• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Chille

Depends on your level! This is primarily where I leveled my drk in the last week or so to 60 outside of duty roulettes. It makes some great exp because a whole run at level 56-59 is like almost 3 million exp. Also, you get to work on your i235 in the meantime. I'm at 10 palace clears now and I'm nearly done my 2nd weapon. Basically... you are getting a lot out of palace and even capping currency.

Dat some bad rng, I'm on my 4th weapon and had 12 clears.
Co5Y-b8XgAQII_4.jpg

Coyuf4TW8AEGe3q.jpg

CoA4s9OWgAAfezg.jpg

Wagram

New event and with it comes 222 more FATEs. What a great director Naoki Yoshida is.

When will they admit FATEs were a terrible idea?

Wonder if there will be some fates that change areas like in GW2 IIRC.

Like you could do a FATE to take over a camp and turn it into an NPC area, maybe with some stuff you can only buy/get there while it's under allied control.

I would like to see more FATES that are started by players.

I dislike how you have to wait around sometimes. There are already FATES that can be started by talking to an NPC so I'd like to see more of those so you aren't at the mercy of the timer.

Guess Who

Banned
FATEs are great when just taken as random things that can happen in the world. They suck when you are required to do them and are stuck waiting for them to pop.

Dat some bad rng, I'm on my 4th weapon and had 12 clears.
Co5Y-b8XgAQII_4.jpg

Coyuf4TW8AEGe3q.jpg

CoA4s9OWgAAfezg.jpg

Holy crap..... you're lucky if anything. I'm at 28-30 now on my 2nd weapon. I still have to do another run and it is incredibly frustrating! I did get one upgrade from like floor 5 but after that it was never again until 41-50. I don't understand. I like palace sometimes but more often than not... it frustrates me when you get an incompetent party. Just got my 11th clear earlier..... and super bad rng. Also, I'm incredibly disappointed I took the blm weapon for my first clear. It is literally shite and I already swapped it out for lore. But wow... 12 clears and 4 weapons? Give me your damn rng! xD

Edit: I'm not fantasiaing into a lalafell for good rng. F that.

ebil

Like you could do a FATE to take over a camp and turn it into an NPC area, maybe with some stuff you can only buy/get there while it's under allied control.

I dislike how you have to wait around sometimes. There are already FATES that can be started by talking to an NPC so I'd like to see more of those so you aren't at the mercy of the timer.
It feels like they went half the way towards what you're suggesting when they implemented the Redbelly Hive and Highbridge FATEs (NPCs from Highbridge can get captured, you turn a closed-off enemy stronghold into a zone where you can go freely) but never went anywhere relevant with it.

I would love world events with gameplay consequences like Besieged in FF11 but I'm not quite sure how they could pull it off successfully with the modern MMO crowd in mind to be honest.

Sifl

Never, because they're not. Whether or not drowning us in them is a terrible idea or not is a different question though.
The answer is yes btw.

The events and the relic quests are indefensible with how little effort they put into designing them, and how they boil down to standing around waiting for "events that make the world feel alive" to spawn, and doing my roulettes everyday till I get 30000 esos or whatever the number is.

Sifl

That feel when no one is ever doing fates in at area when im getting on
You could take other people's suggestions and try PoD. Only reason why I didn't is it takes around 2 hours or more each 1-50 run (Unless you get a group that wants to rush through everything) and I'm not a fan of it. I went from 30-33 Dark Knight in one 1-50 run, which is ok xp wise, I guess? Not sure how much xp you receive once you reach higher levels.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hit level 60 and could finally get the last quest and Fire 4. Too bad I need to item level 142. Hopefully ill be able to get a 235 weapon from palace of the dead by my second dungeon clear. The first 30 levels are such a bore because no chest gives you upgrades.

Squishy3

Hit level 60 and could finally get the last quest and Fire 4. Too bad I need to item level 142. Hopefully ill be able to get a 235 weapon from palace of the dead by my second dungeon clear. The first 30 levels are such a bore because no chest gives you upgrades.
the vendor in azys lla sells 150 gear, bam you're good to go for that and neverreap and fractal

Chille

Holy crap..... you're lucky if anything. I'm at 28-30 now on my 2nd weapon. I still have to do another run and it is incredibly frustrating! I did get one upgrade from like floor 5 but after that it was never again until 41-50. I don't understand. I like palace sometimes but more often than not... it frustrates me when you get an incompetent party. Just got my 11th clear earlier..... and super bad rng. Also, I'm incredibly disappointed I took the blm weapon for my first clear. It is literally shite and I already swapped it out for lore. But wow... 12 clears and 4 weapons? Give me your damn rng! xD

Edit: I'm not fantasiaing into a lalafell for good rng. F that.

Sorry i meant I'm working on my 4th weapon. I normally clear floor 1-10 about 2 or 3 times then grind to final boss, get a 20/20+ weapon then on next clear just grind through it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

That's actually untrue since the hotfix, any silver chest can give you an upgrade now, just at a low chance.

I think some FATEs are better with a timer like big boss one ala Svara line of FATEs or The Eyes Have It because of the fact it requires large amounts of people to beat them.

Teknoman

I think some FATEs are better with a timer like big boss one ala Svara line of FATEs or The Eyes Have It because of the fact it requires large amounts of people to beat them.

Yeah the best FATEs are the big boss battles that included reinforcements or the sequential ones.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Whoever designed this year's event is an exceptional asshole.
They seriously need at least a handful of actual players to look at things they come up with and tell them when it's dumb.

i was considering resubscribing another month so i could get the 'dab' looking emote from the quest asap. but guess i'll wait until my leves hit 99 next week.

makes an entertaining show on reddit and the OF though. Also remembered that i can view the eastern la noscea shout channels using GW website so...

edit: HAHA damn!!! balmung kids are on their knees at this point.

Apoptomon

Yeah that bag-a-bomb quest in the Moonfire Faire works so much better when there aren't level 60s one- or two-shotting everything in sight. The event FATE only takes like 1 minute too, and fives 5 tokens, so it doesn't take too long to get the prizes, at least.

In other news, it seems they're bringing back that NPC prose thing for this year's Rising. The first one seems to be about Mr Filthy Rats.

Sorian

Banned
Anyone who thinks that is standard behavior for FFXIV needs to pop into another MMO for a few minutes to see what it's really like.

Anyone who thinks that is standard behavior for FFXIV needs to pop into another MMO for a few minutes to see what it's really like.

Yeah, this is my first mmo and only. Sorry if I'm wrong about things.... :p There could just be a select few like that on FFXIV, you're right but Lamia is small and it is easy to single it out as a negative experience sometimes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is there really no better way to get levels in your 40s than grind levemetes in central coerthas highlands? this area is boring as hell and i have no quests in my log to complete :(

Top Bottom