• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Omni

Finished the new story quests..

Meh. Haha. I mean... I suppose they aren't terrible //shrug. I wasn't exactly excited about certain story elements either. Whole thing felt like it was made in a hurry.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So uh the launcher for the game seems to have broken or something.
owstT0m.png

LvGkViE.png
The one time it fully loaded I could enter my info, but it wouldn't let me login.

edit: Got it working, was a network issue on my end.

Sifl

I bet they're gonna nerf that tentacle boss in void ark. I've had 1 run where the timer almost ran out on final boss and 2 1 hour 30+ runs, all because of that boss. People just don't want to do the mechanics.

Sorian

Banned
I bet they're gonna nerf that tentacle boss in void ark. I've had 1 run where the timer almost ran out on final boss and 2 1 hour 30+ runs, all because of that boss. People just don't want to do the mechanics.

Sucks for those people.

aceface

What's the issue with that one? After the first it was probably the easiest one on the All GAF run we had. Mechanics seemed pretty simple, avoid tentacles, stand on platforms when obvious.

Also, if you ever wondered how to pronounce that boss's name you can check out this charming tune by Shane McGowan.

Squishy3

The group I did it with didn't even wipe on it, and it was everyone's first time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

They need to buff Void Ark. Too easy.
I remember they bragged how the new dungeons were supposed to be hard and they're Sastasha level in reality.

Sora_N

I didn't play for 4 months or so, resubbed and planned to play Nov and Dec at least.

I think it was a bad idea or something, but I can't find duties anymore and no idea where/how to level. Barely see people around anywhere.

I stopped at lvl 50 SCH cuz I didn't want to play healer anymore, and got a DRG up to 35. I decided to do a BLM instead but it's really hard to level if I do Duties. I'm stuck around level 20.

Maybe I should just keep going with DRG which I got to level 37 on the weekend.

Sifl

I don't think they should nerf it, it's just there's people not killing the towers, leaving the slimes in the aoe and getting shitted out, not running into orbs when they r standing next to them, standing in the poison, etc. Ironically, my first run took much less time around 2 hours after it came out. Every run after that has been a bunch of people derping.

tearsofash

I loved Void Ark. I was totally getting that H.R. Giger feeling off of it. I hope we get to explore more of that scenario. I haven't tried Thordan EX or Diadem yet, but I've finished everything else.

Glad to see hunts are not dead, as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thordan is fun.

Edit: After seeing the entire fight, it's really not bad as long as everyone is paying attention.

Omni

Attempted Thordan with some random people. Seemed fun though we only got him to 70 something percent... Haha.

Hope to clear it sooner rather than later so I'm not left in another Ravana Ex situation where I'm spending weeks just finding groups that will allow me to join with the bonus >.>

Patch has been keeping me away from Fallout 4 so there's that.

But boiling it down, there's not a whole lot in this patch I'll keep up with outside of Void Ark for the free twines and occasional Diadem. But hey, that's still new additions to my regular rotation of EXDR and A4S grind.

Fallout 4 isn't amazing or anything.

Bethesda clearly has no fucks left to give, it's literally 'Skyrim with a Fallout skin'. Even the music out in Commonwealth sounds like Skyrim's music. The conversation system basically turns the game into 'Mass Effect Lite' in terms of your character, the NPCs, and the chats you can have. Much like Shepard, you can no longer truly be evil when doing the main quest, you can be good or reluctantly good.

Anyways, it doesn't seem like 3.1's MSQ content is really in a quantity worthwhile to resub FFXIV for a month to play through. I might wait until 3.15 or 3.2 or whenever new Hildibrand content drops before I do a resub to do the story some more.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
All I remember him saying is that anyone who cleared Ravana EX would probably be able to clear it. Don't think he tried to say it was harder than A3S.

In one of the Japanese interviews he was asked the difficulty and said it was hard.
I think he said somewhere if you could beat A1 and 2 Savage you'd be fine... but honestly I thought the fight was easier than both.

Sorian

Banned
In one of the Japanese interviews he was asked the difficulty and said it was hard.
I think he said somewhere if you could beat A1 and 2 Savage you'd be fine... but honestly I thought the fight was easier than both.

Nothing is easier than A2S

Squishy3

Nevermind, he contradicts himself in his own answer. Not like A1S is exactly difficult as long as you have the DPS. Staggering the resin bombs is laughably easy.

From the Live Letter XXV Q&A session.

Yoshi P said:
This will be a different from The Minstrel’s Ballad: Ultima, and it will be closer to an “extreme” difficulty. I believe it will be more difficult than Ravana extreme. It’s at a difficulty that can be enjoyed by those who have cleared Alexander Gordias (Savage) area 1. Originally we had planned to created 13 phases since it was Knights of the Round, but ultimately we made 10. We adjusted the battle so that it would be easy to clear for the main scenario, but the Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign is closer to the original balance planned by the developers. There are really good weapons on tap as rewards, and I think this will help those that are currently stuck on Alexander Gordias (Savage) area 3 and 4. Naturally, this isn’t a raid, and it can be cleared by those that have not challenged savage.

aceface

Did Diadem for the first time tonight on normal and I thought it was awesome. Hunting for stars and high risk gathering were fun. Fighting the Brachiasaur was a riot, wiped everyone once with about 80 meteors, the second time there were only about 5 people left standing when it died. Got an i210 piece to drop from every gold treasure chest we spawned. Trying to beat some of these NM's on hard mode with a full gaf alliance is going to be something else. It has the potential to be the first somewhat hard 24-player content.

Jeels

So I appreciate the effort that went into Verminion but after playing the first tutorial I feel like it's something I can't enjoy.

Wagram

Soo....savage seems completely pointless now that Diadem and Thordan are out.

Oh well, they're making it easier for me to stay caught up despite going completely casual.

Soo....savage seems completely pointless now that Diadem and Thordan are out.

Oh well, they're making it easier for me to stay caught up despite going completely casual.
The entire point of this patch's gear is to let more casual players catch up to the bleeding edge raiders.

BadRNG

The entire point of this patch's gear is to let more casual players catch up to the bleeding edge raiders.
Yeah, this is literally what they do every single cycle. Raid with best gear patch > Casual junk to get raid level gear patch > New raid junk patch > repeat.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Went and got the /golddance. Time to make an appropriate Japanese pop idol glamour to go with it...

The lord of vermillion is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Its a great time killer in between ques for island exploration. It'd be nice if I could get something worth while from island exploration though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Does Gobtwine drop from chests in Void Ark? Must hae missed that. =x Then again, my group spent like an hour on the 2nd to last boss.

WolvenOne

Okay, so it took about three hours of queue time for me to get into Void Ark, once.

Was duty finder busted or something? Because Syrcus Tower and World of Darkness never took half that time at any point.

Ken

Does Gobtwine drop from chests in Void Ark? Must hae missed that. =x Then again, my group spent like an hour on the 2nd to last boss.

You should have received an item called Mchacha Farthing (?) in your inventory. If you had a full bag it'll fall to the floor and I'm not sure if you can get another one in the same week.

You take that item to Idyllshire and trade it with one of Rowena's girls.

Okay, so it took about three hours of queue time for me to get into Void Ark, once.

Was duty finder busted or something? Because Syrcus Tower and World of Darkness never took half that time at any point.

You should probably reset anything that queues longer than an hour.

Top Bottom