• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Finish the 2.0 Manderville quests before servers shutdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0AgnEINPQ
My posing game is as spot as a gentleman does.
RpO3L8u.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bah, nothing like a last boss in Stone Vigil wipe with 4 minutes to go. Last 2 times a maint was happening, I've managed to be in Stone Vigil parties. I'm 1 for 2 on finishing them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Birds for Bismarck, Ravana and Thordan can now be purchased for 99 tokens in addition to the drop rate buff.

Sifl

Birds for Bismarck, Ravana and Thordan can now be purchased for 99 tokens in addition to the drop rate buff.
This is obviously my punishment for spending all my tokens (around 80 Ravana and 60 Bismarck tokens) for desynthesis purposes.
Edit: Also, lol at those pvp adjustments. Over 50% my alliance got 90k'd at least once in every shatter match I've played in the past week. Balancing pvp>pvp servers working properly, apparently

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It doesn't mention it in the patch notes, so I guess the DD gear progress isn't reset every week?

heh, so they made participation possible with DF huh?

50 floors dealing with passive aggressive assholes who only touch their keyboard just to input the ol "...." ellipses when something goes wrong.

i'll be awaiting the inevitable reddit/OF bitching about how it is SE fault that randoms can't get along.

jorgeton

Deep Dungeon sounds incredible. Just what I wanted, a rogue-like dungeon crawler with FFXIV's combat system. And the i235 weapon at the end of it is icing on the cake.

Tomestones and i235 weapon from Deep Dungeon. I'm not touching a single dungeon for a while if this is good

I'm also disappointed for no persistent /doze when standing and not letting you /doze on the ground anywhere you want. I really want that

I'm not one to go farm 99 tokens but it is nice to have a drop rate increase. It probably wont be much of an increase but we will have to see. Sadly, I'll never get the Thordan one cause I gave up on pfing it on my server.

Heartfyre

I didn't really care for the new dungeon until I finished reading the patch notes, but it sounds like it's going to be great! I have more dailies than I have time, but I'm still going to try and get the first ten levels completed this evening. I'm sure thousands of others are going to do the same.

Squishy3

Apparently I didn't catch it fast enough.

"Due to ongoing maintenance, this page is unavailable."

Oh site's just messed up and the link doesn't work, had to manually click on the news topic on the site.

[3.0] The drop rates for White Lanner Whistle, Rose Lanner Whistle, and Round Lanner Whistle have been increased.

!!!!!!

White Lanner Whistle Expanse Totem x99
Rose Lanner Whistle Hive Totem x99
Round Lanner Whistle Heavens' Ward Helm Fragment x99

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qvoth

there's a quest that unlocks after you cleared 50 levels of DD? :O
2 new minions from DD doesn't look that good, the disembodied head resonator is probably the head mount that was revealed from 3.3 datamining, guess i'll aim for that and the aetherpool weapon for glamor

IMBored

there's a quest that unlocks after you cleared 50 levels of DD? :O
2 new minions from DD doesn't look that good, the disembodied head resonator is probably the head mount that was revealed from 3.3 datamining, guess i'll aim for that and the aetherpool weapon for glamor

Seems to be the ending of the best quest
dead fiancee

Were do you get the new 135 weapons? PVP?

Also, the save system seems confusing, fixed parties vs duty finder. But the map and lv/gear progressions system seems nice, very roguelike.

Glad they listened to the community about making totems useful for mounts.

For the mounts, a bit annoyed it's only 99 Totems. I said my bit on the OF that it should be 200. 99 can be done in like 2-3 days if you get a good enough group, and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel for extra motivation.

Also the upped drop rate was about due anyway. Maybe when a mount is new, it cost 200 Totems, then with each drop rate increase, you lower the Totem cost.

Omni

For the mounts, a bit annoyed it's only 99 Totems. I said my bit on the OF that it should be 200. 99 can be done in like 2-3 days if you get a good enough group, and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel for extra motivation.

