• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Thorgal

Someone mentioned in a reddit thread since Ozma is part of the next step in the Voidiark stuff that it will probably not have a skill set worthy of its reputation because of its location within "faceroll" content.

"alright guys , lets faceroll this and get our loot .

*everone dies to curse + Doomsday combo.

...fuck :/

"alright guys , lets faceroll this and get our loot .

*everone dies to curse + Doomsday combo.

...fuck :/
The eternal 24 man struggle.

Yesterday I wiped at Echidna. I wasn't aware that was possible but other alliances managed to fail their snake DPS checks somehow.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a while since FFIX, but wasn't the Ozma fight like 95% setup with 5% RNG? I'm not sure that qualifies as hard as such.

Allard

It's been a while since FFIX, but wasn't the Ozma fight like 95% setup with 5% RNG? I'm not sure that qualifies as hard as such.

The setup was required to make it possible to kill him, once that was done its more like the fight is 75% RNG, he could still wipe you out at the start of the fight without even giving you a chance to setup, he could still wipe you later in the fight at the drop of a hat and laugh at you for making you believe you could fight him, but you could get a stream of survivable setups and kill him quickly enough the RNG elements don't apply, but getting that opportunity is Random in itself. The fight was pure frustration because mechanically he should be survivable but his ability to always go ahead of someone in the queue and how his moves were designed to always do something to you made the fight almost impossible to prepare for solid 100% victory.

I always thought it would be interesting if they had a boss that could rewind time. Like put everything back to the way it was X seconds/minutes ago with the same HP/MP/TP values and cooldowns for everyone followed by it doing something different to try and change the course of the battle.

The might be too complicated in addition to introducing some tricky problems for this game though.

I always thought it would be interesting if they had a boss that could rewind time. Like put everything back to the way it was X seconds/minutes ago with the same HP/MP/TP values and cooldowns for everyone followed by it doing something different to try and change the course of the battle.

The might be too complicated in addition to introducing some tricky problems for this game though.
That would only work if they fixed how ticks work. Because boy that would be frustrating with all the server/client side stuff going on.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The setup was required to make it possible to kill him, once that was done its more like the fight is 75% RNG, he could still wipe you out at the start of the fight without even giving you a chance to setup, he could still wipe you later in the fight at the drop of a hat and laugh at you for making you believe you could fight him, but you could get a stream of survivable setups and kill him quickly enough the RNG elements don't apply, but getting that opportunity is Random in itself.

Man I must have gotten extremely lucky then when I were a lad. Fair.

Haven't really played a lot of FF IX, but the discussion of this boss makes me very interested now. Might have to bite and pick it up on steam. Obviously not going to be nearly that tough in XIV, though. Though who knows, maybe they could revisit the 24-person raid version as an EX battle down the line.

gryvan

Haven't really played a lot of FF IX, but the discussion of this boss makes me very interested now. Might have to bite and pick it up on steam. Obviously not going to be nearly that tough in XIV, though. Though who knows, maybe they could revisit the 24-person raid version as an EX battle down the line.

Please stream it on Friday too~

Squishy3

You know that moment Echidna recombines and does a raid-wide AoE? If one of her parts isn't dead by then that's a wipe.

Yup, that's a thing.
The funniest thing about Void Ark now is that the people running it have gotten worse.

I've had to tank morbols in the purification room because our tank is off tanking for another alliance while we're all standing at our marker.

I saw less mistakes in the blind run of it that I did an hour after it came out.

Is Diadem still worth doing? I didn't even know it was a thing until I took a closer look at the NPCs standing next to the airship port in Ishgard.

Leunam

Is Diadem still worth doing? I didn't even know it was a thing until I took a closer look at the NPCs standing next to the airship port in Ishgard.

We've been going in as small teams in our FC during downtime. It's been a nice way to relax and shoot the shit in voice chat, but the drops themselves aren't worth it except to turn them in for stuff.

New awesome alt name for you cat girls:
fzpXnhm.jpg

What's the point of a GM contacting you in a duty if you can't respond? Had one repeat 3 times before finally saying, "Unfortunately it does look like you are occupied at the moment” Fix this shite, SE!

Isaccard

What's the point of a GM contacting you in a duty if you can't respond? Had one repeat 3 times before finally saying, "Unfortunately it does look like you are occupied at the moment” Fix this shite, SE!

You can respond to GM's in a duty with /say. Not being able to communicate with them because you're in an instance would be silly. Since you never responded, they assumed you were busy?

Omni

Chf2TbmU8AArXIY.jpg

Just one more oil and it'll be 230. So worth the effort put in.

Congrats! I actually grew bored of the i230 version. Visually. The glow looks kinda tacky on the WHM cane anyway (Warrior weapon looks awesome). Glamoured over it with the Hive cane.

I'm also on like the third book for the old relic. Now THAT is a slow process.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Grats guys

Thanks!

So you hate yourself?

I-It's not like that!

Grats

but you are one

No one has to know '-'

Brute Justice says the struggle has just begun.

At least Brute Justice doesn't have Weight of the World. That alone makes it better. Also gattai.

Oh sweet summer child...

Well we've got plenty of time to work on 8. No need to rush in with what... 4+ months left in the lockout? Jail memes were really getting to me lol.

now I can make fun of more wipes

Says the guy who probably caused the most wipes.

Congratulations. That must feel very good!

Thanks and yeah the goal was to beat it before reset and we finally did after a terrible .01% wipe a few pulls before...

Raijinken

So how is this game now? I'm 5 months since playing :O

The game hasn't changed at all in the last 5 months. The only new content you're missing is a new trial, raid tier, continuation of the main story, and the relic. Oh yeah, and a new League of Legends mode, if you're into toxicity

Top Bottom