• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

What the actual hay happened in this thread?

Oh well. Nothing new here: I'm leveling up my Dragoon to 50 before Heavensward is out. I probably won't play it day one though: I'm seriously expecting a "patch day, no play" kind of thing, and frankly there will just be too many people at the same place at the same time, the game will probably be barely playable. I'll wait a couple of days before buying the extension and jumping in.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Tomat in Japanese means phat onion booty
It checks out

b001788e9a.png

Aselith

What the actual hay happened in this thread?

Oh well. Nothing new here: I'm leveling up my Dragoon to 50 before Heavensward is out. I probably won't play it day one though: I'm seriously expecting a "patch day, no play" kind of thing, and frankly there will just be too many people at the same place at the same time, the game will probably be barely playable. I'll wait a couple of days before buying the extension and jumping in.

The expansion would be less expensive now than at release with the preorder deals going around. Those'll probably end at or near launch.

The Early Access instructions have me confused for people who pre-ordered the PHYSICAL edition of Heavensward for PS4. Since after putting in your code you download what is presumably a small piece of the client, then on the 19th (after Early Access starts) you have to start up the game and then confirm some more information.

That leaves me with the impression that we don't be downloading the full client until we start up the game on the 19th to confirm our code (in the actual game client).

On the other hand those who pre-ordered the digital version will apparently be able to pre-download Heavensward data on the 17th.

Hope they clarify that at some point.

Are you guys for real right now

This is fucking stupid

The seal on the pre-order codes can only be broken with a blood sacrifice.

makes me sad :(

Just for reference.

Jack-O' Intro Animation

Jack-O' Win Animation

I'd like for them to release client sizes for the various versions at some point.

I know that PS4 games tend to have an inflated size in terms of the number of GBs they require on your HDD so I'd like to see what I'm getting myself into before hand since I have a bandwidth cap to worry about.

As of now we're 14 days away from Early Access.

I'm already thinking of things like how the Paladin's new abilities will affect how it plays.

The combos are obvious, Gore Blade will be used to apply and refresh the DoT when appropriate, Royal Authority is supposed to be the highest damage combo Paladin's will have now. However we don't know if there are any additional effects attached to it like a 10% slashing debuff for example like the one Warrior's get.

Then there's Clemency and Divine Veil. The synergy between these two is obvious, Divine Veil for the nearby party member shield upon being healed, and Clemency can presumably be used to activate this if the healer isn't able to for whatever reason. Although I'm wondering if this shield stacks from different sources, like can a healer heal the PLD along with Clemency to make a strong shield or will the stronger effect over-write the weaker one?

I suppose it might be too strong if both heals stacked so it's likely just whatever's strongest or whichever one is used last. Probably reserved for high damage boss attacks.

Sheltron, I don't know if this completely nullifies an attack or just automatically blocks it. Likely just a guaranteed block as complete nullification might be too strong.

Item Box

makes me sad :(

y'all need to believe in direct x 11 and tessellation

Sheltron, I don't know if this completely nullifies an attack or just automatically blocks it. Likely just a guaranteed block as complete nullification might be too strong.

Sheltron is just gonna be a guaranteed shield block. kinda weird to have this when we already have bulwark, and to regain MP of all things for a paladin seems weird, unless some of the new abilities use a ton of it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You're just embarrassing. You brought this shit pile here and now don't even have the decency to try and sweep it up.

As for Nael, there isn't exactly a gender-neutral equivalent in English. "He" is actually a relatively gender neutral pronoun in the language and has been used as one for some time. Man and men are also considered to be gender neutral. Just because someone uses the pronoun of he or him and uses man or men doesn't mean necessarily that the subject is always male in gender.

So basically no one here really knows what they're talking about when it comes to Nael's incarnation by the English localization team and, in fact, it is 100% correct to be used as such the exact way it is written.

There are countless explanations for why Nael appears the way she does in Turn 9 and for her confusion about her appearance. It isn't spelled out because there's a time and a place to discuss these things. Didn't Koji Fox also allegedly say in an interview that we never saw under Nael's mask so who knows what's there? There's this quote:

-Delicious OF sauce

Maybe you should give the localization team a little bit of credit for untangling what could actually be a messy transition from Japanese to English. Even looking back at the Acheron example, that was the Japanese team making shit difficult for them, not the other way around.

