• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
new crafted items are 185?
Is somebody fucking kidding me here.

iammeiam

Island Exploration is pretty much the mindless damage sponge grindfest it sounded like. The two hour cool down means it's not even great for spamming for eso since all objectives only gets you 40. Kind of okay for gathering I guess? But no mechanics on anything = snooze. Maybe HM with more NM pops would be better.

Patch of Not Saving The Game indeed.

The 2 new dungeons are pretty straight forward. My favorite is the other one. Pharos sucks as much as I thought it would. The music is great though. I enjoyed the Pharos remix, and then they teased Construct 8 in front of my face-missing FFT already :(

The 2nd boss of Pharos is also harder than the final lol

It seems like all the new dungeons have some outside mob mechanic though I've noticed. They were all pretty simple to tank though. I also noticed that all the bosses seem to hit a bit harder than other dungeons.

and those Mudras I said god damn. Shit is buttery smooth for me now.

I think I'll enjoy island exploration for a little while as well. Suppose I'll try void ark later.

BadRNG

How are the Mudras now? D:
I logged on for a few minutes to test them out, they are pretty amazing now. I'm completely baffled as to why they were not done like this from the get go. Incredibly smooth, and queue into each other properly.

Might have to level NIN to 60 at some point now.

Ayumi

Still waiting for Square to reply to my ticket about my account... ; A ;
(Replaced my phone, forgot to remove the security token, didn't write down the Emergency Password either.)

I would call NA or EU but they stated they don't do JP support due to lack of account management access.
SE JP customer support has no phone number, apparently, and the live chat they advertised can't be found anywhere.

So I'm just sitting here while my subscription is being wasted, while waiting for them to reply. And between all of this, they decide to mail me a "WERE WE HELPFUL? PLS FILL OUT DIS SURVEY". Sigh. They replied, and told me to read the FAQ. And that was after I had already stated that I did read it and that I needed their manual help to fix my issue. I had to make another ticket (because they don't have an open ticket system), where they then asked for my photo ID, which I sent, but never received a reply to either.

Japanese customer support is usually extraordinary good, so this sucks even more because I'm not used to it, haha. But I've waited many days now..

I'm just salty about how long it takes since I literally re-subbed 2 days before I lost access to my account.
Edit: Besides, I've been playing Blizzard games for the last year, and you can always get hold of them immediately.

Ken

Void Ark's ok. I'm kind of bummed how non-existent the storytelling is in the actual raid outside of "wow, voidsent everywhere." Seems like a wasted opportunity to show more of the world lore, especially that of an Era way before the current one, but I said the same thing about Crystal Tower wasting the chance to give Allagans an original identity and served as just a vessel for FF fanservice.

That derrière though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Still waiting for Square to reply to my ticket about my account... ; A ;
(Replaced my phone, forgot to remove the security token, didn't write down the Emergency Password either.)

I would call NA or EU but they stated they don't do JP support due to lack of account management access.
SE JP customer support has no phone number, apparently, and the live chat they advertised can't be found anywhere.

So I'm just sitting here while my subscription is being wasted, while waiting for them to reply. And between all of this, they decide to mail me a "WERE WE HELPFUL? PLS FILL OUT DIS SURVEY". Sigh. They replied, and told me to read the FAQ. And that was after I had already stated that I did read it and that I needed their manual help to fix my issue. I had to make another ticket (because they don't have an open ticket system), where they then asked for my photo ID, which I sent, but never received a reply to either.

Japanese customer support is usually extraordinary good, so this sucks even more because I'm not used to it, haha. But I've waited many days now..

I'm just salty about how long it takes since I literally re-subbed 2 days before I lost access to my account.
Edit: Besides, I've been playing Blizzard games for the last year, and you can always get hold of them immediately.
I'm guessing that you tried using the special form for removing the security token from your account? (link)
It requires you to give a lot of personal information, so regular support ticket probably won't do the trick.

