• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

The Shield Swipe change is something at least. I wonder if it still has the blocked hit requirement in order for you to use it (like parry for Reprisal).

One step at a time.

Squishy3

Learning Dragoon. Any opinions about this rotation? Good/Bad?

Heavy Thrust - [Battle Litany + Blood for Blood] - Impulse Drive - [Internal Release + Blood of the Dragon] - Disembowel - Chaos Thrust - [Leg Sweep + Power Surge] - Wheeling Thrust/Fang and Claw [Jump] Phlebotomize [Dragonfire Dive] - True Thrust - [Spineshatter Dive] - Vorpal Thrust - [Life Surge] - Full Thrust - [Geirskogul] - Wheeling Thrust/Fang and Claw
I use Thendiel's advanced opener from here. Obviously if you're not using a potion (since you won't be in most content outside of Savage Alex) you can swap where the potion would go with Leg Sweep+Power Surge and move the jump up to after Chaos Thrust instead of the 4th combo hit. I'd recommend reading all his initial posts in that thread.

Wouldn't it be better to pop Blood of the Dragon directly before Chaos Thrust so you don't chew into your BotD time with Disembowel? Also maybe consider getting Phlebotomize in before BotG for the same reason and to get the dots ticking sooner.
This post goes into why it's Heavy Thrust -> Chaos Thrust combo first.

Your Full Thrust isn't buffed by Internal Release or Battle Litany, and your 4th combo hit after Full Thrust isn't buffed by B4B, Battle Litany or Internal Release. Neither is Spineshatter Dive in that scenario. With Heavy Thrust -> Chaos Thrust combo, all the oGCDs line up perfectly and everything in your opener is buffed by your self buffs.

WolvenOne

BTW: As long as we're on the issue of subs.

I'm still rather opposed to Free to Play, but I do think the game needs to have a lower bar for participation. Maybe a lower priced sub that locks out most optional content, or, something. I know a quite a few people that were subbed at one point, who are adamant that they just can't justify the 12-15USD a month price tag due to how little time they have to play.

Definitely don't want free to play though. Microtransactions everywhere would be annoying as heck.

Tabris

Dungeons and trials requiring a full party to register via the Duty Finder:

The Limit Break Gauge will fill more slowly than before for parties with three or more members of the same role. Class/job roles are as follows:

Tank: Gladiator/Marauder/Paladin/Warrior/Dark Knight
Melee DPS: Pugilist/Lancer/Rogue/Monk/Dragoon/Ninja
Ranged DPS: Archer/Thaumaturge/Arcanist/Bard/Black Mage/Summoner/Machinist
Healer: Conjurer/White Mage/Scholar/Astrologian

So they just made double caster party composition even worse. WTF!

If the Order of the Twin Adder were wiped from the face of the Earth tomorrow, nothing of value would be lost.

Square Enix has to remove the GC restriction for PVP, too. Any lore explanation is bull shit (sorry Grimm, it is) and is a cop out because the dev team is lazy.

You meant terrible RNG mode PVP right? Because we destroyed the other teams in the other types.

iammeiam

Provides it's only DF content as described, double caster will still be fine for progression. By the time raids hit DF for full parties LB speed is usually not a factor. I don't want to do A3S adds without double caster so here's hoping that's still viable.

So like it'll maybe be a problem for the new primals, but those are lower tuned anyway and never really require a specific LB.

You meant terrible RNG mode PVP right? Because we destroyed the other teams in the other types.

Uh no. Node RNG only has an impact on close games near the end at times, but otherwise it's not the reason you're losing. I swear people come up with the craziest stuff to blame PVP losses on anything but poor strategy or lack of team work. Everything from RNG to win trading.

aceface

Would that count for Alex savage though? You don't register for that through the duty finder. Probably just semantics I guess.

Tabris

Yeah, was still thinking of an earlier comment about tank things on that one, rip

Your party is double caster too same as us, right?

[2.0]The following item for concealing the appearance of a pugilist's arm is available for purchase from Tataroga in Mor Dhona at Revenant's Toll (X:22 Y:6).
The Emperor's New Fist

Only good glamour thing ever :)

Ken

Exploration can potentially offer better itemization and Eso is still capped.

Hm, maybe. I just figured being able to slowly but assuredly get your existing esoteric pieces to 210 would be more appealing than trying to get a party or alliance and potentially winning a potentially well-rolled drop that's potentially i210. On the bright side, hunts will free up some airship lines.

True on the esoteric caps. There are times I've thought about burning my one item restore to get back a quick two weeks of the current tomestone of the day.

iammeiam

for A1-A3, we went MNK over SMN for A4S.

I feel obligated to point out this wasn't motivated by a condemnation of double-caster in A4S in and of itself but more group comp synergy since lol no Foe Req. it was decided on as a goal before we even got in there, not because double caster didn't work.

WolvenOne

BTW, did I overlook it, or is Idyllshire not getting a cosmetic upgrade?

