• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Valor

Something something we did it nobody cares but i'm trying to get fired here:

Not sure which is the worst looking lala. So many to choose from...

What did you guys get?

Also so far 3.2 has been awesome since I've gotten to LB on Sephirot AND in A5S!

Nothing so awesome as burning all the piggies with a turret beam.

chrono01

Something something we did it nobody cares but i'm trying to get fired here:

proud beneficiaries of Midas "what's a DPS check" philosophy

Time to wipe to robots 5ever
We plan to double numbers next week. Going for true World Last/Worst.

We can do worse. We must do worse.

Not sure which is the worst looking lala. So many to choose from...

What did you guys get?

Also so far 3.2 has been awesome since I've gotten to LB on Sephirot AND in A5S!

Nothing so awesome as burning all the piggies with a turret beam.

im sure you got to lb in 3.1 and that didnt make alex savage fun

Caj814

dat meld though
giphy.gif

How much Gil was that +0 worth?

BadRNG

Is there much difference between the i205 Thordan weapons and the i210 upgraded Eso ones?
Depends on your job, if you play a real one anything but BRD/MCH then you get another extra weapon damage. Those regen bot guys got jipped on that end, so you only get some extra stats rather than full WD. Still an upgrade just not as big.

How much Gil was that +0 worth?
A couple hundred thousand maybe? At best? It's pretty much just mutamix fodder, no one has any real use for them.

iammeiam

Depends on your job, if you play a real one anything but BRD/MCH then you get another extra weapon damage. Those regen bot guys got jipped on that end, so you only get some extra stats rather than full WD. Still an upgrade just not as big.

I think Berimbau is actually worse than Bow of the Heavens, because Berimbau is Det/SS and Crit laughs at all other secondaries for bard . Ferdinand may be closer to Heavensfire but since nobody did stat weights for MCH who knows.

Related, Dervy has new stat weights up. BRD crit continues to be LOL and SS has overtaken Det for their second best secondary, which should lead to some hilarious TP seive builds and means the relic isn't the best secondary pairing for them anymore. Tank secondary weights are hilarious thanks to the nerf. BLM and MCH get to continue making up our own stat weights and meld plans.

Jayhawk

Entered the new Ninja stat weights into my gear spreadsheets and they further reinforced that I made the correct lore item purchases. Crafted gear too strong.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Made about 25 seconds into the artist cut of "Answers" before switching it off.
People should stop trying to ruin Answers.

これじゃない

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Made about 25 seconds into the artist cut of "Answers" before switching it off.
People should stop trying to ruin Answers.

これじゃない

It's different but after listening to it a few times I think I like it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
thank you .

Imo it sounds great .

at first it felt off to me ,but i wrote that off to being so used to the one used for the game .

however even though it is only a sample , listening to it with an open mind made it click with me .

However ill keep final judgement until i can listen to the song in full.

I think it's a good "piano version" of the song.

iammeiam

The Artist Cut version of Answers reminds me of the Demi Lovato version of Let It Go. I get why it exists, it's not particularly offensive, but it's not terribly memorable, misses a lot of what made the original resonate, and makes the most sense as something playing over end credits.

Midas sounds really fun. Having a hard time resisting wanting to raid.

If there's a group on Ultros looking for a melee DPS (pref MNK but I could maybe NIN if group was willing to let me learn it) let's talk.

Fiorelle Laurent in-game. Can hit me up here too. Ultros only, if I can't find the right group on this server then I'm not interested.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Midas sounds really fun. Having a hard time resisting wanting to raid.

If there's a group on Ultros looking for a melee DPS (pref MNK but I could maybe NIN if group was willing to let me learn it) let's talk.

Fiorelle Laurent in-game. Can hit me up here too. Ultros only, if I can't find the right group on this server then I'm not interested.

What about Europe GAF?

What about Europe GAF?

don't even know who's left in EuroGAF and if they have a group and if they're looking lol.

Doesn't have to be GAF, I just don't know many people outside GAF on the server.

if the group only runs a few times a week I can raid until like 9 EST at the latest.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I too would like a group. WTB GAF group because I don't socialize with Ultros. Preferably one that starts at 8 or 9 EST.

Really am not having a good time with first robot on A6S. The next two I like a lot more and is more fun, but I seem to always do something wrong on the first one. Guess I need more time for it to click. I think the issue is we have to wait for our MT to move the boss after you see where mines are and by the time they start moving on my screen I can't go that way. I get stuck out of position for the baits and cause wipes when dive bombs go through middle. When I try to move to what I think will be the safe spot that the tank will move to, it's never that spot so then I'm out of position again. Maybe going in next time it will click better. Or I can yell at somebody to do call outs and use markers or something.

Also lol at just killing one with nobody able to raise alive for next robot. RIP.

Valor

I think Berimbau is actually worse than Bow of the Heavens, because Berimbau is Det/SS and Crit laughs at all other secondaries for bard . Ferdinand may be closer to Heavensfire but since nobody did stat weights for MCH who knows.

Related, Dervy has new stat weights up. BRD crit continues to be LOL and SS has overtaken Det for their second best secondary, which should lead to some hilarious TP seive builds and means the relic isn't the best secondary pairing for them anymore. Tank secondary weights are hilarious thanks to the nerf. BLM and MCH get to continue making up our own stat weights and meld plans.

