• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

AST weapons all look terrible. There is not a single one I've seen that I thought looked cool probably due to the fact they are a complex looking weapon in the first place.

Errr what? Most look amazing if anything. I currently am using diamond astrometer as my glam but there are some amazing ones that come to mind. The relic awoken one is pretty also.

Raijinken

I do not. I may or may not have a something going in terms of a group. Have to wait and see what happens there. Just curious to see how many other GAF members are shopping around for one.

Dat edit.

It sounded as though you wanted just a GAF group so I edited my post. My bad.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It sounded as though you wanted just a GAF group so I edited my post. My bad.

No worries. Ideally I would like a GAF group but I'd be surprised if it actually happened. Just think it's easier to stay in touch if you're all in the FC, but that's what linkshells are for really.
Not that linkshells or Discord did much for communication with half of my last group.

More than that though I'd like to build/find some sort of "mid-core" group that goes maybe 3 days a week for 3 hours a night. I think I'm a decent player at best right now, need plenty more practice with SMN (or BLM if I switch to that). So I'm looking for people around that skill level too I guess.

iammeiam

No worries. Ideally I would like a GAF group but I'd be surprised if it actually happened. Just think it's easier to stay in touch if you're all in the FC, but that's what linkshells are for really.
Not that linkshells or Discord did much for communication with half of my last group.

I was going to say being in the FC isn't a huge deal until I realized we do basically everything (including letting Makoto know when he gets to eat) via a Guildwork thread you can't see unless you're in the FC. But in general! Skype or something external to the game really does work out for most of the coordination with the added bonus of letting you keep in touch even if half the group raid logs or has incompatible normal gameplay times.

I'd definitely suggest at least trying to feel out a casual group on Ultros before worldhopping to raid, since it seems like that doesn't work out great for a bunch of people, plus you're out the transfer fee,plus you miss out on exciting things like Xtech emote spam.

I have considered it but I'm conflicted. Not terribly fond of the idea of leaving the server where my friends are. Plus, I'm not even sure where I would go.

This is why we have Skype, social media, email...etc. I still keep in touch with old FC members on TS on the weekend.

And lo and behold, I am having horrible luck with Midas loot this week. As one shotting all loot was a miracle last week, lol. I ran Fist of the son about 5 times now and still can't get my damn chain. I rolled a 90 and this other dead guy rolled a 96. So unfair ;_;

Jayhawk

AST weapons all look terrible. There is not a single one I've seen that I thought looked cool probably due to the fact they are a complex looking weapon in the first place.

Crafted moogle AST weapon disagrees with you.

People passing on the materials to make Answers for the Orchestrions must not have seen how much people paid for the final product originally.

Jayhawk

Man, and here I was wanting to do this stuff for fun.

There is a tall, elf/smurf-hybrid Paladin who keeps trying to strike unless coil farms happen. You should go communicate with that guy. His strikes are less effective than my retirements and follow-up unretirements from things in this game.

...f....un..?

What is this foreign word?

fun

1. noun, something that is boring and takes no effort
"Plowing through level 50 content at level 60 is fun."

2. adj., describing something boring and effortless
"You thought Turn 5 was a fun encounter when synced to Min IL? A fun encounters is Ifrit story mode undersized"

3. (archaic), something enjoyable
"We beat Twintania after 4 lockouts at Min IL. Korra lost the roll on the music. {I had fun today!}"

Funny to see Sephirot EX farming parties on PF already on my server. The content is only like a week old and maybe not even 10% of the population here has cleared yet. NO MESSUP or BOOT!

Sifl

Funny to see Sephirot EX farming parties on PF already on my server. The content is only like a week old and maybe not even 10% of the population here has cleared yet. NO MESSUP or BOOT!
That feeling when you join a pf that says "anyone continually messing up will result in a boot" and the leader keeps dying so you ask "When are you gonna boot yourself?" and you get kicked.

