• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

I'm going to make this a macro using this quote in some fashion (probably will say "FFLOGS SAYS AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE BEEN A JACKASS TANK THAT ISN'T USING YOUR COOLDOWNS, SO POP SOMETHING" for when a tank should be popping a CD or DPS should NOT be using B4B. How much in royalties do you want?

Just make a supercut video of it in action when you're done with A4S and we can call it good.

Oh, and if it has a sound effect it MUST be <se.6>

scy

So, derailing this for a moment.

I'm leveling Summoner. Just trying to get an idea of stat priority for gear. Lots of conflicting opinions from the official forums so figured I'd ask here.

Spell speed or Critical Hit first? Determination and Accuracy second? Not really planning on doing Savage unless people want me to go. Keeping seeing stuff on Reddit about Spell Speed affecting DOTs now but nothing really concrete. Aside from the Esoteric 210 being best in slot.

Speaking of Eso, was originally planning on getting the 200 pre-relic. Is the only way to 210 a weapon is through Savage or did I hear right about Diadem giving out the same item?

Sorry for the questions, and thanks!

Crit > Det > SSPD for stat priority; Accuracy up to the requirement for whatever level of content you are doing and then not a single point after that. And you may need to clarify what you mean by Esoteric 210 as best in slot. For SMN their Eso slots would be Chest, Gloves, and Pants for left side and Neck, Earrings, and a Ring for right side. Or basically this if I remember right.

Crit > Det > SSPD for stat priority; Accuracy up to the requirement for whatever level of content you are doing and then not a single point after that. And you may need to clarify what you mean by Esoteric 210 as best in slot. For SMN their Eso slots would be Chest, Gloves, and Pants for left side and Neck, Earrings, and a Ring for right side. Or basically this if I remember right.

Thank ya kindly!

ESO i210 is the upgraded Esoteric weapon from the i200. It was another point I keep seeing in the official forums and parts of Reddit.

WolvenOne

Hey, just be glad that spell-speed isn't Parry.

Complain too loudly and they'll just replace all Spellspeed in the game with Parry! XD

scy

one day I should play swtor.

Is SSPD still complete trash then? Or were the buffs enough to not make it terrible, just not as good?

Just not as good. It's like ~15 INT per 100 Crit vs 14 for DET and 12 for SSPD? It just makes the few slots we're forced to do SSPD on (e.g., Gloves, Belt, 1x Ring) not the worst thing to ever exist but still not a practical priority stat.

Thank ya kindly!

ESO i210 is the upgraded Esoteric weapon from the i200.

Then no, the A4S drop is better. It's not massively better, though, so there's that? Like, sub half an INT difference between the two books. The Relic book is pretty bad though, unfortunately.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
SkS is good for Bard (almost as good as Det according to some calculations) and BLM.
For other jobs it's evidently garbagio, although WHM, AST, DRG and from what I heard NIN want a certain amount just out of practicality concerns.

So thoughts after watching most of the podcast now...

I like how Miunih says the assumed priority of SCH/SMN raising is not always how it should be (but most of the time it should). I usually get a lot of crap from people for raising as WHM when I'm not asked to. The issue always stems from it's probably the most instinctive reflex I have in the game. I'll usually have the raise off before SCH/SMN says "I got it" on voice chat. The mindset is that, MP permitting, the faster you get them up the sooner they can recover from weakness/contribute to the fight. I understand that there are priorities depending on the fight. Sometimes casting raise right away (especially as WHM) is not optimal, and I will admit that has caught me with my pants down a handful of times (ie doing it before a big tank buster or raid damage and not healing for that 2-3 second window, and somebody else died as a result of my raise). But it's good that healers learn/understand priorities in fights in terms of raising vs healing, and I guess if you're like me with that reflex, you have to sometimes learn to fight it.

