• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Allard

I will be getting this to go through the dungeon content.

That said, I get that people like the story in this game, but why force it on people to get to the expansion area. I could not "esc" and "skip cutscene" fast enough while doing the story quests. Knowing that when I come back to the game to play this I will have to suffer through the lvl 50 stuff I did not bother to resub to play through before I can move on is a real bummer.

Really hope they speed up the gearing process so you are not stuck grinding anything to get to the next item level tier to continue on.

Because the story that takes you into Ishgard requires you to finish the story, it wouldnt make sense in any capacity from a lore perspective to just let you in, maybe in the future we won't see a story arc like this for the next expansion but if you follow the story you will know why its required before going into the city.

K.Sabot

qs6XsfM.jpg

ah yes, my character, just as i remember her

artsi

Can't even load my character. Oh well, I guess it will be better in a some hours when Japanese go to bed.

Ferr986

Because the story that takes you into Ishgard requires you to finish the story, it wouldnt make sense in any capacity from a lore perspective to just let you in, maybe in the future we won't see a story arc like this for the next expansion but if you follow the story you will know why its required before going into the city.

FFXI to RoTZ to CoP was a continous story and still they didn't block all of the expansion content (it blocked some areas, that's true, but not everything).

It's bad design no matter how you look it for an MMO.

nikos

Queued up, waited a while, got to position 1, waited some more, received an error, selected character again, now infinitely loading.

Tiops

Logged in with my character on Cactuar, that doesn't have the MQ completed :(

My main char on Behemoth doesn't even show up on the select screen. Awesome.

Allard

FFXI to RoTZ to CoP was a continous story and still they didn't block all of the expansion content (it blocked some areas, that's true, but not everything).

FFXI had self contained stories that aside from a couple quest did not in any way effect one another, including pulling previous NPCs from previous expansions which to me sucked. Its apples to oranges, the only similarity is they are both MMO's. The stories themselves could not have been designed differently or had a focus differently. FFXI was self contained for each expansion, FFXIV is a single multi arc storyline.

Tirod

Well I was in long enough to change my appearance to Au Ra but when I try to log in I'm stuck on a loading screen.

Reishiki

Banned

Starting the Zilart story did require you to have reached Rank 6 by doing the Shadow Lord fight. Unless you were carried as fuck, that required you to be around level 50-60.

Nohar

I play with a controller. My shortcuts all disappeared after I teleported inside a new zone. The bars aren't wiped clean: they don't appear at all.

Soulflarz

Banned
Help?
Bought Heavensward on PSN. It says I don't have it in game so I can't continue. I check mognet and it says early access.

*sigh*

OsirisBlack

Banned
Its always the same when any new mmo or expansion to one goes live the thing that baffles me is I am never one of the lucky ones. Im always on the outside looking in please no story spoiler pics have fun and good night.

World data could not be obtained.

I can only assume SE has decided that the ERP on Balmung must be stopped and have deleted Balmung.

nikos

I'm on an infinite loop right now.

Select character.
Players in queue: 1 (every time).
1016 Error
Select Character.
Loading Screen (infinite)
Restart application and repeat the process.

Ferr986

Starting the Zilart story did require you to have reached Rank 6 by doing the Shadow Lord fight. Unless you were carried as fuck, that required you to be around level 50-60.

But you didn't need to start Zilart to go to the new islands, for example.

FFXI had self contained stories that aside from a couple quest did not in any way effect one another, including pulling previous NPCs from previous expansions which to me sucked. Its apples to oranges, the only similarity is they are both MMO's. The stories themselves could not have been designed differently or had a focus differently. FFXI was self contained for each expansion, FFXIV is a single multi arc storyline.

No. Vanilla to Zilart was the same as ARR to Heavensward, minus clifthanger.

CoP tried to be self contained but it's also a follow up to Zilart. They made it that way so it can be played standalone, but it makes more sense when you beat Zilart.

Rest for expansions are fully self contained, that's true.

Kule

I just got in, if you get the 1 person queue cancel and select your char again. I got in instantly this time.

Top Bottom