• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Holy shit, just unlocked flying in Western Coerthas. Used my Griffin mount for the first time and it was sublime. xD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
In all seriousness - and not to be that guy - but they really messed up by putting the upgrade items only in hunts for now. Should have also been in the 60 dungeons or something.

In all seriousness - and not to be that guy - but they really messed up by putting the upgrade items only in hunts for now. Should have also been in the 60 dungeons or something.

My theory has been that the materials were supposed to be in Alex and available through hunts (like you could buy Unstained Mark Logs with seals etc. for Poetics upgrades) but with Alexander being delayed for two weeks they just forgot about them being available through hunts too?

It also makes me worried that we're going to be going into Alexander pretty over-geared in the first week.

Or they just didn't learn their lessons with hunts and thought for some reason things would be different this time.

Sorian

Banned
My theory has been that the materials were supposed to be in Alex and available through hunts (like you could buy Unstained Mark Logs with seals etc. for Poetics upgrades) but with Alexander being delayed for two weeks they just forgot about them being available through hunts too?

It also makes me worried that we're going to be going into Alexander pretty over-geared in the first week.

Or they just didn't learn their lessons with hunts and thought for some reason things would be different this time.

Alexander wasn't delayed? They are purposely releasing it two weeks later.

Tabris

Hunts aren't bad if you are in a PUG hunt PT (so you got a wide range of FCs and Linkshell callouts) and you dedicate to just hunting / watching TV while waiting for next callout.

But if you are basing off a single LS or FC, and having to get an invite / spend time joining a PFer while teleporting, you run the risk of missing or not getting full credit.

Luckily you can be half done in a single A train.

Sorian

Banned
I don't mean delayed in that way, I mean delayed as it's releasing later than the main game by design.

Then I highly doubt that they just forgot that hunts were now the only thing in the game giving upgrade items. This was by design completely and I'm all for it, myself. Anyway, Alex normal will be dead easy the first week but not because we are over-geared, more because it's designed for the casual to go in and feel good for some story line.

Squishy3

I run the game on a SSD already and it's still been bad with the mobs pretty much vaporizing.
Yeah that GAF guild is a real bunch of stinkers, showing up and going GAF'd at every hunt. :lol

Have half a mind to only bother for S ranks since they last for longer than 20 seconds at the very least.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Switched back to lala, I could not resist.
Like another poster said once "I didn't choose the lala life, the lala life chose me".
Besides, all other races look dead inside in cutscenes, lalas are so expresive!

Squishy3

Like another poster said once "I didn't choose the lala life, the lala life chose me".
i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

Now back in to get the last 200k exp I need to get to 59.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hunts aren't bad if you are in a PUG hunt PT (so you got a wide range of FCs and Linkshell callouts) and you dedicate to just hunting / watching TV while waiting for next callout.

But if you are basing off a single LS or FC, and having to get an invite / spend time joining a PFer while teleporting, you run the risk of missing or not getting full credit.

I'll have to try that maybe tomorrow. Problem is I've been slammed with work during the day so my only play time right now is during prime time... ;-;

Cmagus

Almost 59 and still chugging along. I'm really enjoying the expansion so far and I'm looking forward to 3.1 so I can get started on the new relic quest line.

Once I top off my black mage I want to start working on bringing the rest of the classes to 60.

Uthred

No, they're still bad, they're just more doable

Pancho

Qurupancho
Did a full GAF Bismarck HM run earlier, first time doing it.

Video

;_: Watch what happens to me after his Ultimate attack goes off. /ashamed

Such a fun fight, and easy to learn! So it baffles me that people are having a hard time with it. Helped a friend with it the other day and the group wiped like 5 times.

Stuart444

Such a fun fight, and easy to learn! So it baffles me that people are having a hard time with it. Helped a friend with it the other day and the group wiped like 5 times.

It is a generally easy fight from what I saw (I just fucked up. :( I watched a vid before hand and still fell to that stun + punch off the platform). I guess if you have weak dps and bad heals, you'd probably wipe a bit though.

Pancho

Qurupancho
It is a generally easy fight from what I saw (I just fucked up. :( I watched a vid before hand and still fell to that stun + punch off the platform). I guess if you have weak dps and bad heals, you'd probably wipe a bit though.

Yeah the fight is a big dps check.

Is there any advice about which class is good to play as for a first-time MMO player? I'm downloading the free trial, so I want to find one that I can enjoy for the two weeks I have the trial, something that will give me a good impression so I can decide if I want to try out the game.

I actually played the beta for A Realm Reborn before, and tried out two classes there: Lancer and Gladiator. I actually enjoyed Gladiator a bit more, with having some support options, whereas Lancer didn't feel like it had a lot of options.

