• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

11_zpsavataih9.png

whew didnt know drama rolled like that. rip galen and red

ebil

Hi everyone, any fellow Gaffers on Ragnorak? Have come back after a fairly long hiatus. I stopped playing just before Heavensward came out so have loads to catch up on. Managed to convince a few friends to pick it up so was hoping to play with them but last night when they tried to make their characters they weren't able to create a new character on Ragnorak, does the new character lock get lifted every few hours or so or will it be locked for some time now?
I play on Ragnarok.

It's unlikely that they will be able to create a new character during busy EU hours, tell them to try again later (late night, mornings) and it'll eventually unlock.

I play on Ragnarok.

It's unlikely that they will be able to create a new character during busy EU hours, tell them to try again later (late night, mornings) and it'll eventually unlock.

Yeah got 4 friends trying to make characters now and they can't make them on Ragnarok. How long does the reset take rough does it update every few hours?

How does the Recruit a friend campaign work? If I gave them codes would that reserve them a slot on my server?

Guess Who

Banned
Yo, UltrosGAF. I could use some advice on something market board-related.

Let's say I'm considering a server transfer to Ultros. Right now I'm on a relatively small server, Adamantoise. But I have about 3.4mil gil that I don't want to lose in the transfer. What should I invest my extra 2.4mil gil in to recoup on the market board after the transfer? Allagan pieces are the obvious choice but they are selling for a good bit above their vendor value on the Adamantoise MB and there's not enough of them. Clusters, maybe?

Jeels

Let's say I'm considering a server transfer to Ultros. Right now I'm on a relatively small server, Adamantoise. But I have about 3.4mil gil that I don't want to lose in the transfer. What should I invest my extra 2.4mil gil in to recoup on the market board after the transfer? Allagan pieces are the obvious choice but they are selling for a good bit above their vendor value on the Adamantoise MB and there's not enough of them. Clusters, maybe?

You can make a dummy character on Ultros (or ask someone you know on Ultros) to check MB prices of major items and compare them to the prices on you server.

Alternatively, if you know you are going back to Adamantoise. You can create a mule character and, via an intermediary, give all your gil to that mule.

Valor

Good things to possibly invest in would be materia since their prices are usually rather stable. Maybe minions? Furniture? Not sure otherwise.

Thorgal

at this point i have ran Ravana ex farm so many times i can do that entire fight with my eyes closed .

I have also been signing Ravana's song at work all day .

Send help.

Edit : Also His Japanese voice sounds so baddass when he does his ultimate .

CHANDORA-HAAAAAAAA!!

Sifl

See if people are selling clear demimateria 3's. They sell for 5k per if you sell to vendors. I usually get some of them when I desyn stuff bought from allied seals and sell for a little over that. Maybe 6-7k per. They sell pretty quick, but that might be because my server is a literal cesspool and a lot of people leave.

Brohan

So i bought this game together with my gf and for some reason almost all all servers are restricted (especially the ones that are supposed to be good)..

We are forced to choose from Moogle, Zodiark and Lich.

Which of the 3 is the best Choice? We would like a well populated server that speaks mostly english.

ebil

So i bought this game together with my gf and for some reason almost all all servers are restricted (especially the ones that are supposed to be good)..

We are forced to choose from Moogle, Zodiark and Lich.

Which of the 3 is the best Choice? We would like a well populated server that speaks mostly english.

None of these servers will fill your expectations. Zodiark and Lich aren't particularly well populated and Moogle, while decently populated, is mostly French with some British mixed in.

I'd honestly recommend Cerberus, Odin or Ragnarok. Try creating characters at odd hours, character creation will unlock eventually, but it'll be restricted during Prime Time.

Brohan

None of these servers will fill your expectations. Zodiark and Lich aren't particularly well populated and Moogle, while decently populated, is mostly French with some British mixed in.

I kind of had the feeling that this was the case... This really sucks..

Bought this game and dont even have the freedom to choose which server we want to play on.

Brohan

You can choose, just try creating your character later.

Like in the middle of the night? Kind of stupid that it has to be done that way and its not an option for us because we need to get up early in the morning for work.

Anyways.. What would be the better choice out of Lich and Zodiark?

ebil

Yeah, just avoid EU prime time and you'll be fine. I know plenty of people who recently created a character on Ragnarok, but you have to be patient and try at random hours.

ebil

Is ragnarok a good choice? It says legacy server.
Legacy server means absolutely nothing at this point.

Ragnarok is the most populated EU server. It's very mixed in terms of population and languages with people from all around the EU and Middle East as well. I'd definitely recommend it if you want to play on a populated server, but the other ones I mentioned are fine as well for what you're looking for.

Brohan

Legacy server means absolutely nothing at this point.

Ragnarok is the most populated EU server. It's very mixed in terms of population and languages with people from all around the EU and Middle East as well. I'd definitely recommend it if you want to play on a populated server, but the other ones I mentioned are fine as well for what you're looking for.