As a chump who used Heavensfire exclusively and refused to Ferdinand because SS, Ferdinand was giving me better results in the end. Could be a case of Galen-Napkin-Math™ but whatever. Not like MCH have anything more concrete to go by for the time being. If given the choice between the two I would go with the Ferdinand at 210. Even with SS weighted at .02 which is dumb (and I know it was dumb) they came out to be within a few points of each other. change those weights up to anything more normal, or the .09 Dervy said would be the lowest he would guess it'd be and Ferdinand likely wins by a decent margin.

And with Dervyweights it's interesting to see his opinions on how the class may fall out. We may actually have one of the better det synergies of all of the classes when it's all said and done. I would guess our SS would be between .1 and .13. The other two stats are probably floating in the realm of .16 like the other classes. Maybe. Hopefully. Det builds forever.

iammeiam

As a chump who used Heavensfire exclusively and refused to Ferdinand because SS, Ferdinand was giving me better results in the end. Could be a case of Galen-Napkin-Math™ but whatever. Not like MCH have anything more concrete to go by for the time being. If given the choice between the two I would go with the Ferdinand at 210. Even with SS weighted at .02 which is dumb (and I know it was dumb) they came out to be within a few points of each other. change those weights up to anything more normal, or the .09 Dervy said would be the lowest he would guess it'd be and Ferdinand likely wins by a decent margin.

I did do some rough math back when I was trying to figure out if giving me a gobdip was actually better than feeding it to the floor, and ended up insisting everyone including healers would get more out of it. Absolute best case--.13 SS which I think is way too high, .16 Crit, .15 Det which is too low IMO, Ferdinand wins by around three and a half DEX. Using the weights I think are closer to reality, we're within one DEX between the two, and bottoming out SS valuation at .09 puts Heavensfire potentially ahead. Best case Ferdinand is like, racial bonus better (relevant in the land of Fantasia bet race changes), and is most likely functionally the same unless you're trying to stack SS. If you have the spare gobdip and already spent the eso, it's not going to hurt and isn't Berimbau, but there's no compelling reason to make effort to get it now (TBH I'd say the same about the Gordian gun too, which is a slightly bigger upgrade--just skip i210 entirely, it don't matter that much.) Getting shorted the WD on ranged sucks because it makes the ugly truth of a lot of our incremental upgrades that they don't actually matter. Aside from glamour, the true end game.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
...in the latter case, we all lose because there hasn't been a good looking MCH gun past item level 160

AST weapons all look terrible. There is not a single one I've seen that I thought looked cool probably due to the fact they are a complex looking weapon in the first place.

Valor

I did do some rough math back when I was trying to figure out if giving me a gobdip was actually better than feeding it to the floor, and ended up insisting everyone including healers would get more out of it. Absolute best case--.13 SS which I think is way too high, .16 Crit, .15 Det which is too low IMO, Ferdinand wins by around three and a half DEX.
The bullshit numbers I'm currently using after reading a bit of dervymath is .16 det .15 crit and .11 ss which are all likely undershots of what they're actually worth. It's all napkin math in the end. But yeah, skipping 210 is by far and wide the best course of action, the issue is time for people still leveling and stuff. You can use Heavensfire just fine until Seph/Lore for sure. Also figuring wd at 13, which I'm not sure if actuality is above or below. Seems like a safe enough guess.

...in the latter case, we all lose because there hasn't been a good looking MCH gun past item level 160
Bismarck!! Maybe!!? Sephirot isn't too terrible.

iammeiam

Last tier wasn't great The Ferdinands were pretty bland, Heavensfire looked like it needed a paint job, Gordian Musketoon looked like GB should snap it in half. Hive Musketoon wasn't bad, though.

Of the new stuff, the PVP gun is surprisingly solid looking. It's unique without being ridiculous. Haven't paid much attention to Midan and Primal though. Seph gun still stands out as being one of the few guns where GB looks right at home.

AST weapons all look terrible. There is not a single one I've seen that I thought looked cool probably due to the fact they are a complex looking weapon in the first place.

Gordian Astrometer + Metallic Purple Dye

Valor

Of the new stuff, the PVP gun is surprisingly solid looking. It's unique without being ridiculous. Haven't paid much attention to Midan and Primal though. Seph gun still stands out as being one of the few guns where GB looks right at home.

Tidal gun is kind of awkward looking but they made the barrel longer than the wave/tidal wave gun so it's less awkward. Midan gun is kind of weirdly rifle-esque? I kind of like it I think. It's pretty plain, especially compared to the Seph gun.

Raijinken

don't even know who's left in EuroGAF and if they have a group and if they're looking lol.

Doesn't have to be GAF, I just don't know many people outside GAF on the server.

if the group only runs a few times a week I can raid until like 9 EST at the latest.

Do you have any fflogs you can provide?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do either of you have any fflogs you can provide?
I do not. I may or may not have a something going in terms of a group. Have to wait and see what happens there. Just curious to see how many other GAF members are shopping around for one.

Dat edit.

Top Bottom