Is Pugilist a good starting class? I was thinking about trying that one out next.

Gala

Is it worth getting Heavensward right now, when I'm new to the game or should I wait until I have a character at level 50?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is it worth getting Heavensward right now, when I'm new to the game or should I wait until I have a character at level 50?

Unless you want to start the game as the new race, you can wait till you finish the level 50 story stuff before getting the game and not miss anything.

suzu

FF14 3.0 Unspoiled/Ephemeral Nodes + other good gatherers info spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ML_lfYsf1QRZkTXFDU0nkN-Bn4/htmlview?sle=true#

3.0 Daily Hunt Mob Locations spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...01SgBCWQtgHlMHs/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Aether Current Maps and Quest spreadsheet
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/239587-Aether-Current-Locations
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1493L7c3hWGQKSMZ57YvF4s66o1Y7l9WMBmLndEdZLTA/htmlview?pli=1

Thanks to Apolly Chan from GAF who pretty much found the links to all of the above I think.

Heavensward Sightseeing Locations spreadsheet
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3ai594/heavensward_sightseeing_log/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7IoAx11T7o_QgWV6dmOo4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Notes about HW Sightseeing Logs:
- No Weather Restrictions
- No Time Restrictions
- Must have access to flying.
- Each spot gives 18k EXP for any jobs that are Lv50+.

So... I've hit a wall on level 58. At 1.1/3.9 and I'm so damn tired of sidequests, and the latest dungeon only gives 200k each if I'm lucky for a 20-30m run.

Any better ways to do this shit?

Tried some hunts last night. What a mistake that was! I'll probably just stick to the daily ones until Alexander at this rate.

It's nearly impossible to hunt on Excalibur. So glad they added a better daily system.

Edit: The sightseeing thing isn't entirely correct, you must be level 50 for the new sightseeing areas. At least that was the case when I tried it as MCN in the last zone.

tmtyf

I feel your pain dude, I picked up the game Wednesday and I'm still haven't been able to get into Balmung.

I've only played up to the character creation :(

its rough to get in. like i said prior best time is early AM, dont go by the updates that SE puts on the lodestone, they had a X for balmung when i was able to get in. Easiest way would be to pay the transfer fee though :(

If you need any help on balmung or a FC/LS hit me up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Unless you want to start the game as the new race, you can wait till you finish the level 50 story stuff before getting the game and not miss anything.
You miss out on the sick Heavensward splash screen when you start up the game.

Welcome back to the lala life.

Oh and I've got one thing so say after the countless quests I've done for them.

I REALLY FUCKING HATE MOOGLES! Holy shit how the fuck can they survive where they live when they get lost when they blink. I swear at some point there is going to be a quest where I wipe their own ass because they're too scared to stop looking forward.

suzu

It's nearly impossible to hunt on Excalibur. So glad they added a better daily system.

Edit: The sightseeing thing isn't entirely correct, you must be level 50 for the new sightseeing areas. At least that was the case when I tried it as MCN in the last zone.

Oh I haven't tried it on any classes below 50. Only used it to push from 50-51 on an alt job.

Oh I haven't tried it on any classes below 50. Only used it to push from 50-51 on an alt job.

I figured that was the case :O

I'm going to go test it again just to make sure it's not just the last zone, but still, even at 50 it's a nice boost.

Edit: Tested again in Sea of Clouds. Same results :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any lv 60 BLM willing to share their full controller layout?
I'm playing on KB+M on the PS4 and PC, but was thinking about switching to the controller for quite a while. That said, I tried setting it up and felt that I don't have enough combinations and now, with 52-60 skills there's even more stuff to put there, so I'm completely lost.

Soulflarz

Banned
Any lv 60 BLM willing to share their full controller layout?
I'm playing on KB+M on the PS4 and PC, but was thinking about switching to the controller for quite a while. That said, I tried setting it up and felt that I don't have enough combinations and now, with 52-60 skills there's even more stuff to put there, so I'm completely lost.
Well remember, you can l2->r2 and r2->l2 to get an additional 16 slots without even hitting r1 (aka 32 right there)

Can't help on the actual setup since I'm a PLD, s-sorry

SOLDIER

Still having a problem with my graphics settings not saving. Every time I pick "High: Desktop" it defaults back to "High: Laptop" when I exit and restart the game.

It also keeps enabling "play music when mounted" for some reason. I can't find a solution for this anywhere online. Any ideas?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well remember, you can l2->r2 and r2->l2 to get an additional 16 slots without even hitting r1 (aka 32 right there)

Can't help on the actual setup since I'm a PLD, s-sorry
I'm aware of that.

That said, I'm using most of my 36 slots on 3 hotbars on KB+M.

Top Bottom