• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

If I buy the game + expansion bundle, do I use the Heavensward gametime card or the normal FFXIV gametime card? Does it matter?
It would make sense to use the expansion one on normal games but considering I'm a new player, I won't be able to even access the Heavensward stuff yet.

If your considering picking it up we should team up and be noobs together.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If I buy the game + expansion bundle, do I use the Heavensward gametime card or the normal FFXIV gametime card? Does it matter?
It would make sense to use the expansion one on normal games but considering I'm a new player, I won't be able to even access the Heavensward stuff yet.
There are no separate gametime cards for the expansion afaik.
The art on the cards might be different, but that's it.

SRTtoZ

Almost at 59! So far the game is really really good, but ive been taking my time getting about 1-2 levels per day and not grinding at all. Doing all my duties, randoms, hunts and I still have a ton of sidequests left. Tomorrow will be the day I ding 60 and then ill start gearing and working on a 2nd job. Can't wait.

Semper88

WAR to level 60, AOE John fucking Madden haha.

I hope they drop the PS3 asap, if that holds them from doing some better stuff then can it.

Horrible old platform anyway.

Mcdohl

/rant

I logged on only to find out maintenance will start in 35 minutes.

It seems my prime time for playing (PDT nights) is SE's prime time for maintenance.

/endrant

Rants and jokes aside, would you guys agree PDT midnight is usually SE's prime time for maintenance?

I need my fix :p

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
/rant

I logged on only to find out maintenance will start in 35 minutes.

It seems my prime time for playing (PDT nights) is SE's prime time for maintenance.

/endrant

Rants and jokes aside, would you guys agree PDT midnight is usually SE's prime time for maintenance?

I need my fix :p

Maintenance prime time is 3pm 7pm Japan time :)

Erekiddo

3 player commendations during my first crack at Dark Knight, and an attacking job overall.

I literally had no idea what I was doing.

I think.

Ayumi

There are no separate gametime cards for the expansion afaik.
The art on the cards might be different, but that's it.

Oh, okay. Noticed two different ones (well 4, if you include 30 days vs 60 days) where one said Heavensward and the other said ARR.

finalflame

Man, bad timing for maintenance. Just ended a 3 year relationship and was hoping to get my XIV on to get my mind off things. Oh well, guess there's always tomorrow.

After about ten days I beat A Realm Reborn tonight as a Bard! This is my first MMO completion(I bought Heavensward too tho so more to do) and basically the only MMO I've wanted to stick with.

Main reasons: Controller play, duty finder, multiple classes/jobs on one character. This is the first MMO I've played that had all of these so well done in one package.

Only things I really don't like are the dungeons with tons of cutscenes that I am forced to skip if I want to participate(barely since my team was so fast I didn't need to be there). I watched them all in the inn but the experience is just so disjointed.

I am a part of the GAF FC and my char name is Amina Zhed. I hope to one day get a group together for some of the story heavy dungeons/raids coming up so I don't have to skip cutscenes. But I'm just starting 2.1.

grimmiq

After about ten days I beat A Realm Reborn tonight as a Bard! This is my first MMO completion(I bought Heavensward too tho so more to do) and basically the only MMO I've wanted to stick with.

Main reasons: Controller play, duty finder, multiple classes/jobs on one character. This is the first MMO I've played that had all of these so well done in one package.

Only things I really don't like are the dungeons with tons of cutscenes that I am forced to skip if I want to participate(barely since my team was so fast I didn't need to be there). I watched them all in the inn but the experience is just so disjointed.

I am a part of the GAF FC and my char name is Amina Zhed. I hope to one day get a group together for some of the story heavy dungeons/raids coming up so I don't have to skip cutscenes. But I'm just starting 2.1.

When you catch up to the newest content, a lot of the pressure to skip cutscenes during dungeons goes away.

Ken

Grats! I don't know if the cutscene thing can be helped. It's basically either how it is now funneling people in from roulette for fast rewards/clears or make a DF setting for story watching that will probably have a very low population and long duty finder times.

Did they pop the LB or no? People still seem to be afraid of using their LBs when actually necessary for some reason

If you LB the adds, then you have next to no chance of killing the boss before the enrage. Unless the group just wants experience of that last phase.

