• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

RIP Yugiri's VA

This is actually pretty disturbing news.

It's exactly what yoshi wanted with savage raids

Whats kind of interesting is that the reasoning being given is poor management and personality issues; while they say it's not the game, it seems like there's something about this tier just kind of wearing on even the people who cleared it early.

something i wanted to inquire :

i know it is possible to pay the sub through steam ( which i bought it on ) but i cannot seem to find where on Mog station that option is .

Or is that not visible yet on my account page since i still have 27 days of free play to go ?

I just have a "Steam Payment" button (log in to MogStation, click "Your Account" or "Manage Service Options", it appears between adding a time card and retainer service.) Shows even though I have sub time left.

scy

Yeah, seeing that while poking around Reddit for the Lucrezia details D: Tragedy.

Whats kind of interesting is that the reasoning being given is poor management and personality issues; while they say it's not the game, it seems like there's something about this tier just kind of wearing on even the people who cleared it early.

blame Nisi.

Valor

Maybe it's also something like people have been dedicated their lives to this game for two years and eventually it starts to break people down. Throw in something like the Alex Savage road bump and you can definitely see the tension give way to cracks.

Also yeah, that article is pretty fucked up.

Thorgal

This is actually pretty disturbing news.

I just have a "Steam Payment" button (log in to MogStation, click "Your Account" or "Manage Service Options", it appears between adding a time card and retainer service.) Shows even though I have sub time left.
ah ,i saw that ,but thought it was because i payed for it on steam.

while on the subject on subs , is it possible to stack those ?

like pay for two months at once or is it one month only ?

rubius01

It surprises me that both world firsts quit. I wonder if they have any insider info on how 3.2 will play out. Like will it be pretty much the same as all the others but with the same stuff but now in Heavansward, or will thete be actually new stuff? Which makes me wonder: what was so popular and enduriong about 2.2 and beyond? I seem to remember that during this time in 2.1 patch's life the game was just about as dead, maybe more general positivity, but the FC's login population was about 50-60 i think. Was it that ARR was still new? Was it SCOB? Was it gardening? Was it desynthesis? I remember thinking at the time that 2.2 was pretty light in content during the live letter previews and wondering if the game would fail.

Sorian

Banned
It surprises me that both world firsts quit. I wonder if they have any insider info on how 3.2 will play out. Like will it be pretty much the same as all the others but with the same stuff but now in Heavansward, or will thete be actually new stuff? Which makes me wonder: what was so popular and enduriong about 2.2 and beyond? I seem to remember that during this time in 2.1 patch's life the game was just about as dead, maybe more general positivity, but the FC's login population was about 50-60 i think. Was it that ARR was still new? Was it SCOB? Was it gardening? Was it desynthesis? I remember thinking at the time that 2.2 was pretty light in content during the live letter previews and wondering if the game would fail.

Gardening saved FFXIV

Ken

Apparently:

Those who follow Darkwis' personal Twitter (https://twitter.com/Darkwis00) know that he is prone to anger, as demonstrated by his screenshots of himself being banned on LoL for flaming other players (in english).

He was also absent from their first A4S clear so that was weird.

iammeiam

Maybe it's also something like people have been dedicated their lives to this game for two years and eventually it starts to break people down. Throw in something like the Alex Savage road bump and you can definitely see the tension give way to cracks.

It's mostly the timing that I find most interesting--breaking up at the end of ARR would make sense. It's just interesting that people powered through the first tier and then were done. Apparently breaking up and reforming every tier is pretty common for JP groups, so Lucrezia was an oddity to start, just them ending now.

Thinking about it I did just go through content and realize in 2014 raiders got SCoB, SSCoB, and FCoB and in 2015 they got Gordias Savage and that's it. hm.

while on the subject on subs , is it possible to stack those ?

like pay for two months at once or is it one month only ?

The cheap single-character-per-server sub is month to month only; if you do the more expensive multi character sub you can pay in 1,3 or 6 month chunks, it will just bill you when your old sub runs out.

