• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
from Hezkezl via /r/ffxiv/ sent just now
show parent
I said 'might not drop', and I'll admit I have absolutely nothing to base that on. I saw the vendor selling them and jumped to an assumption that they wouldn't drop from Thordan :\ But it's likely to be like Bismark/Ravanna, where a weapon drops and a token
Yeah that guy is just dumb.

Zomba13

Dungeon set item, too. So time to glamour.

tumblr_nxkusxtCCt1sgrnkgo4_250.png

Much better than Black or Gold.

Oooooooh.

Still want Livia's white one though.

EDIT:
4EdMeoW.png

Welp. I get my wish.

Placeholders likely, or something you get if you dispel the attached glamor.

Or they are just doing another copy/paste because clearly these armors haven't been used enough. In fact I would guarantee that is all they are, they're not about to go the extra mile with 4man dungeon gear or random stat aetherial shit.

BadRNG

Are the Thordan weapons dyable? Guessing not but who knows...

I thought Parry was not completely useless for DRKs because of Low Blow/Reprisal procs?
Parry's use for DRK is the same flavor as the other tanks, just instead of RNG defense you get some RNG offense too. If you could get it to an insanely high % it'd be good for main tanking purpose, at least on fights with a lot of physical damage. But you can't so. It's still too RNG a thing to be worth it.

Should make Darkside allow parrying magic attacks, and increase base parry on DRK, then maybe it'd start to be worth. It's pretty messed up DRK is the "parry tank" when WAR and goddamn DRG got better parry cooldowns.

Omni

Hmm, I don't really like the Thordan WHM cane. Depends if it glows or something I suppose :p But I'll probably stick to the Ravana one for glamour.

Bard weapon looks pretty cool though

MrHoot

I'm almost sad we didnt get more backstory on the heaven's wards. Would've been fun. I'm hoping in general they flesh out further antagonists and make them less typically evil, especially on the garlean side since there's much promise there for varied characters

Zomba13

Are the Thordan weapons dyable? Guessing not but who knows...

Parry's use for DRK is the same flavor as the other tanks, just instead of RNG defense you get some RNG offense too. If you could get it to an insanely high % it'd be good for main tanking purpose, at least on fights with a lot of physical damage. But you can't so. It's still too RNG a thing to be worth it.

Should make Darkside allow parrying magic attacks, and increase base parry on DRK, then maybe it'd start to be worth. It's pretty messed up DRK is the "parry tank" when WAR and goddamn DRG got better parry cooldowns.

I think DRK should have had a trait that lets it parry magic attacks. If they wanted to make DRK the go to tank for magic attacks and want us to have parry then why not? It'd make DRKs stand out a bit more. And if they wanted DRK to be parry tank (like PLD is the block and WAR is the drowning in hp one) then why not give us some better parry cooldowns? Just something to make parry more worthwhile.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Beat Void Ark. Not quite sure what my opinion is just yet. But I laughed so much because of the other people in the game. So that's something :p

How much does it cost? I don't really do GS stuff. Bleh

14 MGP for the contest ones
A bit over 9k for the curls

Top Bottom