• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Wilsongt

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to caster tome gear possibly being Ramuh-based. Lightning around my SMN for days...

Makes you want if Titan will be tank and it'll just be covered in giant blocks of rockshit.

Sifl

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to caster tome gear possibly being Ramuh-based. Lightning around my SMN for days...

Makes you want if Titan will be tank and it'll just be covered in giant blocks of rockshit.
Oh those primal gear sets are the new tome gear? Thought they were new crafted gear for some reason.

Caj814

Egi-glamours coming in patch

Please look forward to it.

ftfy

I'm hoping the tanks all get a primal rep each

PLD: King Thordan
DRK: Odin
Zantetsuken
WAR: Ravana

WHM can get Titan for all that Stone Skinning they like to do :)

Ken

I'm assuming the tome gear this time won't be broken down by job. So, one set for tanks, one for heals, etc.

They usually aren't for all the tome gear after the first.

So what's the verdict? Game saved again?

No lol.

Savage coming out with Normal means Normal will have an even shorter lifespan than Gordias normal until next relic step with 800 Midas.

People will start calling Midas Savage garbage at the first wall of difficulty and that'll stick on until 3.4.

Everyone will do the new dungeons but only cause it's new tier of gear, and depending on the primal drops that Trial won't have the the same luxury Ravana did of not being up against a raid releasing at the same time.

Level your tank with my WHM.

Boosting Shield enmity and swapping oaths not breaking combos would be a good start. Also, SwO isn't really that cool when you look at WAR gaining Fell Cleave and DRK accessing Blood Weapon. Hoping for more though since I feel like Paladin is still missing that thing that brings the class and all of its combos together.

I agree that Sword Oath is pretty unnoticeable. It feels really lackluster, in that you can't feel its effects like you would with the other Tank's damage stances (since they give you access to stuff like Fell Cleave for example).

If they can work it into something more interesting that will up my enthusiasm when it comes to playing PLD. But I'm really just expecting something like a number adjustment. Expecting the oaths themselves to be reworked into something cool is too much to hope for.

So what's the verdict? Game saved again?

endgame? nope. same shit.

Yoshi didn't learn sadly

JP20160130_03.jpg

good thing i PVP so i am occupied but i honestly thought there would be new diadem content for those that didn't raid.

Grisby

That feeling when you accidentally greed a piece of void gear that's not your class.

Dammit. Now, I gotta wait till the reset.

Squishy3

Level your tank with my WHM.

Boosting Shield enmity and swapping oaths not breaking combos would be a good start. Also, SwO isn't really that cool when you look at WAR gaining Fell Cleave and DRK accessing Blood Weapon. Hoping for more though since I feel like Paladin is still missing that thing that brings the class and all of its combos together.
I don't think swapping stances don't need to to be changed to not break combos, you just drop your current oath, finish your combo and then activate the other.

BadRNG

I don't think swapping stances don't need to to be changed to not break combos, you just drop your current oath, finish your combo and then activate the other.
It's just clunky. Oaths (and Grit for that matter) shouldn't be on GCD or break combo, they are the only stance skills that do this and it's pointless clunk. They already hurt you by removing a resource, why penalize even further.

iammeiam

Live letter was really just "all that stuff you knew was coming? It's coming! And we won't tell you anything! Also Midas looks pretty much like Gordias so we really are sticking with that aesthetic don't you miss Allagan shit now? PATCH NOTES 2/23 GET HYPE!"

But I'm getting buffs apparently so patch of the forever.

He forgot the part where you berate your group for not sheathing their weapons, holding all damage, and letting the last 2 seconds of Wildfire tick down. Otherwise pretty fair.

BadRNG

Which one is on the left?
I'm pretty sure it's Ranged, Tank, healer, dyed healer, dyed tank.

I'll wear the tank coat only if I can use the flaps as wings and fly around without a mount. Even in combat (especially in combat)

But I'm getting buffs apparently so patch of the forever.
By the way, if 3.2 is still ded game and the pun meister leaves to greener gatchas, then we will need you to go blm. According to that video you just endorsed it's basically same thing so you'll be fine.

Late to these notes but they're getting rid of law? There's going to be a lot of adjustments to items and tombstone rewards with this patch then. I'm happy to see them reduced tbh.

Ken

Them just moving Gerolt's anvil to Azys Lla without even doing anything else to make it blend in is the best.

Silvawuff

I think that Midas gear is ugly. I am disappoint.

Won't matter because everyone will be rocking crafted high allagan anyway. I'm just fine with this.

WolvenOne

Looking through the most recent FFXV trailer, I kinda hope that when they get around to the Garlean Empire expansion they can use some of the mech models from XV. I mean nothing is better then an original model of course, but having lots of different mobs and bosses and such is a good thing.

Just a random and ultimately unimportant thought.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
do other gaffers play in other worlds, can't join ultros at the moment was wondering if there are other gaf guilds. paying 18 bucks just to transfer is harsh, and it sucks that I have to wait till 1am. Just wondering.

I've played this before but I only reached level 20 so might as well start over since it's been so long.

Thorgal

do other gaffers play in other worlds, can't join ultros at the moment was wondering if there are other gaf guilds. paying 18 bucks just to transfer is harsh, and it sucks that I have to wait till 1am. Just wondering.

I've played this before but I only reached level 20 so might as well start over since it's been so long.

the main gaf guild is on Ultross .

EU players have more distributed themselves over to the new EU servers for a better connection .

I am on Crtberus for example .

But to answer your question, no there is no EU gaf guild .

Astral

Where the hell does one level up from around 20 to 30. I keep reading different things but they're all extremely slow and I see barely anyone going around doing FATES. I've been level 25-26 forever now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
weird the lodestone site says it's ok to registrate on ultros but the game doesn't let me.

dramatis

Where the hell does one level up from around 20 to 30. I keep reading different things but they're all extremely slow and I see barely anyone going around doing FATES. I've been level 25-26 forever now.
Are you doing your story quests? They lead to two dungeons that you can do for significant exp.

One dungeon, the lvl 22-23 Halatali, is a sidequest dungeon. You can pick it up from a guy that's outside the Vesper Bay (story place) in the Western Thanalan zone. (The quest is called Hallo Halatali)

Top Bottom