• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Baleoce

I made a little tool to help myself with daily hunt marks, because the stuff out there didn't really do what I wanted.

http://hunts.arcbolt.com/

The coordinates might need a bit of massaging, so let me know if you feel any of them are slightly off. But they should all be in generally the right place. And note that right now this just has the positions of the daily marks, not the weekly or A/S stuff. Hope someone else finds it useful.

This is a great tool, thanks Aeana.

Finally unlocked flying in Coerthas and it's so good not having to traverse that land anymore. It's as if it was designed by someone who hates everyone in the world. The flying itself is really good and it makes exploring a million times easier. Now to try and unlock the other areas as well.

As I race towards the 3.0 content I haven't really been thinking about gear level or seeking out any gear sets.

I am at ilvl 98 now by simply buying stuff off the market and picking up weapon pieces on quests. Just about to go into the Leviathan (Main scenario) fight and decided that maybe I should be thinking about it.

Still, nothing has seemed that difficult for me so far.

Hell, I haven't even worked on being able to use Materia yet.

Ferr986

This game reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaally needs an option to disable battle music. So much awesome music being cut by the same battle theme over and over.

Anyways, I'm quite enjoying this exp. The maps are cool, I don't think they're too big. They're like the size of the biggest XI maps, don't you think? And I'm not finding them as annoying to navigate by foot , but I guess my experience in Yhoator Jungle has helped me a lot :)

Although I have some dislikes with the story right now , the pacing of it and it's missions is WAY better than the ARR story. Right now I'm on a journey reminiscing of an old-school FF.

As I race towards the 3.0 content I haven't really been thinking about gear level or seeking out any gear sets.

I am at ilvl 98 now by simply buying stuff off the market and picking up weapon pieces on quests. Just about to go into the Leviathan (Main scenario) fight and decided that maybe I should be thinking about it.

Still, nothing has seemed that difficult for me so far.

Hell, I haven't even worked on being able to use Materia yet.

Don't worry with gear till HW. You'll get the equipment you need though the MSQ. You end up getting ilvl11o (or 115?) stuff doing the story missions.

Kusagari

Sigh. It's going to take forever to get my law gear with how long the queue for the lvl 60/expert dungeons are

It will be quicker in a week or two. I get the Aery and below in a couple minutes now where as they initially were taking forever near launch.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Decided to level DRK as my first tank(mostly as backup for queues). One run of Brayflox made me want to get Provoke straight away >_>

Armaros

Decided to level DRK as my first tank(mostly as backup for queues). One run of Brayflox made me want to get Provoke straight away >_>

It's one of those 'you should get this ability before doing anything serious' cross class abilities.

Like swiftcast for healers and casters.

suzu

I made a little tool to help myself with daily hunt marks, because the stuff out there didn't really do what I wanted.

The coordinates might need a bit of massaging, so let me know if you feel any of them are slightly off. But they should all be in generally the right place. And note that right now this just has the positions of the daily marks, not the weekly or A/S stuff. Hope someone else finds it useful.

This is great. Thanks!

Zomba13

It's one of those 'you should get this ability before doing anything serious' cross class abilities.

It still strikes me as kinda weird how it is essential and not on each of the tanks. Like Swiftcast is super useful and essential but not in the same way. It's like the Tank version of Raise where you need it, it's super important but unlike Tanks, each healer has their own raise.

ebil

Very useful, thanks!

Kouriozan

Yay, I can fly in all the new zones now, I'm free! :)
I already took my sweet time to go through the story but it's reaching its end, will do it before Alexander but won't rush the last bits either.

So tempted to pick it up on PS4. Especially at only $20 for the disc.

Paying a sub for an MMO is something I vowed to never do again, though. Well, that and I don't have much time to play on a daily basis.

Canucked

If only GAF game community threads had OPs with tons of useful information people can read when they're new.......

My bad. I don't really get the world/Company thing.

sad-dog.jpg

Zomba13

Paying a sub for an MMO is something I vowed to never do again, though. Well, that and I don't have much time to play on a daily basis.

Some referral codes if you do decide to sub and you're new. Z3F4TE65 R4GUT2C7

Ken

My bad. I don't really get the world/Company thing.

http://carmenscafe.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/sad-dog.jpg?w=198&h=254[/I[/QUOTE]

The main GAF guild is on Ultros. Otherwise there's a handful of gaffers on other servers if you'd rather have a server with a better prime time, but those don't actually have a GAF guild afaik.

gryvan

You can finish the main story quest within a month or so. The story imo is pretty amazing.