Squishy3

That feeling when you join a pf that says "anyone continually messing up will result in a boot" and the leader keeps dying so you ask "When are you gonna boot yourself?" and you get kicked.
I'd imagine that would promptly result in the party disbanding assuming everyone else isn't friends with the leader.

BadRNG

Forgot to link world almostbutnotquitewewilltryhardertobe worst clear of A5S if anyone wants to point and laugh.
please ignore terrible DRK play
Or maybe this was angary's job to post, I don't know anymore.

...f....un..?

What is this foreign word?
I believe it's that thing that happens when you log out and play other games during dead game points in patch cycle. Might be a medical condition as well, not sure. Definitely call a doctor if you experience fun lasting more than four hours.

Isn't that the entire point though, only 10% has cleared, therefore they only want that 10%. Its a farm not a learning/clear group. I get being against guys who demand everyone know everything day 1 in DF or something, but it's a PF farm group, that's what they there for. Find groups who know what they are doing.
so that they can carry you

Sifl

I'd imagine that would promptly result in the party disbanding assuming everyone else isn't friends with the leader.
I imagine it normally would, I play on an extremely small server where even having a listing in the pf is the equivalency of winning the lottery. So if you get into any sort of "clear" or "learning" party its best not to leave, cause you never know when another will pop up. I spent like 3 hours 2 days ago wiping on the first part of seph ex hoping we would make it to the 2nd part to get more practice for it because my group doesn't run till Sunday

Ken

I joined one last night after raid and it went well. Got 4 clears before I dropped out to play BnS.

iammeiam

What are people putting in the Sephirot gun? Skill Speed? Accuracy?

Det. Skillspeed doesn't impact turret damage at all, DET does and is generally regarded as a stronger stat for MCH. Even Aiurily, who liked Skillspeed builds in 3.0, and Rinchan whose a longstanding proponent of Bard Skillspeed, have Det Vs on theirs. Without actual reliable ACC caps out there (the JP chart is just somebody's Reddit guess recycled) it's hard to tell how much ACC is needed but most gearing paths won't require accuracy from the weapon. Weapon is also going to stay static for a month or so waiting for a spot in tomestone rotation, So even if a current gearset makes use of melded accuracy you run the risk of having to remeld if another piece impacts overall accuracy. Det is just safer.

ebil

I think Sephirot is going to be very PUG friendly once everyone is familiar with his rotation. I went with a lot of randoms today using a macro for positioning and it went well. It's more fun to farm than it was to learn. There were like 20 PFs for it yesterday on my server, it seems to be more popular than Thordan was.

Squishy3

So if you get a good 1 tank/1 healer/6 dps Ravana group that can skip adds and rose of hate 4 Ravana runs equals one antitower or amdapor. (assuming ~20 minute average to complete.) 45 total Ravana runs to cap out on lore assuming you start at 0. And you get the added bonus of pigeon drops! It's a win/win!

Omni

I guess I'm lucky in that I farmed Thordan and did Savage with enough people on Lamia so that when I feel like I'm ready for Seph Ex, I can just ask and they'll let me join them in a farming group. Already been asked a couple of times actually, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet (especially since I'm a healer). Only been to 30% once, so I have a few more learning parties before I jump in the deep end.

Clearing shouldn't be such a huge issue this time. It's just still a matter of finding the motivation in doing it xD

Squishy3

I guess I'm lucky in that I farmed Thordan and did Savage with enough people on Lamia so that when I feel like I'm ready for Seph Ex, I can just ask and they'll let me join them in a farming group. Already been asked a couple of times actually, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet (especially since I'm a healer). Only been to 30% once, so I have a few more learning parties before I jump in the deep end.

Clearing shouldn't be such a huge issue this time. It's just still a matter of finding the motivation in doing it xD
If you've been to 30% of Sephirot EX you've probably seen the entire rotation of mechanics for the third phase. If you got to when Storm of Words + adds + pillars happens, the fight just repeats from there.

