• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

ibwXUMkHdUevti.png

WolvenOne

Darn, new GPU and I still couldn't break 10K at maximum. Granted, probably more CPU limited then GPU limited at this point, and it seemed pretty darn smooth for the most part. Not really fond of the Au Ra faces; I'll probably stay miqote.

*Hides*

Guys, I figured out how to make a GTX 970 cry. It wasn't even that hard actually. It thinks it's a real hardass when I feed it 1080p, then I kick it up a notch to 4K and it just taps out and goes home to be a family man.

I'm not really willing to spend another $300 for a second GTX 970 to do SLI and honestly I don't like multi-GPU setups, having played with them before a few years back. Unfortunately it's likely that 4K with solid 60fps won't be doable until Nvidia Pascal in 2016 with a single GPU.

Squenix still needs to make the UI freely scalable anyways. I'll wait.

Hasney

Aw, I was hoping that victory picture would change based on the result, all the way down to a crying cat girl for very low.

Valnen

The end screen is so cool.

I'm on a 2GB 670 with an I7 3570k OCed at 4.2ghz. Settings are maxed with occlusion culling turned on as opposed to off, since I can't think of any reason you'd ever want it off to begin with. I'm not on the latest geforce drivers, gonna update those and see if it effects my score.

Tash

I hope the horns for the Au Ra won't be part of the actual face and that you can choose your own horns for the final version..

Unless this IS the final version, that would make me a sad Panda/Au Ra.
I only like one of the female faces but I really do not like the horns of that one..

Sandfox

So going with my current settings on DX11 I get 7140 vs 10,402 for DX9. I could overclock if I wanted to, but this should run pretty well.

Ken

Scholar AF doesn't look so bad in the results shot. I think WAR AF looks worse. Machinist is a little on the boring side.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Played around with character creator, ended up making an Au Ra that looks exactly like my Miqo'te right now. D'oh.
Dragoon AF2 is sexy on ladies in an eerie way, and all that without the belly window. Funny how that works.

Au Ra have some great hairstyles though.

But Yoshi is still a hack fraud.

Index files for game data are in a different format so you can't just hack it open with existing tools. Those crafty bastards!

BadRNG

heh, still had the 2.0 benchmark in my documents folder. The memories...

Xf4ovgw.jpg

My card didn't do so well. Really need to upgrade it at some point.

Still fooling around with the character creator, kind of bummed the horns and majority of the scales are linked to face rather than their own setting.

BadRNG

We get another fantasia with CE right? Might switch for Au Ra for a bit.

By the way, the fourth face on male Xaela looks so sad, it's hilarious. Got that droopy look.

I'll take dragon girls over cat skanks any day of the week
They all look the same, if you couldn't see the ears or horns how would you even know.

WolvenOne

Okay, from what I've discovered the two settings that'll give you the most performance are.

Occlusion Culling: On

And

Water Effects: Max (No Tesselation)

For some reason, even scenes with no visible water get much better frame rates with water Tesselation turned off. Granted it is a shame not to have it but I could barely tell the difference.

Valnen

DX11 is a much bigger performance hit than I thought it would be.

My most recent DX11 results.

Tested on: 4/27/2015 1:28:09 AM
Score: 7464
Average Frame Rate: 58.324
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 3.437 sec
Scene #2 16.221 sec
Scene #3 7.839 sec
Scene #4 7.032 sec
Scene #5 6.359 sec
Scene #6 3.336 sec
Total Loading Time 44.225 sec

DX9 results.

Tested on: 4/27/2015 1:39:02 AM
Score: 9948
Average Frame Rate: 82.279
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 5.065 sec
Scene #2 16.149 sec
Scene #3 6.487 sec
Scene #4 6.209 sec
Scene #5 6.492 sec
Scene #6 4.151 sec
Total Loading Time 44.555 sec

This is actually kind of disappointing. Makes me want to upgrade my video card to something newer.

We get another fantasia with CE right? Might switch for Au Ra for a bit.

By the way, the fourth face on male Xaela looks so sad, it's hilarious. Got that droopy look.

They all look the same, if you couldn't see the ears or horns how would you even know.

