• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

I thought after they released the first new dungeons with permanent music, that was just a thing that was default at this point? They went back with Pharos HM?
Pharos has the battle theme, unfortunately. Sucks because the new track is nice.

Also doing exploration. This fucker, right here.

UezW4Rx.jpg

Omni

Well! Played a lot today. Did Void Ark and the two new dungeons. Really enjoy Arboretum. Gorgeous too. Pharos is okay but nothing particularly special, I think. Can't wait to try healing through them (was on my Bard with the guys I was with. Still had a lot of fun though). Only complaint would be that the enemies seem a little spongy, maybe.

I'm missing the new ones they just added, the beastman ones and a couple others. http://www.xiv-minions.com/user.php?name=Kagari+Asuha&server=Ultros

I actually can't express out jealous I am. Haha. I have 26 I think

MrHoot

Did a bit today. Don't have ilevel170 yet tho for the new dungeons so I zoned around the gold saucer like a compulsive gambler.

Reaaaally like the new weekly challenges for it. Also verminion seems cool but i absolutely SUCK at RTS management so it might get a bit used to. However my lala now stays mostly near the two new minigames just outside the verminion square. They're incredibly addictive and the ability to do "Double or nothing" makes me excited. In general though I love that the gold saucer is becoming my go-to place to relax and have fun, like an actual amusement/gambling park would I guess

Other than that like the little additions here and there.

Information about Nexus weapon quests/Zeta: seems the light value for the quest has been doubled according to this. Curious to get reports from you guys too if you're all doing the quest. In any case it seems that the last cumbersome steps of the old relic weapons have been made significantly easier, especially since Unsynced is allowed now

Jeels

So today I did the exploratory voyages, void ark, and the Sea of Clouds beast tribes. :) Man, really hits home the Heavensward/sky/pirate/flying theme. Really feels like there's a whole world up above the lands of A Realm Reborn.

Also hats off on all the music. There hasn't been a patch yet where I have loved every track.

aceface

Void ark was fun, post void ark cut scenes were excellent.

Seems like second boss in void ark is going to be the hardest since I don't believe that most people pay attention to buffs on the boss.

Wazzy

Banned
Tried out Thordan EX with some PF group and sadly we only could make it to the part where the tanks need to separate the two adds so they don't tether. At that point the tanks kept dying. Still was a bunch of fun to try out the fight and learn parts of it.

Wilsongt

If you want to get a zeta, might as well do it now. Two unsynced Satasha NM give full lights. So that's 24 runs at about 5 - 6 minutes each.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, finished up the storyline for this patch. Achievement is called "So it Goes." That's about right. 5 months for that?

Pitiful.

After a couple of lockouts, the FC group I ran with had gotten Thordan EX to 43 percent. I figure if we had gone on for another hour or two, we would have gotten it down a few times. I made more mistakes at the end of the second lockout but that's what I get for trying to do that while short on sleep.

MechaX

Decided to finish the MSQs first.

That's an... interesting new look for Thancred I guess.

I feel like not a lot happened on this one. The Ishgard priests do a halfbaked coup, the Ascians continue to be cryptic, and the Warriors of Darkness are literally the CGI people. Kinda makes me wonder if this is some time loop shenanigans where your Warrior of Light is the true one after the past Warrior of Darkness/es tried the exact same shit and fucked up. I dunno, I am still kinda interested in Urianger and Elidbus's main plan when considering that they may diverge from the other Ascians.

I am totally calling Lahabrea still being alive in... Nidhogg or whatever the fuck he was sucked into I guess.

I am not quite happy about the party completely neglecting to ask Krile what in the FUCK even happened on that island.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
MSQ was a huge disappointment, as always.
Game's a joke at this point. I think if we don't manage to piece together a raiding group any time soon that'll be that for me, for real this time. Don't wanna spend hours upon hours in the Diadem.

dcye

First time I'd played the game for about 3 weeks other than raid logging, can't say I enjoyed much of it but didn't get a chance to go into the Void Ark or touch the MSQ, basically only did the new dungeons which were boring even on the first run through.

At least we'll get the bump for A4S clears now. Hunts4lyf.

Ken

Yeah, those dropped from normal missions departed from Foundation.

I thought Diadem was pretty fun but it's probably super dependent on having a fun group, but I suppose that applies to any content with in the sandbox-style of gameplay.

Omni

What is the Determination stat value? This is my character:

Swy3LP.png

Levelling up I didn't really take notice of it, to be honest. I just assumed Mind was the main stat that affected my heals. However the description for Determination says the same thing... so I'm a little confused. If I have two pieces of gear, one with Det and another without, should I be prioritising the one with it over the other?

I feel like 3.1 is full of music that Yoshida should have said "pls recompose". Which is unusual to me since the quality is usually pretty amazing. That Void Ark final boss music especially is crappy.

Top Bottom