If the dps can't kill the shell in one go, its a sign that the adds won't die in time.

B-Dex

I only have hunts to do to get centurio seals to upgrade the rest of my law gear. I've resorted to botany to pass the time.

Botany.

At least I got the 1k tree trophy before maintenance.

Broank

Played for the first time tonight. Saw it for 12 bucks at walmart so I figured why not! Made a Arcanist, Got to level 10, joined a Free Company or something?

Have no idea what I'm doing, never played an MMO before but I'm enjoying it. lol

MogCakes

I'm just going to do dailies to get the centurio upgrade mats. AF2 gear will eventually get here and I want to level up my other classes.

Teknoman

If its your first time through ANYTHING, let them know, and watch the scenes at your leisure during the content.

grimmiq

I'm bouncing back and forth between gearing up my DRG and getting all the new jobs to 50 (MCH done, Astro/DRK at 34) so I don't get burnt out on 1 type of content.

How would people rank the 3 tank classes at the moment? Seems to be a couple of people in FC going DRK or sticking with PLD, heard little about WAR in 3.0.

Ken

Digging through old pictures.

iwL19tcJOMxOS.png

I find it rather odd that stuff like the Challenge Log are locked away behind random quests, I didn't even realise it was a thing until level 35. Could have sped up leveling by quite a bit.

Cmagus

Finally hit level 60 just before maintenance. The Great Grubal Library has such an amazing dungeon theme, it actually made running it enjoyable.

If its your first time through ANYTHING, let them know, and watch the scenes at your leisure during the content.

I could, I suppose. I should say too, that I've been pleasantly surprised by how overall nice and welcoming the vast majority of players have been! Most tanks have been straightforward in telling the strategy of the upcoming dungeon if there's anything special. It's been pretty refreshing.

MogCakes

Of all the zones, I keep coming back to the Hinterlands. The music and atmosphere here is surreal. I'm very glad SE put the new hub town near it.

If you LB the adds, then you have next to no chance of killing the boss before the enrage. Unless the group just wants experience of that last phase.

If the dps can't kill the shell in one go, its a sign that the adds won't die in time.

Haven't grouped up for Bis extreme yet because all the IL limits are 170+ on my server and I'm taking my time, but I suppose the dps check is just that rough.

BadRNG

So servers were pretty good tonight. At least we managed to get everyone their weapons, got final one right before maintenance started kicking people.

Have to say Ravana EX is one of the better primal fights, probably my second favorite after Titan EX. It's also got the best of the primal themes. Bismark EX feels...odd? Like it's missing a part of the fight somehow, it's not overly engaging. You spend more time killing adds then anything else, it doesn't feel like a real primal battle.

fedexpeon

Banned
So servers were pretty good tonight. At least we managed to get everyone their weapons, got final one right before maintenance started kicking people.

Have to say Ravana EX is one of the better primal fights, probably my second favorite after Titan EX. It's also got the best of the primal themes. Bismark EX feels...odd? Like it's missing a part of the fight somehow, it's not overly engaging. You spend more time killing adds then anything else, it doesn't feel like a real primal battle.

Because you aren't really fighting him.
It is all gimmick.
Click devices.
Kill adds.
Kill shell/gore.
Bismark barely involves himself in the fight beside being a dick about slamming the island and casting water/lightning on the island.
He fucking hates the island more than you.
He even tells his best friend to stab the fucking island for him while he looks to get another drink in the fridge to spit more water on the island.

Ayumi

Bought the FFXIV bundle w/ Heavensward and used a friend code already. Writing it here since I've been getting random PMs with recruitment codes. Sorry! (´._.`)

How convenient that the maintenance happens not even 5 minutes after my content updates were finished downloading.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Bought the FFXIV bundle w/ Heavensward and used a friend code already. Writing it here since I've been getting random PMs with recruitment codes. Sorry! (´._.`)

How convenient that the maintenance happens not even 5 minutes after my content updates were finished downloading.

They are usually this time on Tuesdays.

Ken

I fully expect tonight's hotfix notes to be something like:

• Fixed an issue with Au Ra's /sit.
  • Fixed an issue where server would crash in certain instances.

Top Bottom