Also the upped drop rate was about due anyway. Maybe when a mount is new, it cost 200 Totems, then with each drop rate increase, you lower the Totem cost.
Eh?

Doing Thordan that many times is still a huuuuge undertaking. I guess Ravana and Bismarck are a lot quicker, but you're still talking about days of complete non-stop grinding. Anyone who does that deserves the mount, IMO.

Besides, for most people 99 tokens is a long term goal. As it should be

Sorian

Banned
Wonder how many tokens I do actually have. Bismarck, I should be in the 60s or 70s, Thordan is a mystery, hoping for at least 20+ if I'm lucky.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People used to tell me o throw away tokens. Fools.

One could see this happening from a mile away, the question was only when.

Have you only done Bismarck and Ravana in overgear mode? Because Thordan, Sephirot and Nidhogg are all 8-minute fights with little skip potential and doing those 200 times can piss right off.
And you'd think that by now people would stop having special snowflake delusions about anything in this game.

One could see this happening from a mile away, the question was only when.

Have you only done Bismarck and Ravana in overgear mode? Because Thordan, Sephirot and Nidhogg are all 8-minute fights with little skip potential and doing those 200 times can piss right off.
And you'd think that by now people would stop having special snowflake delusions about anything in this game.

I don't know, my farming experience with PF has been as follows:

I always insisted on solo healing Bismark, Ravana, and Thordan, and I've had those mounts for awhile now.

Ravana is a joke and you should be getting like 10 or more kills an hour with a competent group since you can ignore adds and kill during swift Lib cast bar. This was possible before most people had 240 weapons.

Thordan you can kill right after the Dragoon jump/tether/divebomb phase and before the chaos phase of ice/tethers/meteors/gaze/swipe if you solo heal. Again that was before most people had 240 weapons and 235 didn't exist yet, too.

Bismark you can't push phases but you can obliterate the phases. First Adds should be dead right after 2nd Tank swap. You can kill Bismark on first attempt on his back with great DPS, or kill almost immediately on 2nd back attempt.

Right now Seph and Nidhogg are lengthy fights you can't do much about to speed up too much like the others. Once 3.4 raises the iLvL though, both fights will be much quicker - end phases sooner and solo heal viable for most. And will assume increased drop rate and totem purchase option will be available by then.

And aside from Nidhogg (okay and MogEX), I've cleared every primal at least 200 times by now. Some way more than that, maybe closer to 400-500 on the ARR primals.

Chille

I don't know, my farming experience with PF has been as follows:

I always insisted on solo healing Bismark, Ravana, and Thordan, and I've had those mounts for awhile now.

Ravana is a joke and you should be getting like 10 or more kills an hour with a competent group since you can ignore adds and kill during swift Lib cast bar. This was possible before most people had 240 weapons.

Thordan you can kill right after the Dragoon jump/tether/divebomb phase and before the chaos phase of ice/tethers/meteors/gaze/swipe if you solo heal. Again that was before most people had 240 weapons and 235 didn't exist yet, too.

Bismark you can't push phases but you can obliterate the phases. First Adds should be dead right after 2nd Tank swap. You can kill Bismark on first attempt on his back with great DPS, or kill almost immediately on 2nd back attempt.

Right now Seph and Nidhogg are lengthy fights you can't do much about to speed up too much like the others. Once 3.4 raises the iLvL though, both fights will be much quicker - end phases sooner and solo heal viable for most. And will assume drop rate and totem purchase option will be available by then.

And aside from Nidhogg (okay and Amoy EX, I've cleared every primal at least 200 times by now. Some way more than that, maybe closer to 400-500 the ARR primals.

Lol I still haven't had the courage to redo ravana after I cleared it a few months ago.

Hell still haven't cleared thordan

Squishy3

It'll be interesting to see if Nidhogg has a health percentage at which the final phase automatically triggers or if he just dies in that phase and nobody will ever see it again.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It'll be interesting to see if Nidhogg has a health percentage at which the final phase automatically triggers or if he just dies in that phase and nobody will ever see it again.

