• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

odd, in my circles everyone uses that for sarcasm and humor.... hmm.

No, this face means "sarcasm and humor", 8=D

Finally got all my crafts to 15 or up. Now trying to get my culinarian to 37 for that steady hand 2. Trying to level through leves as well as crafting log. But when you need 1 fish and only 1 person on the market board is selling them in bulk for a total of 25k gil, I think that's a sign to go back to leveling my fisher. Or really just start leveling all my gatherers.

Guys, guys, I don't know if you heard yet but Wolven isn't taking the grind seriously. You all need to relax, he isn't taking it seriously. It's not even that bad of a grind, he's not taking it seriously yet. XD

Edit: Forgot the XD at the end, sorry.

Damn, didnt realize spending 4 hours a day in a game was casual. Thanks for the info sorian

WolvenOne

No, this face means "sarcasm and humor".

Oh for the love of, EVEN I'M NOT THAT OBLIVIOUS!!

Damn, didnt realize spending 4 hours a day in a game was casual. Thanks for the info sorian

I'm not doing pre-formed groups, I'm stopping to socialize a lot, still doing the occasional AFK, heck I'd even be PVPing if the queues were a bit shorter.

It's not the time I'm talking about, it's the amount of effort I'm putting in.

Redx508

i told Nuadha not to hack the playstation twitter

mjUr0zp.png

Any pro casters available to run A3S with our group next Monday? Receive discounts from eddard stark on your relic HQ mats if you do!

I haven't cleared that with him, but fuck it, I'll pay you a few mil if necessary and you might actually get the discount too. I want to ruuuuunnnnnn so badly, damn holiday travel fucking up our momentum.

If anyone needs WHM for A3S this week...wait, nope...fuck that. Relic grind or bust. Only need relic at this point for A4S shit I may/may not do at some point.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got my 18 crystals. Probably took around 10 hours total. I did most of it while at work today, so not so bad.

Omni

I got my AST to level 50 earlier! Can someone explain the cards to me? I mean. I know what most of them do... but what exactly is "The Spear", and who should I use it on? Also, is "The Arrow" better for casters?

Then you have the stances. Is one better than the other? I know if I'm with a WHM I should switch to the mitigation one, but what about for solo play? Does it matter?

Just got back in after being out since pre HW. Should i bother with Allagan Poetics or just push towards the HW content?

Also does anyone know of a good YouTube series or something similar for the lore/story of this or XI or for XIV am i better off rewatching cutscenes at an Inn.

dcye

Don't think the relic is that bad. Can consistently make progress on it casually. Old beast tribe quests are pretty hilarious with no aggro, the sahagin one where you gotta rescue the dudes on the boat makes me laugh every time.

Eldren

As Ebil already said Cerberus should be one of the biggest EU servers and it mainly consists of UK players. Other UK-heavy servers are Odin, Phoenix and maybe Ragnarok?

In-game name is Tyr Silverbergh. FC is called "The Divebombs". It's a not so big FC which I founded with some ingame friends.

Yeah I think I've settled on Cerberus, just need to get all my things in order and then take the plunge I guess...

I got my AST to level 50 earlier! Can someone explain the cards to me? I mean. I know what most of them do... but what exactly is "The Spear", and who should I use it on? Also, is "The Arrow" better for casters?

Then you have the stances. Is one better than the other? I know if I'm with a WHM I should switch to the mitigation one, but what about for solo play? Does it matter?

Spear reduces the cooldown time on oGCD abilities by 20% but only if those abilities are used after you've given them the Spear. So if you use it on a Machinist and then they use Ricochet, instead of it taking 60 seconds to come off cooldown it'll take 48s. It's a bit awkward to use because you can't see other players' cooldowns but jobs that use a lot of oGCD abilities will likely appreciate it. If not, just chuck it on yourself and pop Luminiferous Aether and Lightspeed or something. I don't know much about SMN but from what I remember BLMs work well with Arrow because they don't have to worry about bottoming out on MP (conversely, don't give a BLM a Ewer because it screws with the rotation, use it on the other healer or yourself or a SMN if they need it.)

I stopped levelling my AST before I hit 50 (the idea of healing Dzemael Darkhold always puts me off...) but I imagine Diurnal (regen stance) is fine for soloing higher level content. You can probably just use whichever you're more comfortable with.

