• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

Root vegetable people or GTFO

Also NA blog has translated the post that included the Ozma screenshot. Playtested feedback they're working from:

One interesting thing is that regardless of their day jobs, when it comes time for these kind of tests, everyone becomes the Warrior of Light, and often times the feedback is quite varied between the members: "Isn't this mechanic too hard to understand?" "Aren't the enemies that spawn during this phase of the fight too tough?" It's amazing how content takes shape based on the feedback that is collected.

Maybe in 4.0 they'll start recycling the 24 man bosses as bonus EX Primal fights and we can get the Ozma that makes people quake in fear. They apparently had them playtest in full Eso so it's going to be tuned a good 20 iLevels shy of where we're going to be hitting it.

Ozma was the easiest of the optional ultra mega hard bosses on the three PS1 FFs imo. Kinda in line as IX was the easiest of those three games.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Maybe in 4.0 they'll start recycling the 24 man bosses as bonus EX Primal fights and we can get the Ozma that makes people quake in fear. They apparently had them playtest in full Eso so it's going to be tuned a good 20 iLevels shy of where we're going to be hitting it.

So still above average DF's dps capacity

BlackJace

I've fallen behind enormously in this game, so much so that I haven't even bought the expac yet. What's the current state of the game as a whole now? Is it worth it to resub for a bit and at least beat vanilla?

I've fallen behind enormously in this game, so much so that I haven't even bought the expac yet. What's the current state of the game as a whole now? Is it worth it to resub for a bit and at least beat vanilla?

It's worth it for the story imo if that's what you're interested in. Otherwise it's very similar to vanilla

Omni

I found the HW story and progression very enjoyable. Much more than vanilla if I'm being completely honest. People have issues with end-game or whatever but there's a lot of fun to be had. Though I suppose running even the most mundane of dungeons with friends is still gonna be fun.

So I say, yes. Beat vanilla and try to get the expansion if you're wanting more. It's not terribly difficult to catch up

Had a very productive night. WoD dropped me the headpiece I've waited ages for, won lot on Puff of Darkness and to top it all off, finished Verethragna to 230. Two more Lore pieces and a proper 220 ring and I can take a break before 3.3 hits.

And current glamour because I thought it all goes well together, save for the bandanna clipping on the coat.

Chlbn6VWUAApXtU.jpg:large

Had a very productive night. WoD dropped me the headpiece I've waited ages for, won lot on Puff of Darkness and to top it all off, finished Verethragna to 230. Two more Lore pieces and a proper 220 ring and I can take a break before 3.3 hits.

Yeah, I know what you mean. tanked WoD for the first time last night and the demon chest dropped but I have yet to see the blm after so many runs. I also scored on the puff! Talk about good luck. Congrats on your relic! It feels so good to have it at hyperconductive stage.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is spiritbonding for crafting materia still a thing like back in Urth's Gift during ARR or is that not really doable anywhere in HW?

Omni

Joined a Seph party earlier. Apparently loot-locking the birds is a thing.

"You can have the third one"

Yeah okay.
Haha. Needless to say I bailed after hearing that. I'm surprised anyone even bothered. Party filled up though.

Joined a Seph party earlier. Apparently loot-locking the birds is a thing.

"You can have the third one"

Yeah okay.
Haha. Needless to say I bailed after hearing that. I'm surprised anyone even bothered. Party filled up though.
It's kinda cute seeing PF parties going "Join order on bird" and expecting to be filled.

Yeah, I'm totes joining a party to be 6th in line of a 5% chance drop.

Arkeband

Banned

I'd prefer they stop finding ways to recycle raid content, personally.

Ozma might be a memorable post-game fight from IX, but ultimately he's just a giant marble with no story attached. In fact, I'd prefer if FF14 focused less on fanservice altogether, but that's a pipe dream.

Robin64

Ozma might be a memorable post-game fight from IX, but ultimately he's just a giant marble with no story attached. In fact, I'd prefer if FF14 focused less on fanservice altogether, but that's a pipe dream.

I dunno, fanservice is part of the reason I play. Entering Matoya's Cave and having that music kick in made me grin like a fool. I feel like the game always gets more than enough new stuff to earn the right to have fanservicey bits too.

iammeiam

New fights > Recycled fights > No fights

Given that the answer to basically everything is them not having the staff to support it, I'd take more rehashed raid content if it meant getting an extra EX primal per patch or something since it's an area the game continues to be ridiculously anemic in.

Arkeband

Banned
New fights > Recycled fights > No fights

Given that the answer to basically everything is them not having the staff to support it, I'd take more rehashed raid content if it meant getting an extra EX primal per patch or something since it's an area the game continues to be ridiculously anemic in.

I agree with you here. I doubt 3.3 will even have Hildibrand trials, which is a shame.

I'm pretty close to letting my sub expire, this raid tier isn't fun and nothing "extra" they showed for 3.3 gives me confidence will be implemented properly the first time around. (Predicting deep dungeons etc will go completely untouched until 4.1+)

I know, negative Nancy over here but it's just depressing that a game with this much potential is squandering it.

Sorian

Banned
I agree with you here. I doubt 3.3 will even have Hildibrand trials, which is a shame.

I'm pretty close to letting my sub expire, this raid tier isn't fun and nothing "extra" they showed for 3.3 gives me confidence will be implemented properly the first time around. (Predicting deep dungeons etc will go completely untouched until 4.1+)

I know, negative Nancy over here but it's just depressing that a game with this much potential is squandering it.

I thought the writing on the wall was that it will. Didn't they say last time that 3.3 would have a mystery trial and EX version? Sounds like a Hildy trial. I would have thought something story related but unlikely if there is an ex version with it as well.

iammeiam

I thought the writing on the wall was that it will. Didn't they say last time that 3.3 would have a mystery trial and EX version? Sounds like a Hildy trial. I would have thought something story related but unlikely if there is an ex version with it as well.

This is a super optimistic way to read that slide; I took it as either them being super coy about the second Warring Triad fight because reasons, which will have two versions, or that the Warring Triad will finish in 3.4/3.5 and we're getting an unrelated trial in 3.3 (Nidhogg and Nidhogg EX!)

Sorian

Banned
This is a super optimistic way to read that slide; I took it as either them being super coy about the second Warring Triad fight because reasons, which will have two versions, or that the Warring Triad will finish in 3.4/3.5 and we're getting an unrelated trial in 3.3 (Nidhogg and Nidhogg EX!)

If it was warring triad, they would have just told us. It might be Nidhogg and Nidhogg EX though, that is 100% a possibility but I think they've strayed away from EX story stuff (though if that's all they have then that's what they'll do).. I just remember similar coyness when it came to the Gilgamesh and Ultros trials.

Top Bottom