Always follow the tail

AndyBNV

Nvidia
dZOk98K.png

Go into Settings --> Other tab --> Allow looped testing without frame rate cap --> back out --> tick Loop on launcher --> Enjoy benchmark at max FPS and see what your system is truly capable of

Dandte

The female Aura faces bother me a lot, also i'm not sure if i can transfer the looks of my classes on them, since they all have some maritime-esque aspects

Directx9 works fine with, can play on near max settings and had an overall score of over 9000....nearly 10500. Directx11 caused a nuclear meltdown between my feets.

BadRNG

okotgi.png

He looks so happy.

For some reason, even scenes with no visible water get much better frame rates with water Tesselation turned off. Granted it is a shame not to have it but I could barely tell the difference.
There's always a setting or two you can turn off and not notice, yet have a huge performance boost.

Tash

It's actually harder to make a NON catgirl looking char with the Au Ra..totally fell into the trap of just making a pretty cat..basically..

mcKqSZx.png

So I decided to go totally different as much as I could and still create something I liked..not sure with which to go at all..

Xg4nxuG.png

VT5kz5T.png

Ken

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MA7AMKY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

How is that i7 option? I don't know computers.
Also is it easy to fit in a SSD? Dunno how customizable this thing is.

I like PS4 but I definitely wouldn't mind getting to try out WTFast or parsers again. Also hate being at the mercy of PSN outages/maintenance.

Are there any possibly better alternatives to these Steam Machine thingies I can check out before Heavensward?

dZOk98K.png

Go into Settings --> Other tab --> Allow looped testing without frame rate cap --> back out --> tick Loop on launcher --> Enjoy benchmark at max FPS and see what your system is truly capable of

Oh damn that Titan X score.

Oh since you're here Andy, what Gameworks features will be supported in FFXIV? I noticed HBAO+ is in, any chance of TXAA making it into the 3.0 client? Hairworks would be nice too, the hair clipping through everything is a notorious problem in FFXIV.

Also can you do a benchmark run in 4K, I want to see what the Titan X gets.

Zomba13

Is there a reason I can't use the DX11 settings in the benchmark? I've got a GTX780 3GB and as far as I know it's DX11 compatible.

EDIT: nvm. there was a tiny box I had to change before going into the settings.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Oh damn that Titan X score.

Oh since you're here Andy, what Gameworks features will be supported in FFXIV? I noticed HBAO+ is in, any chance of TXAA making it into the 3.0 client? Hairworks would be nice too, the hair clipping through everything is a notorious problem in FFXIV.

Also can you do a benchmark run in 4K, I want to see what the Titan X gets.

HBAO+ and far faster SLI support thanks to DX11 CPU improvements.

With DX9 max settings:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 27/04/2015 10:23:21
Score: 18056
Average Frame Rate: 158.965
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 2.283 sec
Scene #2 9.395 sec
Scene #3 4.370 sec
Scene #4 4.418 sec
Scene #5 3.941 sec
Scene #6 2.288 sec
Total Loading Time 26.699 sec

DAT:s20150427102321.dat

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
DirectX Version: 9
Graphics Presets: Maximum

With DX11 max settings (new effects, plus improved existing effects):

Tested on: 27/04/2015 10:35:52
Score: 21029
Average Frame Rate: 174.873
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 2.515 sec
Scene #2 9.890 sec
Scene #3 4.699 sec
Scene #4 7.761 sec
Scene #5 4.412 sec
Scene #6 2.224 sec
Total Loading Time 31.503 sec

DAT:s20150427103552.dat

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
DirectX Version: 11
Graphics Presets: Maximum

Can't run the benchmark at 4K because fullscreen 4K DSR is launching in a window, despite Fullscreen being ticked.

Zomba13

SOBwqSZ.png

Code:
Tested on: 27/04/2015 11:27:26
Score: 12539
Average Frame Rate: 98.412
Loading Times by Scene
  Scene #1	1.368 sec
  Scene #2	5.216 sec
  Scene #3	4.500 sec
  Scene #4	4.313 sec
  Scene #5	3.852 sec
  Scene #6	1.621 sec
Total Loading Time	20.871 sec

System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
16340.000MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (VRAM 3015 MB) 9.18.0013.5012

Everything on max.

EDIT: Some Au Ra
buNUDtd.png

Don't think I'll change but if I did it'd probably be to the purple one. I can foresee a lot of that super saiyan swagger going about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom