• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

BadRNG

Where the hell does one level up from around 20 to 30. I keep reading different things but they're all extremely slow and I see barely anyone going around doing FATES. I've been level 25-26 forever now.
This on an alt class? Fates or dungeons should speed you through quick, levequests are also very good. Fate zergs not really a big thing anymore on some servers but fates scale based on activity so several are quick to solo regardless.

If it's not an alt class then things are going to be slow compared to what you see in guides because you aren't getting the massive 100% EXP armory bonus from having a higher level class already. Just follow MSQ line in that case, it takes you to all the relevant zones in a straight forward path with relevant side quests accompanying it.

Astral

Yeah I'm on an alt. Lately I haven't had the time to play a dungeon so I've been doing leves and FATES. I'll try Halatili when I get back from work. I have it unlocked.

EDIT: Ok Up the Creek is actually a pretty good levequest. It's quick and easy and gives decent exp. Are the hest duty roulettes really worth doing? The one I have is a level 10 one and it doesn't even give 1k.

BadRNG

Depends on how much time you have, but just getting in the LLDR and the Guildhest roulette once a day is usually good for 1-2 levels at that low level.

Fou-Lu

Someone over in the FFXV threads kept mentioning how Heavensward is having major issues. Anyone who keeps up with the game want to let me know what they meant?

Squishy3

Someone over in the FFXV threads kept mentioning how Heavensward is having major issues. Anyone who keeps up with the game want to let me know what they meant?
Probably talking about the current endgame. Which doesn't affect a majority of the playerbase.

Did a search and he was in here talking about the 3rd step for the relic too.

MogCakes

Has it been mentioned what the change in Tank damage is? If it's all VIT I'll need to start grinding for more gordian VIT accs.

Kintaro's gonna Kintaro.

ebil

What's this about going all VIT on tanks? My only character is a level 30 Paladin.
It doesn't really matter at your level.

Right now, tanks heavily spec into STR because STR affects their damage, enmity generation and a lot of their healing abilities scale from it. It has come to the point accessories with VIT (which are the only accessories tanks can Need on) are considered bad drops and consistently hit the floor during raids. This is going to change with the next major update where VIT will factor in damage calculations for tanks. Supposedly full VIT will be the way to go, whereas it's not as clear cut right now and full VIT is generally considered bad.

Redx508

this made my day karin laugh.gif
gQk5UId.png

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The twintania AFKers are very annoying

Is that the people around the summoning bell next to the GAF house? I'm in aww whenever I see them. All those relics, HW armor, and cool mounts. Gives me something to shoot for.

iammeiam

This is not the gun I was hoping for!
I'm like the last person in our FC to win this thing.

Mount will be relevant wayyy longer than any gun tho.

Also Gordian gun does not wobble and is therefor inferior.

Is that the people around the summoning bell next to the GAF house? I'm in aww whenever I see them. All those relics, HW armor, and cool mounts. Gives me something to shoot for.

No, those people are jaded GAFfers and an example of what not to be when you grow up.

Omni

Slowly progressing with my Dragoon levelling. DPS queues are killing me. Will probably switch over to it as my main DPS when I get to level 60 as I'm enjoying it. Unless, of course, those Warden's Paean changes are freaking amazing
:lol

Is there a recommended damage rotation?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I managed to get in, but have to go bed :sad

I don't know if I have to be a specific level or what to join the free company, it's been awhile since I played this and so much has changed.

Anyway I don't know if you guys need my character name or psn id for the free company invite so I'm going to give both just in case.

Character name: E'rror Doskafour
psn id: error2k7

Redx508

I managed to get in, but have to go bed :sad

I don't know if I have to be a specific level or what to join the free company, it's been awhile since I played this and so much has changed.

Anyway I don't know if you guys need my character name or psn id for the free company invite so I'm going to give both just in case.

Character name: E'rror Doskafour
psn id: error2k7

if your playing on Ultros look at the ►►► How To Join GAF FC in the OP that has all the steps you need

welcome to the fc

Wagram

Looks like i'll have to wait until 4.0 to see if they're going to change this content cycle. Just like the last patch, this is unimpressive.

MogCakes

DRG is pretty straightforward, you'll get it pretty fast as you go along. It's so straightforward that the one randomized element in our rotation doesn't even matter. Once you have it down, you can run the job like a well-oiled machine.

Sifl

Unless you have a shit connection like me and can't even do your dragon pasta's on a dummy correctly with 23 seconds left on BoD

Thorgal

Oh dear. The sodium levels of people running str build tanks and are now complaining that their tank is useless now is reaching dangerous levels on the forum.

I gotta say the Dragoon rotation is barely different in Heavensward just gotta add the new attacks into the existing rotation from what I can tell. Granted I don't actually raid so maybe I'm just a shitty Dragoon.

I do think that Wheeling Thrust / Fang and Claw is stupid though. I don't really understand the need for 2 skills that are virtually the same with different position

I gotta say the Dragoon rotation is barely different in Heavensward just gotta add the new attacks into the existing rotation from what I can tell. Granted I don't actually raid so maybe I'm just a shitty Dragoon.

I do think that Wheeling Thrust / Fang and Claw is stupid though. I don't really understand the need for 2 skills that are virtually the same with different position

Well you have your own form of Greased Lightning to keep up, while using those skills while also knowing when you can pop Geikerskol in, or when you know BoD is up so you can throw in a few more Geikerskol in there. Oh and there is also Battle Litany

iammeiam

So via Reddit, it looks like the BLM QoL stuff may be further-reaching than just the 12 second UI/AF timer.

AF Stacks appear to refresh at the end of the cast, as opposed to when the spell hits the target. This plus the 12 second stack timers seem like some huge changes for to loosen up BLM stuff while under Enochian.

The BLM fixes they're not even hyping up are giving me more hope than anything else in the LL; if these are the 'minor' fixes not worth mentioning, hopefully the AST/PLD/MCH changes they did bring up are even bigger.

Sorian

Banned
So via Reddit, it looks like the BLM QoL stuff may be further-reaching than just the 12 second UI/AF timer.

AF Stacks appear to refresh at the end of the cast, as opposed to when the spell hits the target. This plus the 12 second stack timers seem like some huge changes for to loosen up BLM stuff while under Enochian.

The BLM fixes they're not even hyping up are giving me more hope than anything else in the LL; if these are the 'minor' fixes not worth mentioning, hopefully the AST/PLD/MCH changes they did bring up are even bigger.

This isn't just quality of life, this would be a DPS buff because with that extra time, it would become possible to use procs again which right now is not an option depending on which enochain rotation you are in.

Top Bottom