• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Zomba13

So I was looking up a hat on google and ran into this image, I was wondering if one of you could tell me what's the armor set in the middle:

thanks

It's the Allagan stuff from Turns 1-5 for MNK I assume (Those are the mnk weapons right?). Don't know the name but probably something like Allagan ___ of striking ?

Chille

Hunts ruined the game :]

Damn it Gaf

I mean err yeah I agree hunts are a pain in the arse right now because everyone is rushing and early pulling, just do the dailies and take your time, eventually people will stop doing it, or at least some of it *cough* Ultros *cough*

linid0t

So is the GAF guild very active? Just beat the 2.0 story and thinking about transferring over to join, but the 18 dollar fee is quite a bit. The GAF server is Ultros right? And I have to find a member in the game or something? Thanks in advance.

WolvenOne

Finally broke down and bought another retainer. It's done wonders for my invantory so far. XD

Really though, the default limit should've been upped there for the expansion.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Finished up the main story line last night and am very impressed with how they wrapped this arc up. Getting set to do Bismark and Ravana extreme, anyone on Excalibur server?

WolvenOne

I guess after you get Fell Cleave it's better to forgo Unchained entirely and just switch to Deliverance for Berserking?

Probably. Unchained is great for pulling, or if your stuck fighting a boss that you cannot stance dance in. If you can help it though, using berserk for a bunch of Fell Cleaves is a good idea.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Any lv 60 BLM willing to share their full controller layout?
I'm playing on KB+M on the PS4 and PC, but was thinking about switching to the controller for quite a while. That said, I tried setting it up and felt that I don't have enough combinations and now, with 52-60 skills there's even more stuff to put there, so I'm completely lost.
Here's my current layout:

Crossbar 1
L2

OKiMt0D.png

R2

Rl07dCj.png

Crossbar 2 (Stuff I rarely use)
VklzgxW.png

Crossbar 3/Expanded crossbar

L2+R2
0IsvrgM.png

R2+L2
spoR66O.png

The only thing I'm not liking is having to juggle between R2+L2 and L2+R2 when switching between Fire 2 and Fire 4. I think I might swap out Sleep or Aetherial Manipulation with Fire 2 and see how that works out.

K.Sabot

Apparently nobody accepts anything less than a 1 cycle chitin phase in Bismarck EX now.

already.

1 week after release.

Balmung ladies and gentlemen.

Think I'm gonna pick up the game soon if not today(probably off of steam, but if anyone knows any places having a sale right now(preferably for a digital copy) that'd be good to know), but I since I was considering using the new race, the Au Ra, I was wondering if that is even possible for a new character? Or do I just need to have the expansion installed and be X amount of mission into the story mode or something? If I have to wait thats no big deal(i can save buying heavensward for later with no real loss from what I've seen), I just want to be sure before I do anything.

Think I'm gonna pick up the game soon if not today(probably off of steam, but if anyone knows any places having a sale right now(preferably for a digital copy) that'd be good to know), but I since I was considering using the new race, the Au Ra, I was wondering if that is even possible for a new character? Or do I just need to have the expansion installed and be X amount of mission into the story mode or something? If I have to wait thats no big deal(i can save buying heavensward for later with no real loss from what I've seen), I just want to be sure before I do anything.

You need to have the expansion for the new race, but I don't believe you actually need to have even played just have both ARR and HW and there should be a bundle where you also get 30 days

Ken

Kind of a surprise they haven't re-used Coil1 gear, which is nice except for the part where I apparently accidentally turned my Coil1 fending boots into seals.

Killthee

It's cheaper by a few bucks on Green Man Gaming when you use coupon code: GET23P-ERCENT-OFFGMG

Just be aware you can only register 1 Windows version of the base game (Steam or Not-Steam) and all future expansions must match the version you registered. If you register the Steam version you'll get the option to pay for sub/cash shop items using your Steam wallet and you'll be locked to expansions purchased on Steam (so no physical CE's). If you buy the game anywhere else you won't see the Steam wallet payment option and can buy expansions from any retailer except Steam.

You can go Au Ra from the start if you register a Heavensward key, all other content is currently locked till after the end of the 2.55 storyline.

If you need a recruit code, take mine :D - T3RRM3K4

c1rcae

Womp, thought it would be cool to join the GAF FC while on my free trial...but guess that isn't an available feature.

Just hit level 15 as a Glad, I'm assuming I just keep up with the quests?

Zomba13

Womp, thought it would be cool to join the GAF FC while on my free trial...but guess that isn't an available feature.

Just hit level 15 as a Glad, I'm assuming I just keep up with the quests?

You can't join a FC on the free trial? That sucks. If you decide to sub then you should be able to join if you find a GAF member and right click on them, view company info and apply. You'll also need to apply to the FC guildworks site at neogaf.guildwork.com

Just put you're from GAF in the application and someone will sort it out for you. If you sub that is.

