that character and he'll get a name and plot relevance.

It could be a place holder.

It could be like it is in the trailers, that represents us. The WOD is our doppleganger.

It could imply we get to create the WOD (like a retainer or the Arch nemesis system in Champions Online)

It could be a primal. People pray to/for us all over Eorzea and that could lead to him/her/it being summoned. A perversion of our image like how the primals/eikons are perversions of gods and legends.

No it's
always trailer guy/derplander/gilseller/Warrior

That could mean a few things though.
It could actually be that character and he'll get a name and plot relevance.

It could be a place holder.

It could be like it is in the trailers, that represents us. The WOD is our doppleganger.

It could imply we get to create the WOD (like a retainer or the Arch nemesis system in Champions Online)

It could be a primal. People pray to/for us all over Eorzea and that could lead to him/her/it being summoned. A perversion of our image like how the primals/eikons are perversions of gods and legends.

It could be
another Warrior of Light from 1.0. I'm pretty sure when people were talking about not being able to remember the Warrior of Light, they were pluralized.

Zetta

Holy hell a Realm Reborn has nothing on this Main Story. I have to give it up to the team for this great and fun story.

Zomba13

Holy hell a Realm Reborn has nothing on this Main Story. I have to give it up to the team for this great and fun story.

I know right? I actually expected it to be kinda boring because Ishgard and pompous Elezen and boring dragons but it was actually super interesting, exciting, fun and showed you both sides of this thousand year war. Even though most of it isn't as grand as saving all of Eorzea from a giant evil robot piloted by a mad man who is ready to destroy it right now it still feels as grand and epic even if for most of it you're only really worrying about Ishgard, a single city state.

grimmiq

Lag has been terrible today, constant r0 and 5sec delays on teleports..Did an S rank Hunt where the boss was still at 95% on my screen while the dead shouts were going off.

Bookoo

Coming back to this game after many months is incredibly confusing. Trying to relearn all the basic things about this game. Sucked when I found out I have to complete all the story quests to even get to the new zone. :|

Teknoman

Courtesy of the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta:

I just realized that Twintania is from FFV and that floating island we saw in the trailer...might actually be inspired by FFV and not VI.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I finished the 2.5 story just now and bought Heavensward CE. Kinda enjoyed the story, hopefully the expansion delivers.

Courtesy of the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta:

I just realized that Twintania is from FFV and that floating island we saw in the trailer...might actually be inspired by FFV and not VI.

Well, we do have Students of Baldesion from the floating state of Sharlayan, where Minfilia's good friend Krile resides.

But the artworks for the floating island in the trailer came with artworks of the Warring Triad, so most probably we simply have two different things referencing two different games.

iamcenok

If you used the same Square Enix account and the same PSN account as your trial, you should have no problem. You have to use the same PSN, because the account (and your characters) are tied to the PSN account.

Reset password confirmation code is meant to be used at the SE account site and not at the game launcher.

Well that makes sense. I am using the same email/PSN account.
I did notice something funky and I question if the reason for my issues.

My Square ID is Iamcenok when I launch the log-in.
But If I log-in using the same email it comes up as cenok. I used cenok back in the day to play XI. I wonder if that could be the hiccup. Because otherwise. I havent done anything different for me to not be able to long in.

Agh, this is frustrating.

Teknoman

Well, we do have Students of Baldesion from the floating state of Sharlayan, where Minfilia's good friend Krile resides.

But the artworks for the floating island in the trailer came with artworks of the Warring Triad, so most probably we simply have two different things referencing two different games.

This also shows how much I need to replay FFVI then too lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just finished the story. I really liked it, felt as good as most numbered FF game.

Question - does anyone have a guide/list with a list of stuff to unlock after the story?
Optional dungeons, ex primals etc.

Top Bottom