• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Got this a week or so ago, and just unlocked SMN (level 30 still). Anyone here partying at around that level? I've seen a couple people with the [GAF] tag which I assume is the guild from here.

There will be plenty of people around that level since the new jobs start at level 30.

Pancho

Qurupancho
There's gotta be a hidden Lala bonus. Everytime I get paired up with 3 other Lalas, magic happens and they are the best runs I ever get.

Tabris

I know LTTP but glad to see that it was an obvious bug that Ravana was destroying all the walls with his mid fight move. Tabris and Korra got their first kills last night (I think it was Korra's first kill, sorry if I'm wrong) and Ravana left up exactly one wall during that attempt. Nothing broken or damaged beforehand and I watched as everything shattered while I was trying to see where I was going to run after my float wore off. I felt like it was odd but I didn't comment on it since it really has no effect on the fight unless the tank can't keep Ravana mid for some reason.

Oh that wasn't normal lol?

Fauve

Is it possible at all to unbind mousewheel scroll up and down from adjusting the camera? I'm so used to using those for attacking in other MMOs.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
just spent an hour in character creation with no progress made,
halp

Zomba13

just spent an hour in character creation with no progress made,
halp

Have a recruit a friend code: NRYGMF4J

Oh, not that kind of help?

Pick a catboy/catgirl. Don't pick any shape or form of a Lalafell. They do weird sex stuff in their secret clubs and should be ashamed.

Qvoth

not really bothering with hunts in tonberry, generally pulled too quickly and i only have 2 hunt LS
daily clan hunts are a much easier way, 110 centurio seals just for killing random mobs?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
nvm, already going back and changing the looks.

Ayumi

No way of saving my one-time password in the launcher (for like 12 hours)?
I'm used to the Blizzard Client where it keeps you logged in, so I already feel a bit annoying having to enter my info every single time I open it up. :<

LegatoB

No way of saving my one-time password in the launcher (for like 12 hours)?
I'm used to the Blizzard Client where it keeps you logged in, so I already feel a bit annoying having to enter my info every single time I open it up. :<
Nope, it's every time!

It's not so bad except during, say, expansion launches, when you're getting lobby server errors. Which kick you out of the client. And make you log in again.

Soma

The Vault lives up to the hype. Great dungeon.

And yeah that scene afterwards... I knew the spoiler already but damn. Even with his dying breath he still thinks firstly of you. :'(

Semper88

Oh man, so I got my self a gaming laptop so me and my gf can play together (she's on the PS4).

I was like, OH YEAH! i get to use KB/Mouse again...

What a train wreck.. going from controller with a lvl 60 char with KB/M out of nowhere.
I hooked up my DS4 after 2 hours, rekt.

Tonight some Ravana EX!

kuroshiki

Dear BLMs

Please don't pull the monsters by yourselves. You no longer are god of AOE. Flare is POS now. Your rotation now has completely changed.

When mobs take 7-8 min to die and healer had to completely empty their MP to heal the tank, you guys should notice something is not right.

If tank is not pulling big mobs there is always a good reason why.

With love.

Warrior from Lv 60 dungeon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Finally made it to Heavensward content. Four days and eighteen hours to get there. The stretch between hitting level fifty and finishing up the post launch content for ARR was much longer than I could have anticipated. Some of the quests were exceedingly menial, and these tasks felt particularly repetitive treading through areas that it had felt like I'd never left. Without new scenery to spruce up the experience the straight shot of quests with menial rewards found itself to be a bit grating. I wish there was some way for SE to clean up this experience for new players, but the best and most important stuff involving characters and story does happen inside the 2.1-2.5 content. I only wish it was...somewhat trimmed.

Semper88

Finally made it to Heavensward content. Four days and eighteen hours to get there. The stretch between hitting level fifty and finishing up the post launch content for ARR was much longer than I could have anticipated. Some of the quests were exceedingly menial, and these tasks felt particularly repetitive treading through areas that it had felt like I'd never left. Without new scenery to spruce up the experience the straight shot of quests with menial rewards found itself to be a bit grating. I wish there was some way for SE to clean up this experience for new players, but the best and most important stuff involving characters and story does happen inside the 2.1-2.5 content. I only wish it was...somewhat trimmed.

Welcome to HW, you'll now have to do 300 extra fetch quests on your way to 60 :)

Main story and dungeon are cool tho, keep that in mind to stay motivated :p

WolvenOne

Welp, Ravana Extreme is, interesting. Lots of little mechanics to learn, but most of them arent really new, and there isn't much RNG to speak of.

Definitely more fun than Bismark. The only real challenge there is the dps check, and looking outside the stage to discern what attack is coming next. (I'm not really accustomed to that yet.)

Thoraxes

Man, fucking moogles.

