• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fuck, I thought they were going to give me a chocobo with the "My little chocobo" quest, but turns out I have to grind Company Seals now :(

Thorgal

fuck, I thought they were going to give me a chocobo with the "My little chocobo" quest, but turns out I have to grind Company Seals now :(

do a few dungeons and levequests anf fates , youll soon have more gc seals then to know what to with

Eldren

Cerberus. I dunno. Gonna miss my old FC for sure even though Excalibur was getting deader than a killed zombie.

I felt the same when I moved. I miss seeing all the GAF people chatting away but Cerberus is a great server. Always lots of people online, average of about 20 PFs at any one time, it's fun. Did you change your name when you transferred? I'll wave if I see you.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I felt the same when I moved. I miss seeing all the GAF people chatting away but Cerberus is a great server. Always lots of people online, average of about 20 PFs at any one time, it's fun. Did you change your name when you transferred? I'll wave if I see you.

Nope, still Agnes.

Taken a few drastic steps today...and more importantly, succumbed to the

{Darkside}

Photo from the ritual:

mZMcf.png

Error

This game feels expertly paced, in terms of how you get access to new stuff constantly. I like how not everything is gated behind the level cap.

Jijidasu

Bought a small plot on Durandal, lucky buy. Not enough to build the house yet though - how long do I have to build it? I think I read 45 days? Anyone certain?

There's a DoF effect when you use the group pose emote (/gpose) that was implemented in 3.1.

Ah! Thanks for the heads up. That's pretty cool, actually. Can you use it without emoting at all ala switch on/switch off?

Would be nice if they adopted a "instagram" mode like Black Desert has wherein the user tabs between filter mode and otherwise with ctrl+something.

ebil

Ah! Thanks for the heads up. That's pretty cool, actually. Can you use it without emoting at all ala switch on/switch off?

Would be nice if they adopted a "instagram" mode like Black Desert has wherein the user tabs between filter mode and otherwise with ctrl+something.
Yeah, just type /gpose and it'll toggle the DoF mode. Your character will automatically look at the camera. If you've performed an emote it'll just play it over and over. It also synchronizes everyone in your party (so if you're dancing you'll all be in sync when you type /gpose and appear synchronized when you exit it). You can't do anything besides adjusting your camera and can return to the game by hitting escape.

It's actually a pretty cool feature. I think it's also getting an update in 3.2?

scosher

I haven't played in quite some time (Sumie), and would cancel my subscription if it wasn't for all the time and gil spent on my house and plot of land.

My FFXIV subscription literally my in-game mortgage.

Error

do a few dungeons and levequests anf fates , youll soon have more gc seals then to know what to with

Yeah I just got the chocobo mount, omg so cool.

The grind wasn't bad, I managed to get 2k Company Seals fairly quick between Leves and Hunting Log entries

Squishy3

The 3.1 trailer created some super hype on my end but I was unsatisfied while actually completing the content. I feel 3.2 will be no different... in terms of hype and disappointment.
There's already more to 3.2 than there was in 3.1 and it's supposed to bring an end to the Heavensward storyline.

Not to mention 3.2 has Hildibrand.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
a few questions as someone who sorta started playing.

first, does crafting and gather has any point in the late game at all? I'm currently playing on and off with a friend of mine and he's complaining about gathering being very restrictive to only some locations and nothing he got or make from crafting seems to be of use. that and the fact that he's used to make HQ stuff in XI and be useful for his lower lvl jobs but it doesn't seem like that's the case here.

second of all, how much does it cost in general to get a house in game? I'm talking about having a medium size one with some cute furniture, nothing too fancy.

and last, I've been playing for a little (got CON to 18) and so far it really feels like I can just solo the whole way for all the jobs I want. even though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, is that the case?

maybe it's the old XI player in me, but as of now, XIV just not clicking that much with me. (but it sure is pretty though)

Ken

a few questions as someone who sorta started playing.

first, does crafting and gather has any point in the late game at all? I'm currently playing on and off with a friend of mine and he's complaining about gathering being very restrictive to onlt some locations and nothing he got or make from crafting seems to be of use. that and the fact that he's used to make HQ stuff in XI and be useful for his lower lvl jobs but it doesn't seem like that's the case here.

second of all, how much does it cost in general to get a house in game? I'm talking about having a medium size one with some cute furniture, nothing too fancy.

and last, I've been playing for a little (got CON to 18) and so far it really feels like I can just solo the whole way for all the jobs I want. even though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, is that the case?

maybe it's the old XI player in me, but as of now, XIV just not clicking that much with me. (but it sure is pretty though)

A small house plus plot plus some furnishing probably like 3-5 million?

You'll eventually need to party up with people for dungeons which is good XP. I think at 18 you can do like 3 dungeons?

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
A small house plus plot plus some furnishing probably like 3-5 million?

You'll eventually need to party up with people for dungeons which is good XP. I think at 18 you can do like 3 dungeons?

hmmm, well I guess I should start saving then... how about the crafting and gathering stuff? is there any point for that at all?

Jijidasu

Depends on the server entirely. I got lucky and picked up a S sized plot on Durandal (legacy/rich world) for 4 million, and in Limsa no less.. still shocked I managed to grab it.

Edit: Crafting wise, yeah. If you're on a lazy server you can make a lot of money crafting popular consumables. Glamour prisms in particular are always a safe bet to make money from.

