• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

studyguy

2a910ac7be.jpg
RIP Savage

WolvenOne

Went in earlier, and Normal mode was DESTROYING people. That said, yeah it's a grind, it was obviously always going to be a bit of a grind. This isn't an intricately constructed trial like an Extreme Primal or Coil or whatnot.

Thing is, a lot of players need something to grind on. So that's not a bad thing.

iammeiam

It's pretty much just a map where you can do hunt mobs nonstop for an hour and a half, without the guarantee of something useful at the end of it. Once the novelty of pink i210 wears off it's pretty much only going to be good for gathering.

aceface

Except I'm not surprised and nothing I've heard from anybody who has done hard mode has indicated that it's anything significantly better or more involved? The structure doesn't change, everything just has more HP and takes longer with better loot. I'm not surprised, but I know there were people claiming that Diadem would be the 'meat' of the patch and all signs point to it being extremely limited.

Anyone know if there are different maps for the different difficulty levels? Post a few above your seemed to imply that.

WolvenOne

Normal wasn't draining, cause even trash gear can be exchanged for currency that you can put towards legit loot. Like Tier 5 Materia, and that pegasis mount.

Now gathering is kinda annoying, since monsters see through stealth, but still.

PS: Preformed parties can Need.

studyguy

Well how lucky do you need to get?
You need a piece for your role... and with good stats... and 210... and win the greed roll.
Plus the entire thing probably drains your soul faster than liquid booty.

Still better chance of doing that than getting my static excited for Savage 4

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oh god I just entered the Diadem and my soul is already dying.
Beats beating my face against the same one phase of Thordan I suppose.

WolvenOne

Stat wonks are gonna grind forever for those perfect secondaries.

That, and as I've said before, I want to build up stacks of Tier 5 Crit, Accuracy, and Skillspeed materia's. Those are going to be important come 3.2, when all the new armor has materia slots. Mind you, I'm going to pace myself a bit on that particular grind.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Spoke too soon. We found a Rank Star Brachiosaurus and he crashed the exploration with no survivors.

So anyone here clear Thordan yet? I tried for about 2 hours in pf and gave up, probably will do with fc.

Elysium did.

Squishy3

Can you get titles from Lord of Verminion? I can't check until after work.
Yes. Prince/Princess of Vermilion and Lord/Lady of Vermilion. Three minions also come from achievements, the penguin is from completing 4 tournaments with double digit victories, Clockwork Twintania is from completing all 24 of the challenges, and Shalloweye (A deepeye) is from winning 50 player battles. Titles are 100 and 300 victories in player battles respectively.

Jeels

Yes. Prince/Princess of Vermilion and Lord/Lady of Vermilion. Three minions also come from achievements, the penguin is from completing 4 tournaments with double digit victories, Clockwork Twintania is from completing all 24 of the challenges, and Shalloweye (A deepeye) is from winning 50 player battles. Titles are 100 and 300 victories in player battles respectively.

How difficult is the tournament one? I'd imagine the tournaments are like TT tournaments where they are only offered once every two weeks...so two months until penguin?

iammeiam

I mentioned this in FC chat earlier.

There's currently a bug involving retainers. If you accept a queue pop while your retainer is summoned, your retainer goes on extended vacation or something and you cannot summon them again. It sounds like your retainer will be gone until they apply a hot fix to address the bug itself, so don't do it.

RPGCrazied

Do you make sure to do your Chocobo challenge log every week? I've heard that made leveling them a breeze after they were added.

Didn't know they had one. Lol. Been playing for like 6 months now and still don't know all the systems yet.

Ken

Didn't know they had one. Lol. Been playing for like 6 months now and still don't know all the systems yet.

Yeah, check up on that since the XP from logs is scaled to level. Probably a good chunk of a level per week just completing it...maybe.

Other option is to stable it and feed it Krakka roots forever.

Sifl

Yea gave Thordan another hour, went a little better then the last runs but not much. I was doing pretty bad at dodging a certain mechanic, mainly because I'm have trouble seeing it.

aceface

I will probably do void ark tonight but can't make it at 8 if anyone wants to come around 9-10pm eastern on Ultros. I was gonna do exploration first but I guess GAF hasn't unlocked the hard island yet so it can wait.

In the meantime come check out my awesome glamour by the summoning bell!

Teknoman

I will probably do void ark tonight but can't make it at 8 if anyone wants to come around 9-10pm eastern on Ultros. I was gonna do exploration first but I guess GAF hasn't unlocked the hard island yet so it can wait.

In the meantime come check out my awesome glamour by the summoning bell!

Now 9-10pm EST I can do (8pm-9pm CST) is more manageable.

Qvoth

can anyone confirm that A or S rank heavensward (or maybe even ARR?) hunts drop the new clan logs? because it's not actually mentioned in the patch notes but is what everyone is assuming

Xux

Did:

Void Ark: Pretty neat fights. Kinda easy but whatever. Got a hand piece for my Monk and I'm kinda sad I don't have a good reason to run it again this week.

Vanu Vanu Daily Quests: Pretty standard Beast Man quests. They let you do six on the first day which is nice.

Arboretum: Pretty pretty. I'd believe you if you told me this was what the art team was working on for four months. Some fun fights.

Exploration (Normal): Ehhhh...I doubt this'll keep my interest past getting the pegasus if that. I'm kinda dreading the Anima quests involving this place.

After dinner:

Pharos Sirius Hard Mode, Gold Saucer stuff, Level 50 roulette, Sastasha unsynced for light maybe

Squishy3

The best thing about Arboretum is it doesn't take away the dungeon music for the battle theme you've heard a million times like Pharos Sirius (Hard) does.

Teknoman

The best thing about Arboretum is it doesn't take away the dungeon music for the battle theme you've heard a million times like Pharos Sirius (Hard) does.

I thought after they released the first new dungeons with permanent music, that was just a thing that was default at this point? They went back with Pharos HM?

Top Bottom