I love Miunih's talk on GCDs as a healer. SO MUCH THIS. If you get behind on the fight in terms of GCDs as a healer, you can have a very bad time. RNG and deviations from the script are the leading causes of this in progression, and if you hesitate to take action for the length of a GCD window, the delay might spiral into an unrecoverable sequence. I've tried to explain this to people so many times when we wipe and it's basically looked at as a BS excuse (ie you didn't know what to do). The most you can do I feel is vocalize the issue and try to make the party understand there is a bad time coming up unless something can intervene, ie tanks using an extra CD, but sometimes the solution is more complicated and can't be easily vocalized in the window of time left (or rather for me, explaining it would take too much focus off the fight regardless, leading to a wipe anyway). The thing I have to do is recognize what was the incident that triggered the sequence and be able to anticipate it better in the future to avoid the same scenario. Also, as a WHM, this is the single most important use of Presence of Mind to me - it's the emergency button to try to catch up when this occurs, whether it was due to my slow reactions, not recognizing something, or another player's mistake. But it can only recover so much. And Miunih also says he uses PoM as the "oh shit" button, but if you can work it into points of the fight where it's unlikely to have the "oh shit" moment and have it up later for when "oh shits" might possibly happen, you should be using it in some fashion. It also speeds up CD recovery for the duration of the buff -- something I don't think a lot of WHM realize.

Something, Something, Miunih views SCH as a support healer only, mainly there as another DPS (I agree with this a lot). While a WHM should contribute (and in some cases is needed to contribute) DPS in raid fights, it's only because if they weren't DPSing at those points they'd be sitting around twiddling their thumbs and you're being useless. However, the majority of the fight, a WHM can (and IMO) should be healing and pro-actively taking actions to ensure the survival of all party members so as to basically allow 7 people in the fight to be virtually non-stop DPSing. WHM can DPS, yes. We can actually, if allowed, put up a good amount of DPS. However, that's not really optimal in most situations (the situations where it's optimal is if for some reason the other healer is going to do the majority of the healing or you're doing content on farm or you grossly out-gear the fight). Honestly, it's up to how the party works. If you and your co-healer share a lot of the healing and both output decent DPS, then that's what works for you. If you're like me, I want my co-healer to be pumping out as much DPS as possible until I absolutely have to have some healing assistance, otherwise trust me to do most of the healing.

But Enigma and Miunih point out the game is designed with all healers having a decent amount of skills that are DPS abilities and not healing abilities. Thinking you can go into progression raiding (while it's relevant) and not contribute any DPS as a healer (even if you solo heal stuff) is not very feasible. Miunih even says that he views every single class in the game as inherently a DPS, but each has unique abilities that gives them secondary responsibilities. The faster a fight goes by, the easier it is on everyone. Tanks need to see themselves as DPS, who have hate generating and damage mitigation skills to handle taking the brunt of a boss's attacks. Enigma does stress that either extreme for tanks/healers is not optimal, either. A WAR should not be in defiance the whole fight, and a SCH should not be in cleric the entire fight (for progression). You have the find a balance.

AND for people in progression, please listen to their remarks on going into a new fight. LEARN. THE. MECHANICS. FIRST. FIGURE OUT THE FIGHT. Optimize DPS AFTER you know how you're dealing with mechanics. Simply seeing stuff is good for progression even if you cheesed your way into a next phase. As a healer, you need to keep your party alive to see stuff. Once you know the phases, you can begin to work in DPS.

LOL @ Accuracy discussion. We did FCoB carries last night for poetics. T13. Had Fluid Aura, Assize, and Stone III all miss in a row. THANK YOU YOSHIP. Enigma and Miunih suggesting a better balance of healing accuracy would be nice in the future so healers could at least consistently do decent/reliable DPS. Enigma says if SCH had too much accuracy, though, the class would be broken. Because of the accuracy problems and how WHM can't sustain MP as well as SCH, heavy DPS output from WHM is detrimental to progression simply because they can't sustain it and it burns up their MP too quickly. Nice suggestion from the host about a temporary accuracy boost if healers go into cleric stance.

Totally didn't consider (because I don't know enough about BRDs) to ask for Reign of Death to be up when I want to DPS in progression because it lowers enemy evasion...so my lower accuracy is less of a pain in the ass.