I completely rejected doing the rest of Midas tonight since it took me a godawful amount of time to get my chain from Rattfinx. Is it pointless to get the leg armour or should I get another piece for legs instead of another acc? I'm going to get hands and feet tomorrow but I'm iffy on the fact I took a leg piece first week. Got the healer lore chest today and it looks really good!

Ken

I completely rejected doing the rest of Midas tonight since it took me a godawful amount of time to get my chain from Rattfinx. Is it pointless to get the leg armour or should I get another piece for legs instead of another acc? I'm going to get hands and feet tomorrow but I'm iffy on the fact I took a leg piece first week. Got the healer lore chest today and it looks really good!

Besides the Midan Gears for the HC Tomestone and vanity reasons you're ok to skip any Proto Midan gear really since Lore has 10 ilevels on it.

That feeling when you hit the mini cactpot jackpot 3 times in a row and finally get enough mgp to get the adamantoise mount you've been saving up for months (non-consecutive and mostly before gold saucer challenge logs). It's a good day.

That feeling when you hit the mini cactpot jackpot 3 times in a row and finally get enough mgp to get the adamantoise mount you've been saving up for months (non-consecutive and mostly before gold saucer challenge logs). It's a good day.

Grats! I'm at 400k saving up for Fenrir... at the rate I'm going I'll have him by 4.0!

EDIT: By the way, I'm a bit confused with gear progression now. As far as I understand, item level trumps stats... but now I've been finding out through other means that people are using crafted gear over lore, to be fair lore is still new so maybe people just have gil to burn? My impression is that Midas normal gear is good, but crafted + melds trump it. But people seem to say some pieces are better than lore.

I'm still trying to make sense of all of it.

Ryne

I went ahead and tried the demo for this MMO since I read it has the best lore/story out of the popular ones.

I actually found the game fun, and am looking to purchase it sometime next week.

I went gladiator first with the trial, but I don't know if I should stick with it. First, I'm no good being the leader and tanking as I don't know what's the best build to do so. Second, I kinda find it slightly boring.

Can we re-roll characters? I think I read we could. Also, what class do you find fun?

creid

Can we re-roll characters? I think I read we could. Also, what class do you find fun?
You can switch between classes/jobs as long as you're out of battle, so there's no need to re-roll to try a different class. Once you hit level 10, just go to the guild hall for a class you want to try and sign up.

Valor

I have discovered the absolute horror that is Brute Justice in DF. I think I'm only going to tank that fight in DF from now on.

Squishy3

Grats! I'm at 400k saving up for Fenrir... at the rate I'm going I'll have him by 4.0!

EDIT: By the way, I'm a bit confused with gear progression now. As far as I understand, item level trumps stats... but now I've been finding out through other means that people are using crafted gear over lore, to be fair lore is still new so maybe people just have gil to burn? My impression is that Midas normal gear is good, but crafted + melds trump it. But people seem to say some pieces are better than lore.

I'm still trying to make sense of all of it.
The crafted gear really only matters to people going for tryhard progression and want to clear savage right now as easily as possible. (Since it's as good as or better than prototype midan gear with no restrictions on obtaining it and you also have the ability to overmeld materia onto it.)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm the worst BLM. Can't even beat Sephirot dummy with food. I tried ~5 times and always failed at 8%. Guess something's wrong with my rotation, which is weird since I'm having Enochian up all the time and use Fire IV as much as I can (?).

Thorgal

I went ahead and tried the demo for this MMO since I read it has the best lore/story out of the popular ones.

I actually found the game fun, and am looking to purchase it sometime next week.

I went gladiator first with the trial, but I don't know if I should stick with it. First, I'm no good being the leader and tanking as I don't know what's the best build to do so. Second, I kinda find it slightly boring.

switching class is as easy as giving your character a weapon of that class ( and later also your soulstone ) so you can switch from tank to healer to DPS on the fly for free as long as you joined the guild of that class which is also free .

what is it you are looking for in a class ?

ebil

"It's smoother if we don't tank swap and let the healers handle the tank buster damage"

Midas Tank, famous last words

Top Bottom