• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

So my Ast is I239 now. That's with everything fully upgraded lore +relic and a 230 lore ring. I may as well try to clear midas consistently so I can get a 240 ring that isn't lore, right?

That's weird, the exact same thing happened to me. I was logged in this morning without any issues, then I got disconnected and couldn't log back in. My Square Enix Software Token app didn't show me a One-Time password and instead acted like I had never set it up (asking for my username, date of birth, and confirmation code again). After using my Emergency code and removing One-Time Passwords, I was able to set it up again without any issues.

Wondering if something broke on their end, or if this is just a coincidence that it happened to both of us on the same day.
And it happened again today, so now I can't log in. Apparently you can only remove a One-Time Password once every 24-hours, so I have to wait for that timer to go away so I can remove it once and for all.

I wouldn't mind continuing to use the Software Token, but wow this is a terribly designed app. Both Google Play and IOS reviews kind of echoes my experiences so far in the past couple of days.

I finally cleared Nidhogg ex. I really panicked in phase 3.... like so hard. Thank god I had light speed ready for the last ahk morn and someone used tank lb because we would have been done otherwise. Hah, finally..... I feel like my clear is long overdue.

creid

And it happened again today, so now I can't log in. Apparently you can only remove a One-Time Password once every 24-hours, so I have to wait for that timer to go away so I can remove it once and for all.

I wouldn't mind continuing to use the Software Token, but wow this is a terribly designed app. Both Google Play and IOS reviews kind of echoes my experiences so far in the past couple of days.
Had you recently updated the token app, or your phone OS?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Really wish they had a one touch authentication like Blizzards.

Y7SYOLGP8KSI1465483702862.jpg

Omni

It would be nice if when you PF'd for a raid (say A5s), that it also put you into the raid finder. Right now you're stuck choosing between the two.

Queued for over an hour on my WHM the other day, plus another 30 today and nothing. Ended up making a PF. Which completely defeats the point

Squishy3

It would be nice if when you PF'd for a raid (say A5s), that it also put you into the raid finder. Right now you're stuck choosing between the two.

Queued for over an hour on my WHM the other day, plus another 30 today and nothing. Ended up making a PF. Which completely defeats the point
Well you could make a party finder group and then if you're missing just two or three people go into raid finder

Enthus

I haven't played or kept up with this game since a little after the Heavensward launch. Has SE or Yoshi-P said anything about improved textures/graphics in a future expansion/patch? I imagine that wouldn't happen until the PS3 is dropped, but I'm getting back into it now and some textures are ridiculously more low resolution than I remember.

aceface

Are you sure? This feature was ridiculously hyped up.

Yeah I'm sure. It's like saying duty finder is broken because I can't get coil T7 to pop in a solo queue. It's not broken, it's just that people actually have to queue for it to pop. I guess raid finder works fine in Japan but in NA there's not enough people willing to pug Midas with randoms. At least in PF you can lay out the parameters of the party and talk with people before you go in. Start or join an A5S learning party on PF and see if it fills up.

Are you sure? This feature was ridiculously hyped up.
It's a great feature, it's just that the western servers lack the mentality to use it properly. Plus it came too late into a really-hard-to-pug tier. I'm told japanese servers have basically stopped doing PF raid parties and just use the raid finder instead.

Either way the feature is worth just because I won't have to fucking go to the Hinterlands to enter Alex ever again.

Vic_Viper

Ok just installed and started playing for the first time in forever. Almost level 40. Is there a good guide to check out that will help get me back into the mix? Is there a good way to go back through the basics again so I can relearn how to play pretty much? Should I just start a new Class maybe? Playing Ninja atm, really want to play a Dark Knight when im able to unlock him. Do I need to reach the Heavensward content to do so, thatll take forever lol.

ebil

It's a great feature, it's just that the western servers lack the mentality to use it properly. Plus it came too late into a really-hard-to-pug tier. I'm told japanese servers have basically stopped doing PF raid parties and just use the raid finder instead.

Either way the feature is worth just because I won't have to fucking go to the Hinterlands to enter Alex ever again.
I still don't get why they didn't put Nidhogg Ex in there. It would have been a much more accurate way to gauge the interest for Raid Finder on our Data Centers, and I'm pretty sure content that was actually new when RF was implemented would have been more successful than Midas Savage.

I still don't get why they didn't put Nidhogg Ex in there. It would have been a much more accurate way to gauge the interest for Raid Finder on our Data Centers, and I'm pretty sure content that was actually new when RF was implemented would have been more successful than Midas Savage.
Yup. And when 3.4 hits we'll supposedly have cross-server PF so people won't really use it for the next tier either.

Ok just installed and started playing for the first time in forever. Almost level 40. Is there a good guide to check out that will help get me back into the mix? Is there a good way to go back through the basics again so I can relearn how to play pretty much? Should I just start a new Class maybe? Playing Ninja atm, really want to play a Dark Knight when im able to unlock him. Do I need to reach the Heavensward content to do so, thatll take forever lol.

Yes, you have to reach Heavensward. My best advice is to play Gladiator to level 22 at the least to get Provoke, and play some of the earlier content before jumping into the level 30 stuff (expansion jobs start at lvl 30). I've healed Dark Knight tanks who have clearly never played another tank before and jumping into content with a role you've never played before is not a good idea.

If you want any beginner tips I can help out here and there, tanking is my main role and Dark Knight is also my main job

Ixian

I just did that one last night and wasn't a fan of it either; probably because combat as a solo Scholar is boring though. At least the main story quests in general are much better overall! So far I've been avoiding the side quests and just supplementing my MSQ action with my daily roulettes, but I know I'm gonna have to do some of them later for my aether currents.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fingers crossed for tomorrow's patch. I really hope that Deep Dungeon is fun to get through multiple times, because if not I'm probably out until 3.4.

creid

I just did that one last night and wasn't a fan of it either; probably because combat as a solo Scholar is boring though. At least the main story quests in general are much better overall! So far I've been avoiding the side quests and just supplementing my MSQ action with my daily roulettes, but I know I'm gonna have to do some of them later for my aether currents.
The sidequests give such miniscule xp. You might be better off grabbing some of the beast tribe dailiy quests instead - they give a little bit more.

Squishy3

yeah now that you mention it i guess the novelty overshadowed the bad design

has there been any word on rewards for deep dungeon?
They do this kind of thing again where you go through a few of the dungeons you've already been through in the MSQ and it's not like the one where you go through Halatali and go back and forth, you just work your way towards the end of the dungeon like normal.

Top Bottom