Kinda a shame if not, seeing as seeing Mor Dhona grow was an amazing experience. XD

Uh no. Node RNG only has an impact on close games near the end at times, but otherwise it's not the reason you're losing. I swear people come up with the craziest stuff to blame PVP losses on anything but poor strategy or lack of team work. Everything from RNG to win trading.

The old groups that PVP'd for Gridania on Primal just don't do this mode, most find it boring or too random. This new group of people don't understand when they should disengage from a battle at all. I don't care what you say, the RNG is a factor, even when Gridania does win. It's an awful mode, like nearly everything else in 3.0. It's still better than that second Mid PVP though.

WolvenOne

If you count an atheryte and mounts as a cosmetic upgrade then sure

You know that's not what I meant. XD

PS: No RNG in Seize is not nearly as big a factor as skill. Groups that know how to press and take nodes can make a good run at things and dominate even with poor RNG. Groups that don't know how to press nodes, and spook easily, get destroyed even if they get wonderful RNG.

RNG makes a difference in close matches between two or more similarly skilled groups, but most of the time it's pretty irrelevant.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So what you're saying is if there's nothing exciting for a long time after 3.1, you might level Dragoon?

Sorian

Banned
So what you're saying is if there's nothing excited for a long time after 3.1, you might level Dragoon?

There has to be a lack of other games too. I started playing SWTOR again and there's FO4 and blade and soul beta weekends D:

Idk about that.

:p

IvorB

I wouldn't do this since you'd be handcuffing yourself with HT/Phleb forever, which is a lot of dead time you aren't working towards keeping or spending BotD. Plus if this is your opener you don't have a Disembowel bonus on that Phleb initial hit and you're using a B4B GCD on a non fully buffed attack which is, technically speaking, a loss.

Hmmm... you're probably right. I did a check just recently on the damage of all the moves and I realised I wasn't respecting Phleb enough since it's quite a powerful strike in its own right.

This post goes into why it's Heavy Thrust -> Chaos Thrust combo first.

Your Full Thrust isn't buffed by Internal Release or Battle Litany, and your 4th combo hit after Full Thrust isn't buffed by B4B, Battle Litany or Internal Release. Neither is Spineshatter Dive in that scenario. With Heavy Thrust -> Chaos Thrust combo, all the oGCDs line up perfectly and everything in your opener is buffed by your self buffs.

I don't really do it the way OP laid out to be honest. I was just suggesting to move the Phlebotomize which shouldn't really push everything out since you have to do it anyway. I'm still experimenting at this stage and trying to figure everything out so you can probably take anything I say on the subject with a pinch of salt. :)

WolvenOne

I just had a thought. Seeing as they'll be selling main cast armor/glamour on the cash shop, what are the chances that we'll soon be seeing people running around in Gaius glamour?

Jeels

Those were some pretty long patch notes. ;_; forgot all about the additional minions, cards, and mounts that come with patches. Hopefully those are tied to content I actually want to do.

Also hope the gear from that airship exploration currency isn't conducive to weeks and weeks of grinding. :/

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...partment-yay?p=3410936&viewfull=1#post3410936

If that's 3.0 Y'shtola's outfit, then GG. I've wanted that chest and boots for so long.

Naul Mount is from Centurio Seals, lol.
New logs will be 500 seals. All but certain cap will be raised from 500 to 4000 like Allied Seals. 4 logs for Gobcoat, 6 logs for Gobtwine. Need to upgrade 3 left side so 9000 seals....time to hunt like a mad man.
Still waiting on confirmation that the remark during the Live Letter that Pegasus Mount is from trading in Diadem gear for some currency to buy the whistle/horn is fact.

WolvenOne

Protip.

Pick up this week's Centurio B rank, but don't actually do it. On Sunday pick up your dailies, but don't actually do those either.

Come Tuesday, do both immediately, than pick up the new ones for that week and do those as well. That should give you a couple hundred extra Centurio Seals immediately, without needing to compete for As and Ss.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...partment-yay?p=3410936&viewfull=1#post3410936

If that's 3.0 Y'shtola's outfit, then GG. I've wanted that chest and boots for so long.

New logs will be 500 seals. All but certain cap will be raised from 500 to 4000 like Allied Seals. 4 logs for Gobcoat, 6 logs for Gobtwine. Need to upgrade 3 left side so 9000 seals....time to hunt like a mad man.
Still waiting on confirmation that the remark during the Live Letter that Pegasus Mount is from trading in Diadem gear for some currency to buy the whistle/horn is fact.

Isn't Yda's outfit like just... stock stuff?

Squishy3

I just had a thought. Seeing as they'll be selling main cast armor/glamour on the cash shop, what are the chances that we'll soon be seeing people running around in Gaius glamour?
who needs gaius glamour, let paladins glamour their sword and shield to these babies

latest

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

New seal cap is 1000.

Top Bottom