Ken

Spear reduces the cooldown time on oGCD abilities by 20% but only if those abilities are used after you've given them the Spear. So if you use it on a Machinist and then they use Ricochet, instead of it taking 60 seconds to come off cooldown it'll take 48s. It's a bit awkward to use because you can't see other players' cooldowns but jobs that use a lot of oGCD abilities will likely appreciate it. If not, just chuck it on yourself and pop Luminiferous Aether and Lightspeed or something. I don't know much about SMN but from what I remember BLMs work well with Arrow because they don't have to worry about bottoming out on MP (conversely, don't give a BLM a Ewer because it screws with the rotation, use it on the other healer or yourself or a SMN if they need it.)

Arrow is good to decent on anyone with a lot of oGCDs. Machinist is probably one of the better ones cause they have Grazes, Reload, Quick Reload, Ricochet, Gauss Round, and Blank. DRG is also not a bad pick since they have Surges, all three Jumps, and Leg Sweep.

Just got back in after being out since pre HW. Should i bother with Allagan Poetics or just push towards the HW content?

Also does anyone know of a good YouTube series or something similar for the lore/story of this or XI or for XIV am i better off rewatching cutscenes at an Inn.

Poetic gear will last you through the second heavensward dunegon at lvl 53, so if you got them, spend them.

Poetic gear will last you through the second heavensward dunegon at lvl 53, so if you got them, spend them.

Yeah I'm close to being able to afford the 485(?) chest piece so I'll get that (most likely today) then power on. Out of the 2.x bosses though I've only just fought Good King Moggle Mog so I have a ways to go.

Nohar

Well, Praetorium was rather quick to complete, and gives decent EXP. I guess I should do that Duty roulette more often. Anyhow, my Bard is finally level 60. Time to unequip everything, give it to my retainer, and forget I ever played that job.

Next step is simply playing Summoner and leveling up Ninja. I hope I'll have the occasion to try out Thordan, but considering I'm waaaaaaaay behind in terms of stuff (ilvl 173), I guess this is unlikely (I guess I would need a few weeks to catch up). In the end, I guess I'll just level up Ninja and my crafting jobs.

You'll want to use Diurnal as much as possible. For solo play specially, go Diurnal. Don't forget the attack speed buff it has.

aceface

Some Japanese guy is 65/80 on Unidentified, claims he got 40 through maps.

Well if you're rich or buying gil and can afford infinite maps I suppose it could go pretty quick...

Is there any word on if there's an equal chance to get them from all the HW maps? The lower two are actually more in demand than dragon on Ultros, I'm guessing because they are easier to solo.

Valor

Just finally taking a good look at the High Allagan gear for monk. Would really like to get those (though I haven't progressed past T5).
There should be a crafted set that is dyable coming in 3.2, I think.

This seems like a crapshoot to me depending on which items drop from which maps. Would suck to be 20/20 on one of them and only get those drops from a map.

Wilsongt

I'm surprised someone isn't already done.

There should be a crafted set that is dyable coming in 3.2, I think.

This seems like a crapshoot to me depending on which items drop from which maps. Would suck to be 20/20 on one of them and only get those drops from a map.

Seeing as how there is someone on Cerberus who has 999,999.999gil on person on probably nearly that much across all of his retainers, it's fairly easy to determine that they are just killing the map market by buying them all.

Edit:

Take that back. Should see first Anima weapon today at some point. https://twitter.com/AxelTrial777/status/678260781566136320

khaaan

I suppose making money is one way to interpret the season.

http://imgur.com/a/6GvNW

Edit: Bumped the price up to 50 gil per thing. Looks like that was enough to deter people from buying up everything but still so cheap that it's essentially free for people.

WolvenOne

I'm surprised someone isn't already done.

Seeing as how there is someone on Cerberus who has 999,999.999gil on person on probably nearly that much across all of his retainers, it's fairly easy to determine that they are just killing the map market by buying them all.

Edit:

Take that back. Should see first Anima weapon today at some point. https://twitter.com/AxelTrial777/status/678260781566136320

That first person must have an entire FC feeding him or her maps. Even with God-Tier RNG that's forty maps, and nobody gets RNG that good. Plus even with maximum retainers, I don't think you can store that many maps.

Or maybe said player has a ton of Gil to burn.

WolvenOne

Yeah I just remembered that as well.

Still, would be cool if I can get set from Second Coil before then (assuming the GAF FC still does unsynced Coil runs).

With the poetics bonus and the Relic grind going on, anyone without a clear is likely to soon be kidnapped and dragged through the darkest depths of Coil.

Also, I think I'm going to start dragging people through A1S soon. That's 100 Law per new person cleared, right?

Top Bottom