Now that Ishgard will be done and over in a few more patches, where do you think the warrior of light will go next? Garlemald? Ala mhigo? I really enjoyed what we got so far out of the HW storyline. I hope they can continue that path but make it less predictable. I am looking at you, King Thordan....

Apologies if this may have been already asked but I'm not looking through the pages...xP

Squishy3

Now that Ishgard will be done and over in a few more patches, where do you think the warrior of light will go next? Garlemald? Ala mhigo? I really enjoyed what we got so far out of the HW storyline. I hope they can continue that path but make it less predictable. I am looking at you, King Thordan....

Apologies if this may have been already asked but I'm not looking through the pages...xP
Ala Mhigo seems like what we're going to be dealing with towards the tail end of the patch cycle.

Triad too but that's weird in how it's not tied to the 3.2 MSQ but is building up to something considering Elidibus is involved.

Error

if I sold something on the market board, does the money get automatically added to my current gil amount or do I have to claim it somewhere?

ebil

if I sold something on the market board, does the money get automatically added to my current gil amount or do I have to claim it somewhere?
Your retainer will have your money. Use the "entrust or withdraw gil" menu option.

I wonder how many patches it will take before Heavensward is over. I'm anticipating 3.4 will be the last then like almost a year wait before new expansion. Eagerly awaiting fanfest this year, might even attend since I'm like a little over an hour away from Vegas. I want to see if they'll announce a new job class or release some details.

Doma seems to be a likely candidate. The game does have a build up for some kind of Ala Mhigo rebellion, as plenty of NPCs constantly refer to how proud of a nation it was before the Empire took it over. Maybe we'll be back to waging a campaign against them with the Ala Mhigans, see some old familiar NPCs as well. Either that or Yoshi P might pull an FFXI and treat it like they did with Tavnazia before the war where you only hear about it but never get to go there.

iammeiam

I wonder how many patches it will take before Heavensward is over. I'm anticipating 3.4 will be the last then like almost a year wait before new expansion. Eagerly awaiting fanfest this year, might even attend since I'm like a little over an hour away from Vegas. I want to see if they'll announce a new job class or release some details.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a 3.5 and that'll be the last patch. Alexander's three entrances are already obvious due to convenient rock formations, which would make 3.4 the last raid patch and 3.5 the catchup patch.

I'm more curious to see if they're fully back on track with the incremental patches starting with 3.2 or if there'll be more long gaps as they try to balance drip-feed content for HW with expansion work.

Astral

Should I be running low on MP as a White Mage? Sometimes during a long boss fight I find myself really low on MP to the point where I'm freaking out because my ether doesn't finish its cooldown quicker. It first happened to me during Haukke Manor when the boss was about to die. Am I doing something wrong? Also, should I replace Cure with Cure II or have them both just on case?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Should I be running low on MP as a White Mage? Sometimes during a long boss fight I find myself really low on MP to the point where I'm freaking out because my ether doesn't finish its cooldown quicker. It first happened to me during Haukke Manor when the boss was about to die. Am I doing something wrong? Also, should I replace Cure with Cure II or have them both just on case?

You want them both on- Cure II, as I have a feeling you might have found out, eats through your MP.

dramatis

WHM is about managing MP and timing with heals. If a status effect has 3 seconds left, do you really need to spend that mp on Esuna to get rid of it? Does the tank really need a Cure 2, or can he survive the next five seconds with just a Cure 1?

As you level higher, you will get abilities that help mitigate some of the issues. But mp management is standard playstyle for WHM.

Just resubbed last week. Bought the expansion only to realize it's gonna take a while to unlock the content. Oh well. I don't mind I'll get there eventually.

Just so different than I remember. Before I cancelled I was playing on PC. Now I'm on the PS4 controller. Such a different feel. Just takes alot getting used to.

Now to level up. I have a Lv 40 Bard that I'm gonna try as my main. Don't feel comfortable tanking anymore (have a lv 50 paladin).

If anyone's on Exodus holla at me (Name is "Tegras")

Question: How does the PS4 controller hold up for healing endgame dungeons? I really enjoy healing and would like to keep working on my WHM which is lv 50. I just feel like I might be screwed w/ a controller. Anyone comfortable w/ it?

iammeiam

Controller is fine for pretty much everything in the game (except maybe Lord of Verminion but it's not like anybody cares about that.) All jobs adapt to it pretty well--SMN/SCH pet stuff makes them a little more crowded, but tons of people make it work. WHM is no problem.

Up/down on the DPad to target party members and getting used to using the soft-targeting for single casts so you can snap back to your main target make it easy. The only thing that gets kind of annoying is trying to raise somebody outside of your party in a 24-man raid since targeting them is a little extra work; L1+Left or Right on the DPad works but it can be a lot of cycling to get to the right target.

I'm probably on one of the lowest servers population wise. Our party finder can be quite active sometimes though. I have many European friends on a NA server, which is weird, tbh. I think Lamia only has like 24 A4s clears. We are pretty terrible and probably more casual than anything :p

Edit: I'm hoping SE will make cross server play a reality sometime.

WolvenOne

Any day now, SE's gonna release that trailer any day now. I'm gonna need a break from PVP soon, and I could use a reason to be hype. XD

We usually get trailers about two weeks before a patch right?

WolvenOne

This really needs to happen.

It's supposedly going to happen, but last time they talked about it, it sounded like the initial incarnation may not be as robust as some people would like. Dunno, they wouldn't go into details, but they did make it sound like it wouldn't be as convenient as simply having eight people all on a single server.

Top Bottom