Thorgal

It's mostly the timing that I find most interesting--breaking up at the end of ARR would make sense. It's just interesting that people powered through the first tier and then were done. Apparently breaking up and reforming every tier is pretty common for JP groups, so Lucrezia was an oddity to start, just them ending now.

Thinking about it I did just go through content and realize in 2014 raiders got SCoB, SSCoB, and FCoB and in 2015 they got Gordias Savage and that's it. hm.

The cheap single-character-per-server sub is month to month only; if you do the more expensive multi character sub you can pay in 1,3 or 6 month chunks, it will just bill you when your old sub runs out.

thanks .

one last thing . if i wanted to make a bard , would it be best to first level ARCH to 30 and then PUGL to 15 ?

Shevat

Neo Member
one last thing . if i wanted to make a bard , would it be best to first level ARCH to 30 and then PUGL to 15 ?

That path will be fine. Keep in mind you will need to level Lancer to 34 to be optimal as well. I'd recommend doing that before moving into Heavensward content at the latest.

Thorgal

That path will be fine. Keep in mind you will need to level Lancer to 34 to be optimal as well. I'd recommend doing that before moving into Heavensward content at the latest.

thanks ,and no worries about that .

I am only a level 17 archer right now who hasn't set foot outside of Gridania yet .

By the time i get to heavensward the next expansion may already have been announced :p

Sorian

Banned
That's really not Yoshi's fault.

kokXSgH.gif

Thorgal

i Know i am likely getting ahead of myself here , but am i correct that Leatherworking is worthy to pursue for a bard ?

What about carpentry ?

Ken

i Know i am likely getting ahead of myself here , but am i correct that Leatherworking is worthy to pursue for a bard ?

What about carpentry ?

No.

Unless you're going to get into crafting as its own thing and not a way to supplement battle class leveling, I'd stay away from if for now.

iammeiam

Question: Was anyone bothered or cared that the 3.1 dungeons weren't tied to the MSQ?

Do they have to be? Should they be?

Not having some kind of group content tied to the quest line tends to make it feel more inconsequential. The trials/dungeons are basically when you get to do Warrior of Light activities above and beyond being the errand boy or girl. Chrysalis or Keeper just feels like a bigger deal than the single-player instances stuff like
rescuing Raubahn
did in 3.0.

I don't think every dungeon needs to be tied in to the story, but the story should have some group content in it. Even if it's just the latest Primal (which 3.1 couldn't do since Thordan was 3.0 story content), just something to add some interactivity to break up the cutscenes.

...not that I'm super invested either way; I probably won't be doing the 3.1 story until the day before 3.2 though.

Squishy3

Did a Pharos Sirius HM where the BLM blew up at the other DPS after he did the first 2 waves of gels in the second boss fight and then said "Hey ninja, you better do the next gels because I'm not doing anymore" probably because leylines or too lazy or something. I ended up having to do it as the tank because the ninja didn't know what to do, and then the healer and the BLM dogpiled on him after the boss fight for not knowing how that mechanic worked because nobody ever explained it to him or gave him a chance to ask before pulling the boss.

It's even more of an unnecessary blowup when you know it takes less than 10 seconds to pull the gel to the crack and kill it. And I was in shield oath!

Not having some kind of group content tied to the quest line tends to make it feel more inconsequential. The trials/dungeons are basically when you get to do Warrior of Light activities above and beyond being the errand boy or girl. Chrysalis or Keeper just feels like a bigger deal than the single-player instances stuff like
rescuing Raubahn
did in 3.0.

I don't think every dungeon needs to be tied in to the story, but the story should have some group content in it. Even if it's just the latest Primal (which 3.1 couldn't do since Thordan was 3.0 story content), just something to add some interactivity to break up the cutscenes.