As for CD usage, I mentioned PoM earlier, but WHM should be using Asylum and Assize as much as they can. I am guilty of holding on to it longer than I should to use it to recover from big aoe hits. Shroud thing I feel the same way, I burn it when I can. The only time I need to use it for hate reasons is A3S around the time of the first party knock back (especially after I got 210 weapon) and A2S on Wave 8 at some point, though that one isn't as relevant any more. The whole thing on Divine Seal and Benediction is good advice (I don't always follow it though). I feel like I use Divine Seal a good amount in most fights, but I tend to subconsciously time it around key moments...I think. Benediction I hold on to unless it's going to be needed as part of the fight script. Like A1S Tankbuster or if it's DRK in A3S and they LD the first hand slaps. The one thing I am very, very bad at IMO, is realizing that Benediction is a license to keep DPSing. As they talked about using Ben on LD DRK on A3S, and saying they don't leave cleric stance, I realized I have never, ever been in Cleric stance during hand phase unless SCH is getting DPS down for HoP. Then again, most of the A3S time I've done has been PLD/WAR...but like, on A1S, I could be maybe be DPSing during Tank Buster by just using Ben on it since it's not affected by Cleric.

I'm not sure if Miunih said in HW he prioritizes Piety, then Spell Speed over everything else? I re-listen to it and it's not clear to me if he's only talking about 2.5 or HW. But stat weight discussion was interesting. CRIT/DET for SCH outside of progression with a good mix of piety. Says Crit is a bit overrated on SCH.

Edit:

I know in the past there was some debate over WHM/SCH/AST healing potency (ie which has the most powerful overall curing tools):
https://youtu.be/PH7pSzCrFIs?t=2468

Tl;dr - Nothing compares to Cure III

WolvenOne

SkS is good for Bard (almost as good as Det according to some calculations) and BLM.
For other jobs it's evidently garbagio, although WHM, AST, DRG and from what I heard NIN want a certain amount just out of practicality concerns.

Ayep, Skill Speed and Spell Speed are good for some classes, garbage for others. Which is why I'd rank Parry as a worse offender, it does nothing for DPS outside of DRK, and is weighted even lower then it was in 2.X now.

Really wish they'd fix it, as a Warrior I cry a little inside whenever I'm forced to use a Parry piece.

Ken

DRG and WAR want enough to hit 3 Geirskogul/Fell Cleave per respective buff, I think. AFAIK NIN don't really have anything like that and apparently skspd only make mudra pushing into GCD worse.

rubius01

Miunih even says that he views every single class in the game as inherently a DPS, but each has unique abilities that gives them secondary responsibilities. The faster a fight goes by, the easier it is on everyone. Tanks need to see themselves as DPS, who have hate generating and damage mitigation skills to handle taking the brunt of a boss's attacks.

Oh, fuck me. I really really wish they didn't say this. You are going to get dipshits who only read this part and not read:

Enigma does stress that either extreme for tanks/healers is not optimal, either. A WAR should not be in defiance the whole fight, and a SCH should not be in cleric the entire fight (for progression). You have the find a balance.

The balance is different for every static.

WolvenOne

Skill Speed also slightly increases the speed at which Warriors build Deliverance stacks, so it increases the potency of Crit indirectly. I'm not certain how much this factors in though, both because it probably depends heavily on your base crit rate, aaaaand because the various people that research this rarely go into as much detail when it comes to Warrior stat weights.

Oh, fuck me. I really really wish they didn't say this. You are going to get dipshits who only read this part and not read:

True, and it should be stated if it wasn't obvious, they're mostly talking about high end raid progression, though a good amount of what they say applies to all players.

"I hate that fight" - Miunih on A4S.

Aw, he loves T9. Such a good fight. And T12! 15 STACKS WITH 5 BENNUS YOOOOOOO, GET REKTTTT!

Enigma liked T13. I have to say, once I sorta-learned to play SCH right after progression in 2.55 and ran those late night DF's with Haman, Miyu, and Felix...as a SCH that fight is really fun. Really liked trying to see how high I could push DPS and still give enough support, I think near the end of 2.55 I actually put up really good DPS on that fight and was so comfortable manually using Eos and Selene. I'm such a clumsy idiot when I try to jump back onto SCH now. WHM/SCH so very different...

iammeiam

looking at Dervy's weights, after you hit the break point for a given job SSpeed is uniformly the worst secondary, just in a "not as good" sense as opposed to "is the devil" sense.

Unless you're NIN.

Still no DRK/MCH/BLM weights, though. BLM getting a ton out of it is a given but im curious for MCH numbers because I'm pretty sure it's trash.