I just hit the 55-56 grind lol

I knew it was too good to be true that I kept hitting the next MSQ without any need to grind.

WolvenOne

Man I just skipped half the Moogle Quests, and a lot of the ones I did do were something I came back to later when I needed a tiny bit more XP to hit another level.

They go by pretty darn fast once you can fly.

What is with these LTW recipes requiring multiple skins for just one leather? I guess they thought LTW's had it way too easy before or something.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I must've ran Aery like 10+ times just cause I wanted the BRD Orthodox set. It was only a little worth it.

i didn't see any issues with the moogles quests. it's the same stuff you do getting from 1-60, it's just that moogles are your clients this time. no big deal.

it's boring either way.

Tash

Do the poses for Aura still have blank stares? I haven't even checked the /cposes yet.

file.php

Tash

anyone?

also don't know what to do with poetics. i'm capped and they keep coming. couldn't find any mats to buy.

yeah, that's it. I hate the A and S ranks with a vengeance..
If you only do the daily/weekly you will still be able to upgrade all law gear in about three weeks. That's pretty ok in my book. (yeah I am a SCH, pun totally intended!)

Also, there is no way you can keep playing with all effects for party members on anymore. MCH and DKN combo makes it pretty much impossible to see any hostile ground aoe effects -.-

edit: blah, wanted to post in my comment above..sorry for the double spam

Klyka

Banned
I had no problem with the Moogles cause they are cute as fuck and make the best noises.
They are also psychopaths who will ask you to kill 4 dragons for being "disrespectful".

You know who REALLY grinds me gears?

The Vanu Vanu.
ESPECIALLY that one guy from the long story line.
"I want you to kill 3 imperials"
done
"I want you to kill another 3 imperials"
done
"oh hey man,could you like, kill another 3 imperials?"
done
"Man did you see how I snuck into that imperial base and took their stuff? i'm such a hero"

FUCK that guy.

If you only do the daily/weekly you will still be able to upgrade all law gear in about three weeks. That's pretty ok in my book. (yeah I am a SCH, pun totally intended!)

Also, there is no way you can keep playing with all effects for party members on anymore. MCH and DKN combo makes it pretty much impossible to see any hostile ground aoe effects -.-

edit: blah, wanted to post in my comment above..sorry for the double spam

I tried finding that option in the graphics settings but it's not there?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Might have to do more Aery myself. Not just for that, but red panda too.
Ah, must be super rare. Never popped up for me.
i didn't see any issues with the moogles quests. it's the same stuff you do getting from 1-60, it's just that moogles are your clients this time. no big deal.

it's boring either way.
I thought they were going to be dreadful, they weren't too bad aside from a few invisible walls I'd hit.

okay. i saw people mentioning 100something centurio per day. i don't know how to achieve that with those 3 bills?

thanks.

Mesharey

Anyone got Twintania?
I think they started yesterday, but I received nothing, not even Chocobo feathers.
Edit: the website says "after July".

I'm liking Triple Triad quite a bit, though it's a shame that the chance of getting a card from beating an NPC is so random. Doesn't really match up with how things were in FFVIII.

Tash

Character Configuration -> Character

hOWC14p.png

okay. i saw people mentioning 100something centurio per day. i don't know how to achieve that with those 3 bills?

thanks.

You get:

3 centurio/mark - One-star Clan Mark Bills (daily)
4 centurio/mark - Two-star Clan Mark Bills (daily)
15 centurio/mark - Three-star Clan Mark Bills (daily)
100 centurio - Elite Clan Mark Bill (weekly)

So that comes down to:
Daily: 3x5 + 4x5 + 15x5 = 110
Weekly: 100 + 110x7 = 870

To upgrade all gear you need 395 + 300x5 + 150x5 = 2645 (395 for the weapon, 300 for the helm, body, hands, legs, feet, 150 for belt, neck, braclet, earrings, 1 ring)

Reknoc

I had no problem with the Moogles cause they are cute as fuck and make the best noises.
They are also psychopaths who will ask you to kill 4 dragons for being "disrespectful".

You know who REALLY grinds me gears?

The Vanu Vanu.
ESPECIALLY that one guy from the long story line.
"I want you to kill 3 imperials"
done
"I want you to kill another 3 imperials"
done
"oh hey man,could you like, kill another 3 imperials?"
done
"Man did you see how I snuck into that imperial base and took their stuff? i'm such a hero"

FUCK that guy.

The Vanu Vanu are the best. How can you hate a race that's constantly dancing.

Joined a Bismarck learning party tonight (my first ever extreme primal). People had to leave towards the end and so the group fell apart, but we managed to consistently get to the final phase towards the end. Hopefully I'll be able to clear it tomorrow- I want to start learning Ravana and work towards getting a super cool looking weapon.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Does crafting high-end gear still include Tomestones components? can't find recipes.

Top Bottom