If you want a referral code if you sub try one of these: Z3F4TE65 or R4GUT2C7 (If you decide to sub and they don't work send me a PM and I can get a new one. They've been posted before but not claimed to my knowledge)

You'll get some consumable that make teleports free and a hat that increases exp for lvls 25 and under by 25%.

And yeah, for your first time though you should be ok just following the story quests and side quests and as a tank call you'll get near instant queue times to any group content.

Mattiator

Sooooo with two small boys and working lots my time is limited... I haven't played since I got early access. How long is it taking people to finish the new storyline??

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently nobody accepts anything less than a 1 cycle chitin phase in Bismarck EX now.

already.

1 week after release.

If you can't 1-cycle carapace, meeting DPS check with adds is probably gonna be rather hard.

Yaska

So my FC decided to do a stupid run of T5 today. Went with almost all at lvl 60, undersized party and just... well... tore Twintania completely apart. It was hilarious how absurdly fast we burnt through the hp and adds :D.

Wilsongt

already.

1 week after release.

All servers. People already selling ex clears. I am afraid to reach new dungeons because of being new and I am sure people will look at me in disgust for not skipping all the story just to grind content within 24 hours of release.

Zomba13

If you can't 1-cycle carapace, meeting DPS check with adds is probably gonna be rather hard.

This. We tried last night an 1 cycled the Carapace but didn't meet the DPS check on the snakes the first time (we got it consistently after that though). If you can't get that down then the snakes might be tough.

K.Sabot

There's certainly more leeway for snakes than there is for carapace. That's not even considering party setups, the party that "failed" to 1 cycle carapce had 2 SMN and a BLM.

I'm diving into this game (first MMO) and want to join Ultros but it keeps saying it's unavailable. I know the OP says nights and early mornings are best. Do I just keep trying? Will it definitely open up at some point?

Audioboxer

ESO is boring me, think I might come back and try FF14 again. Played it a little on PS3, and during the PS4 launch.

Not sure whether to hook my PS4 up to my monitor for a bit, or just go controller. Thinking of trying out healing if that makes a difference. Never played a healer in an MMO (not even during my WoW days).

Any advice?

Nohar

So... many... spoilers... Some of my FC mates just don't care and blurt out things on the TS. Makes me want to strangle some.

For instance, related to Alphinaud (spoiler, obviously, please don't click unless you completed the story - I, myself, am only level 57 so far):
One of them begins to tell that he can summon ruby carbuncle (which I already knew about, no big deal). Then another adds that he has something else bigger he can summon... No need to be a genius to guess what Alphinaud will summon if one has cleared T12 (at least, that's my guess).

FFS, some really need to learn to shut up. I guess I will really avoid TS from now on. Even after many dramas (for things which really weren't spoilers and for things which were obviously spoilers), some are just unable to be cautious and enjoy teasing others too much.

Sorry, I needed to vent a little here.

Killthee

Frumix

Suffering From Success
These new crafter actions are all really weird. 40% success rate for a quality raiser with Innovation attached, what? I still can't comprehend what kind of magic they expect us to do with Whistle.

rubius01

So... many... spoilers... Some of my FC mates just don't care and blurt out things on the TS. Makes me want to strangle some.

For instance, related to Alphinaud (spoiler, obviously, please don't click unless you completed the story - I, myself, am only level 57 so far):
One of them begins to tell that he can summon ruby carbuncle (which I already knew about, no big deal). Then another adds that he has something else bigger he can summon... No need to be a genius to guess what Alphinaud will summon if one has cleared T12 (at least, that's my guess).

FFS, some really need to learn to shut up. I guess I will really avoid TS from now on. Even after many dramas (for things which really weren't spoilers and for things which were obviously spoilers), some are just unable to be cautious and enjoy teasing others too much.

Huh? That never happened with me.

K.Sabot

Man why was Dissipation the level 50 sch skill, it is neither useful or hype. I only use it now because I feel bad for it. The sacrifice is way too much, if they took away the "can't resummon while it's on" it would be worth giving up a swiftcast revive.

The Hunt system is one of the big things in this game that is just purely awful. The only solace it gives is that it brings veteran players into old zones, but they don't do anything there but kill one thing and warp away. It really should be redone, especially if they want to use it as a means of acquiring gear.

A neat idea would be an instanced boss rush mode with each tier of Hunts being randomized on each floor. Something akin to Nyzul Isle in FFXI, but without the puzzle mechanics. It would make the mobs less trivial and zerg friendly and easier to get to.

Expand the FATE system if you want players do things in the world.

dark_chris

Yeah people were spoiling stuff in the FC and it was driving me insane

Aselith

Finally broke down and bought another retainer. It's done wonders for my invantory so far. XD

Really though, the default limit should've been upped there for the expansion.

I actually saw a comment from Yoshida on this where he said if they upped the number of items that could be held, they'd have to lower the refresh rate of the server so you'd be more likely to lose items in the even of a server crash. Worth it imo but whatver.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/1...asing-retainers-number-to-8-and-item-storage/

But that doesn't explain why they didn't give us more than 2 default retainers with the expansion (we know why that's the case $$$)

Top Bottom