Usually there's a bottom HP% threshold. What's more interesting to me is how do the bosses enrage if they're not pushed into later phases, Sephirot in particular.

And aside from Nidhogg (okay and MogEX), I've cleared every primal at least 200 times by now. Some way more than that, maybe closer to 400-500 on the ARR primals.

That's great for you and all, but this game could use less bar-filling tedium, not more. 99 clears is just fine. There's other games people want to play.

Squishy3

Usually there's a bottom HP% threshold. What's more interesting to me is how do the bosses enrage if they're not pushed into later phases, Sephirot in particular.
Sephirot will just die before first Storm or during that part if I had to guess. Soon it'll go the way of Ravana and if groups fuck up and don't kill before x mechanic nobody will know what to do during da'at + yesod pillars

Sylas

Strange question but: Are there new hairstyles at the gold saucer hairstyle lady? Thancred and Y'shtola's hair were in the files but I haven't seen them yet. I'm also curious about the power ranger poses.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Levels 31-40 of DD have a requirement of arm level +8 or higher. If someone in your party ended up lower, you'll have to repeat floors 1-30 (although it's highly unlikely you won't reach the requirement after the second run).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
DD is quite fun, but if I queue alone as a DPS, waiting time for floors 11-20 is 30+ minutes. Uh. Also SE tweeted that the area in which the entrance NPC is located reached a player limit on some servers. I don't get why they can't let people queue using the DF once the palace is unlocked.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
DD is quite fun, but if I queue alone as a DPS, waiting time for floors 11-20 is 30+ minutes. Uh. Also SE tweeted that the area in which the entrance NPC is located reached a player limit on some servers. I don't get why they can't let people queue using the DF once the palace is unlocked.

There's no role requirements.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's no role requirements.
I assumed that a tank is not required, because my run had 2 DPS and 2 Healers, but I thought that at least 1 healer is required.

Anyway, if there are no role requirements and the zone is full of people, unless the instance servers are full or something like that, queuing shouldn't take so much time, no?

Qvoth

the instance servers are probably super packed now, i'm in a 4 person pt and we're still queuing for at least 15 minutes

That's great for you and all, but this game could use less bar-filling tedium, not more. 99 clears is just fine. There's other games people want to play.

Yea, well, tell that to SE about the shitty 2000 Mentor Roulette mount. I would rather they nerf that over this. Or fix Frontlines so GC restrictions are removed so we don't have to sit for an hour+ per queue as Maelstrom. I would like to play other stuff, but last few days have been non-stop sitting in shitty PVP queue to try to do something that is 1) new 2) supposedly relevant. That's some broken ass shit right there.

Jeels

Congrats Yunafreya on your clear!

So how does progression work in DD - whats the incentive to rerun? You get to max level/complete 1-50.

I read that you don't actually permanently get to max level or something? How does that work?

Also, most important - new minions/mount?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Congrats Yunafreya on your clear!

So how does progression work in DD - whats the incentive to rerun? You get to max level/complete 1-50.

I read that you don't actually permanently get to max level or something? How does that work?

Also, most important - new minions/mount?

Patch notes answer all of your questions.

Tevren

Did a quick solo test run in DD. I really like it, but am a bit confused about how your arm/armor saves upgrades. Do you have to clear the boss on 10th floor for it to be saved? (Apologies if i overlooked this, only sort of skimmed the notes).

jorgeton

Ran DD before work, floors 1-10.

Sogood.gif

Hello new time sink.

Did a quick solo test run in DD. I really like it, but am a bit confused about how your arm/armor saves upgrades. Do you have to clear the boss on 10th floor for it to be saved? (Apologies if i overlooked this, only sort of skimmed the notes).

I believe upgrades & levels are saved no matter where you quit, but only floor progress can be saved after each boss.

Top Bottom