• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
is there really no better way to get levels in your 40s than grind levemetes in central coerthas highlands? this area is boring as hell and i have no quests in my log to complete :(

At 40? If there's no quests left, FATEs in Coerthas and Stone Vigil/Dzemeal Darkhold work; beast tribe quests; also check the waking sands, there's multiple side quest chains that start from there in the 40s that people usually miss.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
At 40? If there's no quests left, FATEs in Coerthas and Stone Vigil/Dzemeal Darkhold work; beast tribe quests; also check the waking sands, there's multiple side quest chains that start from there in the 40s that people usually miss.

thanks for the advice, i'll look into those

Ken

Hey, where do you exchange fir the ranger armor and poses?

Costa del Sol Moonfire Faire vendor.

You have to finish the event quest first to unlock them though.

---

Also Dead Server Ultros being dead server came in handy for once.

ffxiv_08052016_220751_zpsoop1kuqw.png

Squishy3

ARR beast tribes are pretty much pointless to do for leveling, the exp they give is terrible for how difficult they are when level appropiate.

Costa del Sol Moonfire Faire vendor.

You have to finish the event quest first to unlock them though.

---

Also Dead Server Ultros being dead server came in handy for once.

ffxiv_08052016_220751_zpsoop1kuqw.png

You should have been there right as the event started. 50+ people were there all attacking them at the same time, while everyone else got bored of trying to capture and started yelling in shout chat about how much they love/ hate Lightning

after about 20 runs of expert roulette i i finally got the chest piece for Monk .
<3 Last remnant .

ffxiv_dx112016-08-062r3jym.jpg

ffxiv_dx112016-08-0627akgq.jpg

Congrats! It's a nice looking piece. I've run at least 50 expert roulettes and I've never seen it drop. Lots of NIN and mage pieces though but I've found a better glamour now.

That piece is as rare as those sword looking monk weapons from the Vault.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Pretty eventful day. I was a tokusentai hero, got the coil achievement from binding t5, and beat a dungeon and a got 28/23 aetherpool. Just need one lucky run to get weapon or two. Because im not spending money on the chimera gear because its stats are the same/worst than my aug ironworks gear.

The end of the Heavensward storyline.

This might be the only thing to get me to come out of hibernation. At this point the storyline seems to be the only thing interesting going on. Or maybe wait until the patch before 4.0 comes out and race through the content.

I can't get a read on this...is PotD a good feature? Or Diadem part 2?

Sorian

Banned
This might be the only thing to get me to come out of hibernation. At this point the storyline seems to be the only thing interesting going on. Or maybe wait until the patch before 4.0 comes out and race through the content.

I can't get a read on this...is PotD a good feature? Or Diadem part 2?

No diadem part 2 yet, they didn't like how part 1 went at all so that's getting a full revamp at some point in the future.

Deep Dungeon is pretty good imo. Some find it boring but if you like a decent challenge, it can be found there depending on what you go in with plus the idea is interesting to play with a few times just to see how they can expand it (50 floors right now, first 100 are meant to be story-ish while the second 100 are challenge floors).

Ixian

I just started playing again recently and I find PotD kind of boring in terms of difficulty, but I actually kind of appreciate that (for now) because it means you can just shoot the shit with your party members and grind out EXP / weapons in a format that's at least more interesting than FATEs.

Guess Who

Banned
PotD isn't at all difficult until floors 41-50, and even then the difficulty comes more from the RNG deciding to fuck you over rather than it actually being hard to do.

It sucks when there's one thing you need for glamour in a dungeon, but it never drops.

I've been grinding away for the most of the day.

I'm going to be pissed if another plague bringer pants drops again.

Akainu

I'm in this dungeon and this punk healer tells me i'm not doing my job so I tell em off. And get kicked from the party. The same guy who let the tank die twice not even half way in the dungeon crawling up my ass when he can't keep the tank alive fuck all of them.

I'm in this dungeon and this punk healer tells me i'm not doing my job so I tell em off. And get kicked from the party. The same guy who let the tank die twice not even half way in the dungeon crawling up my ass when he can't keep the tank alive fuck all of them.

I've gotten kicked for being helpful a few times. This game has some hardarses and i'll keep saying that cause I know I am right. Just yesterday on Mhach, nobody wanted to tank the final boss so I decided to help out and main tank it. Sure, i'm not the best when tanking that boss but at least i'm the player that did it. I got some abuse because... well who the heck knows, but I am not taking that shite.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Got my neon purple staff from from potd. Got it from floor 20s on my thrid run and it bump me to 14ilvls to 146. Beat heavensward and a whole bunch a quests popped us. One of them is locked behind the second coil of bahamut. Boy is that gonna be fun waiting to queue for.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
4:00 – 5:30 - Letter From the Producer Live Part XXXI
Catch a glimpse of what's to come in the next patch with Patch 3.4 Preview Part 1

Welp, I guess 3.4 isn't until a couple weeks after TGS after all.

Stalk

Went to the eorzea cafe today, no pics yet (sure you have seen thousands). Lapsed player but really nice experience. Shocked at food quality, actually really nice!

IvorB

Anyone else left the game?

I'm actually doing a weird yo-yo thing at the moment. So I decided to take a break which was supposed to be a couple of months. But I ended up getting hyped for the patch and re-subbing then. But after playing for one evening I realised it was simply too soon and I was still really fatigued with the game. So I cancelled my sub and didn't play any more. Then this passed weekend when I had about two days left on the sub I decide to log in again and ended up having fun in Palace of the Dead want to continue. But I also want to keep playing The Division so I really don't know what I'm doing to be honest.

Top Bottom