Edit: on Static balance, while that's true, I think it's important there be actual discussion on where the balance lies. Pushing tank DPS/healer DPS/it's all on the DPS... Everyone needs to be on the same page and be sure the balance reached is actually viable or you're just in for a ton of frustration.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
True, and it should be stated if it wasn't obvious, they're mostly talking about high end raid progression, though a good amount of what they say applies to all players.

"I hate that fight" - Miunih on A4S.

Aw, he loves T9. Such a good fight. And T12! 15 STACKS WITH 5 BENNUS YOOOOOOO, GET REKTTTT!

Turn 9 is a great fight even now. I've been having some fun goofing off in unsynced Coil poetics run the past few days while I avoid doing Alexander 2 at all.

scy

It largely depends? You work with the group to figure out what you can and cannot do in terms of when tanks are in tank stance and when healers go for more DPS. The thing is making sure it's working together to figuring it all out and not simply accommodating someone, though. Figure out what's a problem, why it's a problem, and solve it sort of thing.

Skill Speed also slightly increases the speed at which Warriors build Deliverance stacks, so it increases the potency of Crit indirectly. I'm not certain how much this factors in though, both because it probably depends heavily on your base crit rate, aaaaand because the various people that research this rarely go into as much detail when it comes to Warrior stat weights.

Worth noting that this is part of how the weight is evaluated. It's not like procs or stacks aren't a part of the concern here when reaching these numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=3000

Square Enix...you really messed up.

Edit: Trolled a few mins later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=3429

More A4S bashing on why it's poorly designed fight, asks people to try doing it with Nisi...says Square Enix should maybe "fix" the fight by forcing people to do Nisi...

Enigma says if you haven't done Nisi, well...listen to what he says. I think he really doesn't want people to use the sac strat.

WolvenOne

Question was how would you make A4S more healer friendly

Answer: "remove it"

g9S5F04.gif

Daaaang. XD

iammeiam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=3000

Square Enix...you really messed up.

Edit: Trolled a few mins later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=3429

More A4S bashing on why it's poorly designed fight, asks people to try doing it with Nisi...says Square Enix should maybe "fix" the fight by forcing people to do Nisi...

Enigma says if you haven't done Nisi, well...listen to what he says. I think he really doesn't want people to use the sac strat.

Wut? He says they haven't tried to fix Nisi by forcing it and that everyone should try it to see what a headache it is, but he also says he didn't kill it with Nisi, but via sac.

They seem to consistently hold that it's The Mechanic of the back half of the fight and that SE not forcing it is a failing on SE's part, but also that it's basically a headache nightmare mechanic and the fight still sucks with Nisi.

(I thought maybe there was a healer advocating doing Nisi to completion but it seems to mostly be "no seriously you have to try this to understand how horrid it is".)

Wut? He says they haven't tried to fix Nisi by forcing it and that everyone should try it to see what a headache it is, but he also says he didn't kill it with Nisi, but via sac.

They seem to consistently hold that it's The Mechanic of the back half of the fight and that SE not forcing it is a failing on SE's part, but also that it's basically a headache nightmare mechanic and the fight still sucks with Nisi.

I think A4S just drives healers insane....that could explain the response?

In case they haven't said it enough:
https://youtu.be/PH7pSzCrFIs?t=4333

"Not A4"

-------

Okay, enough of the boring talk, they finally discuss the good stuff:

Honey Yellow Dye is serious business.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=4416

"Who is your favorite Gilgamesh Lalafell?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=4474

scy

I think A4S just drives healers insane....that could explain the response?

I think most all the early progression healers want people to first hand see why Nisi is absolutely terrible. The GCD crunch, the weird damage tick timings, the cost of failure (and how easy it is to accidentally happen), the severe damage of it (it's comparable to the sac damage except you actually heal it off), etc. It's one thing to know it's terrible and another to see why they shouldn't do something like it again since it's not "just" damage taken or passing woes and so-on.

With SCH it seems okay but AST and WHM? Nope.

They both go into depth about why it's an inferior class, it's not just "lol it sucks".
Edit: They also clarify it's also mostly in regard to World/Server First groups. They say it is totally possible to clear anything with AST and there are really talented ASTs. Both feel AST's concept is cool, just not executed very well.