...not that I'm super invested either way; I probably won't be doing the 3.1 story until the day before 3.2 though.
Eh, they just probably couldn't think of a way to reasonably tie Mocianne's Arboretum into the MSQ, and I'd never expect a hard mode dungeon to ever be required for the MSQ. The 3.2 dungeon is a MSQ dungeon, though. It's only felt more because it's 2 dungeons per patch cycle instead of 3 dungeons per patch cycle.

WolvenOne

I don't mind dungeons not being tied to the main story, so long as there's a good story behind them. For example, Tam Tara HM and Lost City were both unattached to the main story, but both those dungeons have a certain weight and urgency to them that a lot of other dungeons lack.

Conversely, Aboratium, or however that's spelled, has no real weight to it whatsoever despite it otherwise being a fairly fun dungeon. You're going in to go get some seeds, so some other people can make some gil off the crops. Seems like a relatively minor thing for the Warrior of Light to be risking his life over.

edgefusion

As of today Ravishan Goldhawk no longer plays on Ultros!

After months of being disappointed by Ultros party finder I decided to make the switch to Odin. It was a tough choice, I've known most of you for 2+ years at this point so I'm honestly really sad to go. However, after leaving the raiding scene due to burn-out I realised just how shite Ultros is for clearing any content when you live outside US prime-time. I've yet to get my Thordan clear for example, with most of my experience coming from piggy-backing Haman's group. I don't plan on going back to raiding so clearing Thordan-like content is going to end up being an issue for me without a static. And of course there's general population; Odin is absolutely booming with activity when I'm in from work, whereas Ultros is a ghost town until bed-time. So it's with a {heavy} heart I have to say goodbye.

Haman, Myra, Auli, Avelle and Silent: I love you guys! You're my oldest friends on Ultros and I thank you so much for all the fun times we've shared, both in and out of Worst. You guys made my first raiding experience in an MMO an absolute blast. My only regret about my time spent on Ultros was leaving Worst; the times you ran at were bad for me but you were worth it. You'll definitely still be seeing me around, I'm not quite ready to say Ok Going to you lot just yet!

The amount of Gaffers that have brought a smile to my face over the last couple of years are too many to name individually, but you know who you are. You are all amazing, beautiful, hilarious, stupid, lewd people and I'm really going to miss you. My PSN ID is the same as my GAF handle so feel free to add me if you want; I play more than just FFXIV.

All the best for the new year and beyond! And to everyone else on Ultros: GET GAF'D!

WolvenOne

After months of being disappointed by Ultros party finder I decided to make the switch to Odin. It was a tough choice, I've known most of you for 2+ years at this point so I'm honestly really sad to go. However, after leaving the raiding scene due to burn-out I realised just how shite Ultros is for clearing any content when you live outside US prime-time. I've yet to get my Thordan clear for example, with most of my experience coming from piggy-backing Haman's group. I don't plan on going back to raiding so clearing Thordan-like content is going to end up being an issue for me without a static. And of course there's general population; Odin is absolutely booming with activity when I'm in from work, whereas Ultros is a ghost town until bed-time. So it's with a {heavy} heart I have to say goodbye.

Haman, Myra, Auli, Avelle and Silent: I love you guys! You're my oldest friends on Ultros and I thank you so much for all the fun times we've shared, both in and out of Worst. You guys made my first raiding experience in an MMO an absolute blast. My only regret about my time spent on Ultros was leaving Worst; the times you ran at were bad for me but you were worth it. You'll definitely still be seeing me around, I'm not quite ready to say Ok Going to you lot just yet!

The amount of Gaffers that have brought a smile to my face over the last couple of years are too many to name individually, but you know who you are. You are all amazing, beautiful, hilarious, stupid, lewd people and I'm really going to miss you. My PSN ID is the same as my GAF handle so feel free to add me if you want; I play more than just FFXIV.

All the best for the new year and beyond! And to everyone else on Ultros: GET GAF'D!

╥﹏╥

I hope you find something that works better for your schedule, you'll be missed tho.

rip #1 FC monk

Top Bottom