Thanks, Ragnarok is free atm so we will be creating chars on that server. Thanks alot for your help!

Thorgal

I am on Cerberus . if you want to give it a shot , i recommend trying past midnight .

It's usually how i got my characters on .

Server is always alive 24 /7 ( of course more active during prime time . )

Cerberus is home to pretty much players from all of europe and the main spoken language is English .

Server community is on the whole ,great .

90% of the time interaction with other people is Great .

sure once in a while i get a bad group that keeps wiping and people abandon but most of the time this only happens when it is clear proggress is not going to happen .

Also i can honestly say i have never encountered another player who Got so salty he started to Insult everyone in his group or telling them to Uninstall the game and/or kill themselves .

Cerberus is maybe not the greatest server around , but i am certainly happy on it .

/ end shameless Advertising .

Guys, a miracle happened and I got in the raid finder. We one shot a5s and it was hilarious. two chests but no healer gear. RNG just really hates me! At least I can get my ring next week.

Village

yo
Now that I am hokage

What is the fastest way from 30 to 50

If its dungeons that's fine, that's how it with the dragoon and DRK wanna know if fate grinding or anything else would help speed that up.

Sifl

yo
Now that I am hokage

What is the fastest way from 30 to 50

If its dungeons that's fine, that's how it with the dragoon and DRK wanna know if fate grinding or anything else would help speed that up.
Fate grind in central highlands while qued, you'll be qued for a while as a dps anyway.

Oh? How much does that ussually pay out?
exp wise

Depends on your level! This is primarily where I leveled my drk in the last week or so to 60 outside of duty roulettes. It makes some great exp because a whole run at level 56-59 is like almost 3 million exp. Also, you get to work on your i235 in the meantime. I'm at 10 palace clears now and I'm nearly done my 2nd weapon. Basically... you are getting a lot out of palace and even capping currency.

Jaeyden

Like in the middle of the night? Kind of stupid that it has to be done that way and its not an option for us because we need to get up early in the morning for work.

Anyways.. What would be the better choice out of Lich and Zodiark?

Maybe a little late but Zodiark is fine. Even the last census had Zodiark with one of the highest populations for a small server. It just doesn't have a massive hardcore raiding scene but if that's not what you're after you'll have a fine time on Zodiark. It's probably about 90% english speaking server also.

creid

Going like 10 FATEs in a row with no Yo-kai legendary medal drops is killer. Sucks that many of the zones don't have FATEs for characters in the high 30's, so I can't even do any decent AST leveling.

Omni

My i226 Bard is sitting on 470 accuracy right now. Mix of Weeping City and Midas normal gear. Whole point of getting the higher level gear from Weeping City was so I could run Nidhogg or Savage without taking a healer/tank spot and not be a complete burden. Pffft.

Doesn't even seem worth the ilevel increase most of the time

Zalasta

Going like 10 FATEs in a row with no Yo-kai legendary medal drops is killer. Sucks that many of the zones don't have FATEs for characters in the high 30's, so I can't even do any decent AST leveling.

Personally I like to switch zones when this happens. I've found that I get decent drop rates that way. It also helps to work on a few different minions at the same time (unless you're after a specific weapon only).

Guess Who

Banned
My i226 Bard is sitting on 470 accuracy right now. Mix of Weeping City and Midas normal gear. Whole point of getting the higher level gear from Weeping City was so I could run Nidhogg or Savage without taking a healer/tank spot and not be a complete burden. Pffft.

Making sure you meet acc cap is the worst part of gearing up tbh. Super frustrating when you have to choose between higher theoretical damage or not allowing the RNG to make your shots miss.

Making sure you meet acc cap is the worst part of gearing up tbh. Super frustrating when you have to choose between higher theoretical damage or not allowing the RNG to make your shots miss.

Accuracy as a stat is a dumb thing. It really should just be axed, all it does is make people need stats for no reason other than the game arbitrarily deciding you can't hit something. It only detracts and doesn't add to the fun of gearing at all.

creid

Personally I like to switch zones when this happens. I've found that I get decent drop rates that way. It also helps to work on a few different minions at the same time (unless you're after a specific weapon only).
Yeah, my drop rate seemed to go up after going to a different zone.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Accuracy as a stat is a dumb thing. It really should just be axed, all it does is make people need stats for no reason other than the game arbitrarily deciding you can't hit something. It only detracts and doesn't add to the fun of gearing at all.

Arguably that's the only thing that makes people think about stats at all. Otherwise it's just dump it all into the two you want.

Valor

I mean once you're 60 you need to start thinking about what pieces to target to get your accuracy where it needs to be if you want to run certain content with those classes. I dunno what's worse though, not having enough accuracy or having like 800 accuracy like my ninja has :x

Top Bottom