• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Find multiple hunt LS.
Try to get into parties that stick around for an entire A train and be fed info and teleports.
Have flight in all new zones.

Getting the hunt calls ASAP is the most important. If you can't do that during prime time don't even bother.

dont trust gaf hunt LS. always 10 minutes too late

ftfy

Sorian

Banned
And Tomat, I was one of those BLMs until Dzemael Darkhold when someone finally clued me in -- I had no idea that repeated uses of Fire 1 were more efficient than using Fire 3. The Thaumaturge/Black Mage class really is filled with unintuitive things like this. Conjurer was much easier to pick up, and tanking as a Gladiator was so new and different that I had no preconceptions to mess with learning the class.

They expect you to read tool tips not make assumptions.

Ken

Well, there's a lot of DRKs that never tanked, a lot of MCHs that don't know how to do good damage and there's probably a lot of ASTs that don't know the first thing about healing. All of those new classes can be a little bit tricky to play to boot, so instead of picking up straightforward PLDs, DRGs and WHMs, these people... Yeah. Yoshi, you need to gate more. Make them get that stupid Provoke.

I had a 55 DRG in Aery always hit from the front, and never applied Heavy Thrust. We wiped on the last boss cause adds died too late and the shield never came.

No job is safe.

Female Au Ra's appeal is in how dainty those girls are. Think Lala tanks are cute? Watch a Au Ra female tank in action.

All battle animations are the same across all races. So really every class look exactly the same while in battle. The only difference between a gigantic Roegadyn warrior and a tiny Lalafell warrior is...where there isn't any as far as battle animations are concerned.

1.0 actually had unique out of combat AND in combat animations for all races. It didn't make 1.0 good or anything but there are some things I do miss from it.

ZetaEpyon

Cure for single target. Curaga for aoe. Add numbers (Cure 2 / Curaga 2). Ignore the spell names that end in -ra (Cura).

This might be a good way to do it.

So, exactly how it is in FFXI. Which probably also is a source of confusion for anyone coming from XI. (They later added -ra spells, but they have a distinct function - AoE centered on the caster, not the target.)

The naming in XIV makes no sense.

Agreed, Roe is the only race to me. I don't like the look of any others and it saddens me that we're so rare. I was in a Neverreap run yesterday with 3 Roes and it was great. We were totally broing it out.

Anyway, here's big beef Korbel.

18709037903_80c71777f9_o.jpg

Haha I was a Galka in XI and a Roe now in XIV named Galka Power. We were always the minority but I remember in XI specifically there was a huge amount of comradery for your fellow Galkas especially if you had a Galka Mage in your group that was doing great as racial bonuses were much more punishing in XI.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I finally have access to the Dark Knight Class and I do like the fact that I can stack Scourge and Fracture together.

Would Fates be the best place to level this class to 50 or is their an easier way to level up?

Would rather not do dungeons until I figure out how this Job works. As Warrior is pretty straightforward.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dungeons are exactly where you should be learning the class. Doing FATEs will teach you nothing.

I guess I should be doing Dungeons in relation to my level then.

Took me 10 minutes to figure out why Actions in "Actions and Traits" was greyed out. No base class.

But I think Dark Knight can be a lot of fun.

1 question though. Do Shadowskin and Foresight stack?

I guess I should be doing Dungeons in relation to my level then.

Took me 10 minutes to figure out why Actions in "Actions and Traits" was greyed out. No base class.

But I think Dark Knight can be a lot of fun.

1 question though. Do Shadowskin and Foresight stack?

Yes. Shadowskin is %dmg reduction from incoming attacks, while foresight is simply buffing your defense.

iammeiam

Machinist not having any instant heal ability like Second Wind is some straight up BS.

Oh man this. I bitch about it every time science happens. It's a relatively easy fix--combine the phsyical and magical damage down skills into a low quality Supervirus at 56 (when you get Rend Mind now) and put a Second Wind analogue in the freed up space.

It'd be less offensive if we had a decent defensive CD, or even a cast healing ability, or any way to counteract damage, but lol nope.

scy

Oh man this. I bitch about it every time science happens. It's a relatively easy fix--combine the phsyical and magical damage down skills into a low quality Supervirus at 56 (when you get Rend Mind now) and put a Second Wind analogue in the freed up space.

It'd be less offensive if we had a decent defensive CD, or even a cast healing ability, or any way to counteract damage, but lol nope.

HEALING BULLET

iammeiam

I will now never get over my desire to recover health via self-inflicted gunshot wound. I will feel incomplete until the day I die , the world a little less colorful and food a little less flavorful.

Not even really for healing purposes; it'd just be a nice animation to be able to activate during particularly bad conversation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean, TOR has a healing gun class. Think Chemist from FFT. Throwing potions in your face to make you healthy.

It could have worked, I don't even care how they did it. Make a class with an RPG launcher that shoots out potion vials, summon some personas, idk just make it happen.

Eh, if anything I wanted something like Corsair from XI, especially since it seem like the gun class would be in Limsa Lominsa before the decided to honor Mustadio's corpse for some reason.

Chemist as a healer addition would have been more interesting

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean, TOR has a healing gun class. Think Chemist from FFT. Throwing potions in your face to make you healthy.
Rift has a Physician soul to turn Rogues into healers, and you get hilarious ability names like "Mass Blood Transfusion". They are billed as "alchemical archers" for whatever reason.

Sorian

Banned
Rift has a Physician soul to turn Rogues into healers, and you get hilarious ability names like "Mass Blood Transfusion". They are billed as "alchemical archers" for whatever reason.

Ah, imagine if archer/bard was a healer. That would be so awesome.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Hmmm that's higher than I anticipated.... $18 for a world transfer? WTF.

Anyways does anyone know approximately how long it takes to do a world transfer? A day? Instantaneous? An Hour?

Sorian

Banned
Hmmm that's higher than I anticipated.... $18 for a world transfer? WTF.

Anyways does anyone know approximately how long it takes to do a world transfer? A day? Instantaneous? An Hour?

When I did mine long ago, it was instantaneous. I think the page that you go through gives a warning that it could take up to 15 minutes. Probably just there on the off chance you try doing it at the same time as everyone else in the world.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
When I did mine long ago, it was instantaneous. I think the page that you go through gives a warning that it could take up to 15 minutes. Probably just there on the off chance you try doing it at the same time as everyone else in the world.

5mins or so.

Well thanks for the info

rubius01

I will now never get over my desire to recover health via self-inflicted gunshot wound. I will feel incomplete until the day I die , the world a little less colorful and food a little less flavorful.

Not even really for healing purposes; it'd just be a nice animation to be able to activate during particularly bad conversation.

I take it you're a big fan of Persona 3 then....

Xion_Stellar

Your both a bunch of frauds Persona 4 is the Golden goose of the series.

I am glad that FF14 has reduced the gear grind.
Everything is so easy to get gear...except for hunts.
Any tip on that crap? I am never on time or know where to go for A Hunts since they are so spread out.

most people use gw, and people on playstation use the mobile notification app or the website. you can join a linkshell but keep an eye on the people sharing locations with target macros. at that point you're most likely too late.

"my fc just gave me the coordinates for Marraco but i'll share as soon as i'm 5 feet away from it."

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I propose a new term for DPS that don't dodge AOE's: DIPS = Dying in the process.

boothisman.gif

IJoel

Got this a week or so ago, and just unlocked SMN (level 30 still). Anyone here partying at around that level? I've seen a couple people with the [GAF] tag which I assume is the guild from here.

Top Bottom