Crit vs SS on WHM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7pSzCrFIs&feature=youtu.be&t=5392

rubius01

It largely depends? You work with the group to figure out what you can and cannot do in terms of when tanks are in tank stance and when healers go for more DPS. The thing is making sure it's working together to figuring it all out and not simply accommodating someone, though. Figure out what's a problem, why it's a problem, and solve it sort of thing.

Worth noting that this is part of how the weight is evaluated. It's not like procs or stacks aren't a part of the concern here when reaching these numbers.

Thats what im saying. There is no one generic way to go about things

BadRNG

Getting unable to complete version check on PS4. :( Hopefully it's fixed soon, I'd like to get some XIV in today.
PSN has been down much of the day. No one knows when it will be back, and the EU PSN site is saying it's down til the 7th (!). Apparently DDOS attacks or something.

ViciousDS

Banned
alright GAF....it seems its that time of year again for me to waste my life on the mmorpg world. What's the guild population on Ultros? I might just fresh restart as I hated Bard by the end of Heavensward lol. Also do we have a discord, mumble, teamspeak or vent server?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They both go into depth about why it's an inferior class, it's not just "lol it sucks".
Edit: They also clarify it's also mostly in regard to World/Server First groups. They say it is totally possible to clear anything with AST and there are really talented ASTs. Both feel AST's concept is cool, just not executed very well.

Crit vs SS on WHM:

Isn't AST heals still lower potency than everyone else?

aceface

alright GAF....it seems its that time of year again for me to waste my life on the mmorpg world. What's the guild population on Ultros? I might just fresh restart as I hated Bard by the end of Heavensward lol. Also do we have a discord, mumble, teamspeak or vent server?

Guild has around 40-50 people online in the evenings US time. There is a dedicated Gaf guild mumble server.

Redx508

yes we have a mumble

the population goes up and down but with 3.2 coming soon players will be coming back

most of the time we have 30-50 online on prime time

ViciousDS

Banned
yes we have a mumble

the population goes up and down but with 3.2 coming soon players will be coming back

most of the time we have 30-50 online on prime time

welp...time to resub and start a new class.....not sure what I want to play lol. How are summoners DPS wise?

Kenai

Crit vs SS on WHM:

I can't watch it now, but is it their main argument that you can't rely on a certain buff at a certain time and they want to minimize RNG? Just curious.

My personal problem with AST is that Noct Stance, besides not working well enough with WHM (or maybe SCH is just too good, not sure which although it's possible), doesn't work with AST skills as well as Diurnal either. Extending regen effects is pretty great, but extending shield effects doesn't matter at all. That's just one example.

Noct Stance feels like it needs another skill or two designed just for it (or designed to favor it) in the AST skillset. It simply doesn't have one right now and pretty much everything in the kit favors Diurnal rather than complementing both equally (makes me sad cause I love the Noct Shield buff icon).

ebil

I can't watch it now, but is it their main argument that you can't rely on a certain buff at a certain time and they want to minimize RNG? Just curious.

My personal problem with AST is that Noct Stance, besides not working well enough with WHM (or maybe SCH is just too good, not sure which although it's possible), doesn't work with AST skills as well as Diurnal either. Extending regen effects is pretty great, but extending shield effects doesn't matter at all. That's just one example.

Noct Stance feels like it needs another skill or two designed just for it (or designed to favor it) in the AST skillset. It simply doesn't have one right now and pretty much everything in the kit favors Diurnal rather than complementing both equally (makes me sad cause I love the Noct Shield buff icon).
Their main argument (well Miunih's) is that it gets behind very quickly in terms of healing. It's a job that is very globals-hungry (Diurnal AB, Collective) compared to WHM and SCH and you can't keep Dignity for emergencies because you have to use it for efficiency. [Which is an issue because it has no backup unlike WHM which has Bene and Tetra and SCH which can use Lustrate as a backup for Lustrate - this part is actually my take on it].

They actually don't touch on RNG or MP management but acknowledge they're a problem as well.

Edit because I'm catching up to the whole thing: earlier, they also basically said "why would you invite an AST that relies on RNG when you can have a consistent healer instead?"