Authenticator are a tricky business, because they must verify that you're the real owner of the account. In Blizzard's case, they usually just want a photo of your ID etc.

Ayumi

I'm guessing that you tried using the special form for removing the security token from your account? (link)
It requires you to give a lot of personal information, so regular support ticket probably won't do the trick.

Authenticator are a tricky business, because they must verify that you're the real owner of the account. In Blizzard's case, they usually just want a photo of your ID etc.

Yeah, that's the form I used (I did it twice actually, since they e-mailed me and referred me to the FAQ. So I wasn't sure if they then had automatically marked my shit as solved, or just discarded it). Actually, I probably sent them 2-3 tickets in total. But I think that one should be fine, so all I gotta do is wait, I guess. They gave me a ticket number so I'm just... waiting. ; w ;

Tiops

I logged on for a few minutes to test them out, they are pretty amazing now. I'm completely baffled as to why they were not done like this from the get go. Incredibly smooth, and queue into each other properly.

Might have to level NIN to 60 at some point now.

That's really awesome to hear. No more fucking lagomorphs on my head.

squadr0n

Is there a new or more efficient way to level a secondary job nowadays? Im sitting on a bunch of quests that I cant turn in yet on my level 39 NIN and getting tired of running the same dungeons over and over. Thats also with around 53% exp boost.

Btw, how did they change Mudras? Haven't logged in a few days to see for myself. Anything major or is it just subtle timing differences?

jorgeton

Void ark was pretty fun. Wiped four times to the killer taint (lol) but the group was surprisingly civil and hilarious. Got some new MNK pants too.

I'm glad SE kept the gimmicky group mechanics to a minimum.

Cmagus

I managed to finish main story and it was alright I guess
The Warrior of Darkness was pretty cheesy though I couldn't take it seriously with the faces they were making and same goes for the vault priest it looked so bad but so funny
. Void Ark was pretty good, certainly the shortest of the raids but in a good way I think. I found it was definitely the easiest of all the raids as well but it seems interesting. I find that farming that wouldn't be so bad.

WolvenOne

Tried both Void Ark and the, Diadem before getting a few winks before work. And both were pretty fun. It'll take me awhile to get good gear out of the Diadem, but I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

Gonna need to stock up on materia for 3.2 methinks. XD

Frumix

Suffering From Success
RldSuKS.png

O tempora, o mores.

Anybody unlock Diadem (Hard)? How is it?

We did. It's a pretty huge area you get to explore. You can gather at different islands but beware, the monsters aggro instantly and Stealth is useless, you'll need someone to distract them if you want to get stuff at times. The monsters are super spongey though. Sometimes when finding a treasure chest, you can spawn s rank type monsters be examining something else that might pop up next to it as well.

Island Exploration is pretty much the mindless damage sponge grindfest it sounded like. The two hour cool down means it's not even great for spamming for eso since all objectives only gets you 40. Kind of okay for gathering I guess? But no mechanics on anything = snooze. Maybe HM with more NM pops would be better.

Patch of Not Saving The Game indeed.
"I only played the easy mode and am shocked that it's easy."

Talaysen

I'm still trying to understand how. It seems you need to send the airship to sector 21 or 22 again and the diadem hard could be randomly discovered.. but it's not 100% confirmed.

That's how I got it. I had an airship going to sectors 20-22 before patch, unlocked it right after logging in. The message came up at the end (after sector 22) so it might be that one specifically, but I can't confirm for sure.

WolvenOne

Apparently Qarn HM is currently bugged and cannot be completed right now. <_<;;

The seize debuff you temporarily get during the last boss no longer falls off, ever.

iammeiam

"I only played the easy mode and am shocked that it's easy."

Except I'm not surprised and nothing I've heard from anybody who has done hard mode has indicated that it's anything significantly better or more involved? The structure doesn't change, everything just has more HP and takes longer with better loot. I'm not surprised, but I know there were people claiming that Diadem would be the 'meat' of the patch and all signs point to it being extremely limited.

Top Bottom