• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
almost positive he didn't have a proper name in FFVI, even in JPN version. Unless it was in one of the re-releases or something.

Warring Triad's names come from Nomura's sketches. Sephirot, Sophia and I can never remember what the Demon was called.

Allard

almost positive he didn't have a proper name in FFVI, even in JPN version. Unless it was in one of the re-releases or something.

I was corrected above, all 3 had names, but only in the concept stage and they were removed due differences in how they wanted the warring triad to be perceived (real world religious connotations etc.). Sephirot (fiend), Zurvan (demon), and Sophia (Goddess)

xxczx

Looking forward to an easy diamond rank

5e141822e261f737fe80fff3784c8454.png

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ranking/frontline/monthly/

Raijinken

Awesome, they dyed the high allagan healing coat the same damn colour as the original. Simply amazing. That's exactly what I wanted to see.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Leveling roulette finally supporting party queues. That's neat.

BIGGEST CHANGE OF ALL OF 3.2 FOR THE NEW PAGE: BLMS GETTING 2 SECOND BUFF TO ASTRAL AND UMBRAL

BadRNG

Warring Triad's names come from Nomura's sketches. Sephirot, Sophia and I can never remember what the Demon was called.
Huh, that's pretty interesting, so just concept art? I guess he liked the name so much he ended up using it for next game instead.

Early raid unlockers?
I'm curious how powerful this stuff will be. The world first guys already wore a bunch of crafted stuff ASAP, but if you weren't that kind of group you could still get down the first two floors or so most of the time in starting patch gear. Actually needing to spend a crap load of gil just to start raiding right away would be a bummer.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Huh, that's pretty interesting, so just concept art? I guess he liked the name so much he ended up using it for next game instead.

I'm curious how powerful this stuff will be. The world first guys already wore a bunch of crafted stuff ASAP, but if you weren't that kind of group you could still get down the first two floors or so most of the time in starting patch gear. Actually needing to spend a crap load of gil just to start raiding right away would be a bummer.

It's technically different names. Sephirot as in the tree of Sephirot and Sephiroth which is... I guess inspired by the word but isn't.

Teknoman

Its still kinda moderately annoying that people are still asking for parsers.

Especially after watching a WoW rage montage with an argument about who did more dps so they deserve more etc etc.

Jayhawk

You'd think Warriors would get Ifrit gear.

Ifrit-egi isn't a tank pet. He's a melee DPS pet. Ifrit also uses his fists. Ifrit only survives as long as he does in his fight because of nails he puts out, he's squishy. Ifrit set makes sense for Monk!

This stream sound tho

They had to let go of the employees in charge of stream sound mixing to hire developers for the QoL changes.

Teknoman

Ifrit-egi isn't a tank pet. He's a melee DPS pet. Ifrit also uses his fists. Ifrit only survives as long as he does in his fight because of nails he puts out, he's squishy. Ifrit set makes sense for Monk!

lol I just always associate Red = Warrior. I just dont want to be walking around looking like a fat boulder in a subligar...

BadRNG

It's technically different names. Sephirot as in the tree of Sephirot and Sephiroth which is... I guess inspired by the word but isn't.
I found this pretty cool so looked up to see the concept stuff (the name you were trying to remember is apparently Zurvan), and the name was actually Sefilos (セフィロス), which is also everyone favorite's one winged angel's japanese spelling as well. So definitely same deal, at least to Nomura.

Its still kinda moderately annoying that people are still asking for parsers.

Especially after watching a WoW rage montage with an argument about who did more dps so they deserve more etc etc.
Seen this argument a thousand times, and to me, the bottom line is the benefits of a parser far outweigh the negatives. The benefits for self improvement alone are enough, but the things that go with that like being able to parse through a fight to get details about x or y are huge.

Yeah people can be dicks with them, but people can be dicks with anything. Why not remove ilevel? Remove gear inspection? Be able to hide first time bonus display? Hell if you wanna go far enough can just remove chat in general. If someone is really being an ass about parsers just don't group with them, just like you wouldn't group with an asshole in general. Worst case you put them on ignore and go about your day.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There's 7 roles but only 6 OG primals.
Tanks will obviously get Titan, Dragoons will probably get Garuda
Thinking about it, Casters will probably be Ramuh

Which leaves Aiming and Healing with Shiva, Shiva used a bow so that's probably going to Aiming, then what's Healing? Moogle?

Phoenix would've been kickass but I'm not holding out for that.

Eldren

12 seconds on Astral Fire and Umbral Ice might actually make me try BLM again. Also if casters get Ramuh gear I would be completely ok with that.

Teknoman

Seen this argument a thousand times, and to me, the bottom line is the benefits of a parser far outweigh the negatives. The benefits for self improvement alone are enough, but the things that go with that like being able to parse through a fight to get details about x or y are huge.

Yeah people can be dicks with them, but people can be dicks with anything. Why not remove ilevel? Remove gear inspection? Be able to hide first time bonus display? Hell if you wanna go far enough can just remove chat in general. If someone is really being an ass about parsers just don't group with them, just like you wouldn't group with an asshole in general. Worst case you put them on ignore and go about your day.

Maybe...I guess its a different crowd that plays XIV than WoW at any rate. They'll probably tie it to something crazy if/when it is implemented anyway.

BadRNG

Maybe...I guess its a different crowd that plays XIV than WoW at any rate. They'll probably tie it to something crazy if/when it is implemented anyway.
Well, you don't really need to worry on that end, Yoshida has been pretty clear that he doesn't want to ever implement one. I think that's a mistake but what you going to do. Maybe the training thing will at least help some in regards to player feedback. The sheer amount of bad players is partially due to the lack of a way to actually know how you are doing.

So, the armor rocks, gotcha.

Don't worry, even if it's ugly I won't take it for granite. It's only a Miner inconvenience.
At first I was disgusted but the second line was pretty good.

Top Bottom