Rising_Hei

This made me remember the nin i encountered at a lvl 60 dungeon with his LNC @LVL 0
He obviously had some lvl on his mnk (PUG), but he wasn't using the critical up thing either

The BLM was no better, no raging strikes. It was the worst and more slow dungeon i ever had since the 2.2

I know that many could do great if they turned those cross class skills off, but players that don't care about getting and using the right cross skill usually do suck i suppose

Squishy3

Oh nvm, guess there are Wisents there, they were just all dead when I went there. Regardless, there are obviously Wisents at the Wisent Herd too. :p

Aeana

Oh nvm, guess there are Wisents there, they were just all dead when I went there. Regardless, there are obviously Wisents at the Wisent Herd too. :p

I pulled the locations from another spreadsheet that was floating around. I've been changing them to make them a little better as I go, but if you have any suggestions, give me new coords and I'll change.

Audioboxer

Is there anyway to change the font size of NPCs speech that appears at the bottom of the screen?

It's a little overwhelming how many options you get on PS4 :p

Thanks

Stuart444

So almost finished the story. At the quest,
Heavensward.

Some quick thoughts about recent events:

That cutscene when entering Azys Lla was awesome. ;-; Ysayle. That cutscene with Shiva was great.

Also before I forget to mention it, in the hinterlands, Matoya's Cave was awesome, that music, the magical brooms, etc. So nostalgic lol. <3

Also that stuff with Tiamat and finally getting to ride Midgardsomr which is awesome.

The story has been awesome so far.

Silvawuff

So how quickly do Zodiac weapons get replaced when leveling up?

Are there endgame things to do outside of raiding/hunts or does it gas out after the story and leveling experience?

Pancho

Qurupancho
This part must have been
awkward for healers.
You get synced to level 1 on cutscenes, that's why.

Are there endgame things to do outside of raiding/hunts or does it gas out after the story and leveling experience?

I was with my zeta around 60% of the expansion, maybe more. So yeah, it lasts a lot.

And right now there is not much endgame to do. Everyone is gearing up for the end game raid that's unlocking in a week. So lots of hunting and dungeon roulettes.

Stuart444

I'm still using mine but that's cause a new one didn't drop from the level 59 dungeon and the i150 white one is crap outside of it's primary stat.

If you get lucky with a drop on the level 59 dungeon, you could probably make do until then I'd say

artsi

Is there anyway to change the font size of NPCs speech that appears at the bottom of the screen?

Thanks

Not on PC at least, been waiting for that since 2.0.

Seriously with all the UI options you'd think you could scale the text you have to read thousands of lines of, but nah.
Playing on TV in 1080p is pain, 720p helps but looks so bad it's not an option either.

Korezo

Anyone tanks on a controller? Find it way harder than k/m because I can't change between mobs good enough. Its hard switching targets.

Stuart444

Anyone tanks on a controller? Find it way harder than k/m because I can't change between mobs good enough. Its hard switching targets.

R1 + L2 switches between monsters on the enmity list

You can also do R1 + Up/Down on the Dpad iirc but I usually use R1 + L2.

Audioboxer

Not on PC at least, been waiting for that since 2.0.

Seriously with all the UI options you'd think you could scale the text you have to read thousands of lines of, but nah.
Playing on TV in 1080p is pain, 720p helps but looks so bad it's not an option either.

Dang, that's quite a big oversight. I can read it on my 50" TV okay, but since I sit fairly far back I'd prefer larger text with more scrolling. As you said with no voiceovers there is a lot of reading and I want to read most of it as I'm taking this game slow to soak in the lore.

hamchan

Started playing again, wondered why I ever quit. Most fun I've had in an MMO since the WoW glory days.

Not even doing the Heavensward content yet, just leveling an alt class. Still bought the expansion because I wanted to change appearance to an Au Ra.

Beck

I've been trying to power my way through to Heavensward for the past three days but I'm stuck at "Ancient Ways, Timeless Wants."

I'm a BLM and this dragon/serpent enemy is kicking my ass. Does anyone happen to have any tips?

fedexpeon

Banned
Man...How the hell do you DPS do it?
I tried leveling my dragoon and I wanted to kill myself waiting for 1hr queue time.
Fuck...I guess it is back to fate grinding and hunt grinding huh?
I will use my tanks to collect tokens for gear =(.

Korezo

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Thanks
Nope, the text should popup on the chatbox under the Events tab by default though and you can change the font size for that if it still too small. If it's a cutscene, you can click the touchpad to make the chatbox appear.

Audioboxer

Nope, the text should popup on the chatbox under the Events tab by default though and you can change the font size for that if it still too small. If it's a cutscene, you can click the touchpad to make the chatbox appear.

Yeah I got the chatbox (bottom left hand corner) setting okay. It's the NPC chatter/cut scene chatter font size.

I also remember what put me off a little some years back, casters having to stand still. Bit of a slog getting used to that when many other games allow movement. Small price to get used to though, already the world interests me more than ESO.

Gears

So I've been playing the trial after peeking my head in this thread the past week or so. I obviously can't see anything end gamey yet (lvl9) but I'm wondering, is the a fun game to travel through with some friends? Will we have raids/dungeons to look forward to like in wow? I made it to around 90 in WoW, for reference

Top Bottom