Now, you only need around 600ish skill speed to make the dragoon rotation work like it should, but I did some spreadsheeting, and if you get 2083 skill speed you get a new rotation consisting of:

HT->CT Combo->Phleb->FT Combo->FT Combo->Repeat

It's just barely enough so that the last 4th combo hit gets buffed by HT each time, but you don't get a HT-buffed HT when it comes time to do it again. That's with a GCD of ~1.8461s. To have HT buffed by itself, you'd need a GCD time of about ~1.7143s, which would be so much more skill speed that it's probably not worth thinking about.

...Or is it? Nah, probably not, you'd be clipping phlebotomize then too by more than necessary and I kind of like the 2083 rotation!

Edit: Okay I went a bit further. Beyond having HT buffed by itself, if you get up to a really high SkSpd (2435), the next interesting rotation would be...

HT->CT Combo->Phleb->FT Combo->FT Combo->
HT->FT Combo->CT Combo->Phleb->FT Combo->
HT->FT Combo->FT Combo->CT Combo->Phleb->
HT->FT Combo->FT Combo->FT Combo->Repeat

The repeating portion is a little bit sloppy, but I think it'd still be as optimal as you could get. It's never going to happen, but it would be really cool to try it out. What's neat about this one is it just barely clips Disembowel and CT, at a cost of allowing Phlebotomize to drop off for about 2 GCDs.

Squishy3

Man, they really need to buff up ARR hunt marks if the only way you can get tokens via seals is with allied seals.

...or you know, make tokens available with centurio seals.

^it's possible if stats become insanely inflated as the item levels get bigger and bigger, thandiel was throwing around that kind of stuff after the current geirskogul usage was figured out. he has a video about it with insane skill speeds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVGVwqYr4ik&ab_channel=ThendielSwansong

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Their main argument (well Miunih's) is that it gets behind very quickly in terms of healing. It's a job that is very globals-hungry (Diurnal AB, Collective) compared to WHM and SCH and you can't keep Dignity for emergencies because you have to use it for efficiency. [Which is an issue because it has no backup unlike WHM which has Bene and Tetra and SCH which can use Lustrate as a backup for Lustrate - this part is actually my take on it].

They actually don't touch on RNG or MP management but acknowledge they're a problem as well.

Huh? But ED is AST's Tetra/Lustrate... arguably, WHM and SCH have more, but they're not really spare or backups in a serious situation.

ebil

Huh? But ED is AST's Tetra/Lustrate... arguably, WHM and SCH have more, but they're not really spare or backups in a serious situation.
Well they do mention that they tend to keep Bene/Tetra/Lustrate during progression in case shit happens and they're talking about AST in a progression context.

They could get rid of the tank DPS thing if tanking was focused more on tanking imo.

The playstyle isn't too different from playing a dps since the damage mitigation abilities are pretty passive outside of a couple abilities.

One thing they could do is tie tank damage to how good they are at using their damage mitigation tools. This would require changing/reworking the percentage damage reduction abilities into one that have more active effects. Like one for PLD could be "Block for the next 3 seconds, next weapon skill does increased damage depending on how much damage was blocked up to a percentage cap".

One for Warrior could be "for the next 10 seconds attacks made against you give you a stack of Fury (up to 5) for 6 seconds that increases your attack speed by 5% and reduces TP consumption by 10% for 10 seconds, each new stack also refreshes the duration.".

These new abilities would also be accompanied with new sfx because another one of my complaints about the tank abilities are how lackluster they are. For example you pop something like Rampart and it's completely unnoticeable outside of the activation animation. If it had some noticeable shield effect like Protect does it would feel more impactful however I would prefer them to do away with those kinds of abilities almost entirely for tank classes since I think there's a lot of potential to make something interesting given the framework available.

DPS stance could just offer some kind of damage boost since you're not being hit and thus cannot boost your DPS with your new defensive/offensive tank abilities.

These are just vague ideas I had floating around, but making tank abilities into something that also rewards you with damage or damage opportunities seems like an interesting road to go down since you don't have to sacrifice survive-ability to do so, but you would need to have good timing and proper understanding of them to get the most out of them, like you have to do already, but in a different way that would hopefully alleviate the issue of people feeling like Tanks act more like a DPS class instead of a Tank class.

Top Bottom