• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Omni

Sooo many people use the Replica High Allagan Coat of Healing now. I love it but eh. It's like the thav bustier all over again.

I've gone back to the basics

eDfBINS.jpg

Glamour is still the best end-game

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sooo many people use the Replica High Allagan Coat of Healing now. I love it but eh. It's like the thav bustier all over again.

I really wish FFXIV would copy FFXI's galmour system. You can lock in appearance of any gear that you can equip, even another job. So you can have a mage decked out in armor if you want.

Also, none of that prism stuff.

Thorgal

allright so i found my problem

Turned out my Software token was out of sync with SE servers .

Had to use my emergency code to remove it , confirmed my game is not hacked or some shit , registered again and after it worked i accidentally hugged 4 Lalafell to death out of sheer relief .

I really wish FFXIV would copy FFXI's galmour system. You can lock in appearance of any gear that you can equip, even another job. So you can have a mage decked out in armor if you want.

Didn't even realize XI had a glamour system, I quit a good time after Adoulin was released.

Personally XIV needs more glamour options, I'd be happy if they recycle more armors from other games like XI, XII, and some other long lost titles. They have the Ares and Koenig's armor set. Hoping they add the Usukane and Nyzul Isle sets sometime in the future. Hell, give me XI's MNK artifact armor over whatever the heck XIV's supposed to be.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Didn't even realize XI had a glamour system, I quit a good time after Adoulin was released.

Personally XIV needs more glamour options, I'd be happy if they recycle more armors from other games like XI, XII, and some other long lost titles. They have the Ares and Koenig's armor set. Hoping they add the Usukane and Nyzul Isle sets sometime in the future. Hell, give me XI's MNK artifact armor over whatever the heck XIV's supposed to be.

It's known as lock style. Basically you can set equipment to be your permanent look. You can equip anything so long as you have a job that can equip it. You can even mix and match anything you want. Even had a bunch of slots so you could set various looks.

No quests, no items needed. I had my Summoner decked out in Phorcys gear.

Sifl

It's known as lock style. Basically you can set equipment to be your permanent look. You can equip anything so long as you have a job that can equip it. You can even mix and match anything you want. Even had a bunch of slots so you could set various looks.

No quests, no items needed. I had my Summoner decked out in Phorcys gear.
I wish 14 worked this way. So many glamours from classes that I'd like to use on a different 1.

dramatis

Where are the pants

Also, that body piece is also overused

Gathering leves....so boring.

Up to 45 miner 43 botanist
It's terrible between 45 and 50, but post 50 it's a breeze.

I think you can maybe do Ixali quests to bolster exp gain, plus daily GC hand in (hand in HQ!).

Kyzer

Banned
Just renewed my subscription for 60 more days. Also about to reach heavensward in like 7-10 quests.

same! like 10 more quests

thatt would be amazing

yesssss

Thorgal

Be sure to make some free time because those last quest scenes are Very long . ( the game will warn you about it too )

Make at least an hour or 2 free for it .

Squishy3

They aren't actually 2 hours long, they're split into groups of multiple cutscenes playing back to back and give you a warning when you go to start them. The longest one is probably closer to... 30-40 minutes? Also depends if you opt to wait for the voice lines to fully play before clicking to the next dialogue bubble

Also they're actually really good cutscenes, the only good things Lalafells are for are making silly faces and that cutscene provides the best one

allright so i found my problem

Turned out my Software token was out of sync with SE servers .

Had to use my emergency code to remove it , confirmed my game is not hacked or some shit , registered again and after it worked i accidentally hugged 4 Lalafell to death out of sheer relief .

That's weird, the exact same thing happened to me. I was logged in this morning without any issues, then I got disconnected and couldn't log back in. My Square Enix Software Token app didn't show me a One-Time password and instead acted like I had never set it up (asking for my username, date of birth, and confirmation code again). After using my Emergency code and removing One-Time Passwords, I was able to set it up again without any issues.

Wondering if something broke on their end, or if this is just a coincidence that it happened to both of us on the same day.

PepperedHam

I have a bard three levels from 60 but I've grown super bored of the job, is there still an exp bonus if you have a character at cap? Is it worth trucking through these last three levels before I jump ship to another job?

Ken

I have a bard three levels from 60 but I've grown super bored of the job, is there still an exp bonus if you have a character at cap? Is it worth trucking through these last three levels before I jump ship to another job?

the bonus is for having a class higher than your current one so technically yeah (otherwise your next job won't have bonus from 57-60)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wish 14 worked this way. So many glamours from classes that I'd like to use on a different 1.

thatt would be amazing

The more I think about it, I think I know why XIV didn't do it, other than making it a time/money sink.

Unlike in FFXIV, FFXI had you switching gear ALL THE TIME. You'd have your standard set. Then you'd macro in another set for a half second when you activated a weapon or magic skill, then you'd equip another set of gear when the kill actually activated on the enemy, then repeat. FFXIV thankfully doesn't allow a system like that, making it a lot more easy.

aceface

Can't log in on Ultros :(

It keeps bringing up a 2500 person queue

Edit: apparently they took the servers down more than an hour ago for recovery efforts but they are still not up yet? That's not promising.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well things seem fine.
Oh boy, cutscene time!
Edit: and after nearly an hour its over.
Edit 2: oh wait cutscenes part 2.
Edit 3: and the end credits scene is over. And god they changed coice actors.

Wilsongt

Either my computer is about to go poof or SE has been having server side issues lately. I just put a new graphics card in my computer, now everything takes forever in a day to load. Logging in takes a while, it's not uncommon to be in a dungeon and have things like sound and actions lag, or have music just cut out completely, especially in 24-man instances... It's becoming frustrating because the game is slowly becoming unplayable. Lord forbid trying to do Moogle quests as that area takes days to load. =/

creid

Either my computer is about to go poof or SE has been having server side issues lately. I just put a new graphics card in my computer, now everything takes forever in a day to load. Logging in takes a while, it's not uncommon to be in a dungeon and have things like sound and actions lag, or have music just cut out completely, especially in 24-man instances... It's becoming frustrating because the game is slowly becoming unplayable. Lord forbid trying to do Moogle quests as that area takes days to load. =/
Got your drivers up to date?

Redx508

did you use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) before installing the new video card and driver?

Top Bottom