TL;DR maybe experts on Japanese culture don't know as much as they think they do.

Is this bait? It looks like bait.

iammeiam

Here is some stuff about the EU situation that won't make any of you feel better but at least it's not silly bickering:

Heavensward Pre-Orders on the EU PlayStation Store

At the same time, we did our best to liaise with Sony and get pre-orders on the EU PlayStation Store up and running ahead of the launch of Heavensward, but due to several circumstances outside of our control, this proved not possible.

We are aware that, to many, the NA and the EU PlayStation Store look like essentially the same thing, but they’re actually completely separate. We should have communicated this more clearly beforehand and apologise for any confusion caused.

However, to alleviate this and avoid a complete loss of the pre-order bonuses (including Early Access) for players interested in the digital versions of Heavensward for PS3/PS4, we have worked with SCEE to find a solution.

From Friday, 19th June until 23rd June 2015, a special version of Heavensward will be made available for a limited time that will allow you to take full advantage of the early access period and obtain the bonus in-game items available to those who pre-order.

We realise that this will require you to purchase and download the game on the day that Early Access starts, but this was the most practical solution possible, and we hope that this will enable you to use your time as effectively as possible given the circumstances.

Of course, all of this won’t have any effect on anyone who pre-ordered or planned to pre-order the physical PS4 versions of the game, as this is purely an issue with the PS Store platform for digital downloads.

Stuart444

1. They still didn't say WHEN on the day it will be up. Midnight? Normal update time (on a non-update day) 11:59pm on the 19th? etc.

2. I'm sure if they organized it better, they could have come up with a solution that would work prior to the 19th so no one has to worry about the servers/PSN stability on the day.

No matter what, it's a clusterfuck.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The irony is real.

Because she's a person who can't keep their emotions out of Internet discussions and is quickly approaching my levels of immaturity? Yeah that'd be it.
I don't even know what her argument is anymore other than "What you care about is not what I care about, shut up".

Okay you're embarrassing yourself now. Please quit it and don't drag a post from another thread in here again to start shit and derail the thread again unless you fancy a vacation.

iammeiam

This is going to end with me buying that pug dating game and then having to compare it to Hatoful Boyfriend. I blame you all.

1. They still didn't say WHEN on the day it will be up. Midnight? Normal update time (on a non-update day) 11:59pm on the 19th? etc.

2. I'm sure if they organized it better, they could have come up with a solution that would work prior to the 19th so no one has to worry about the servers/PSN stability on the day.

No matter what, it's a clusterfuck.

They... kind of cover it later on for 1:

So, how exactly will it work?

On Friday, the 19th of June, the PlayStation Store will be updated to include special Heavensward Early Purchase versions (both standard and digital Collector’s Editions). Please note that we have been informed by SCEE that it can take anything from minutes to several hours until the update has been implemented in all regions, so we are unable to give a specific time when the Heavensward Early Purchase versions will be launched in each territory.

It's still a total clusterfuck and doesn't help.

Stuart444

This is going to end with me buying that pug dating game and then having to compare it to Hatoful Boyfriend. I blame you all.

They... kind of cover it later on for 1:

It's still a total clusterfuck and doesn't help.

'Kind of' indeed. They say it could take anywhere from minutes to several hours but not when the earliest we can expect it. (ie update time or as soon as it becomes the 19th aka midnight GMT)

On a slightly more positive note (trying to be positive now): At least people don't have to wonder each week now if it will be on the store or not. That's something right?

Grisby

So what's a fair price on having someone meld/create my relic weapon? Probably don't need it so close to the expansion but I kind of want it all the same.

Xiaoki

Came back recently after quitting shortly after 2.1 and it's been a terrible experience.

Having to slog through the main scenario quests just so I can actually go to the new stuff in the expansion has been arduous enough but having to deal with the other players has been even worse.

I didn't have great gear before quitting so now I have to grind to get the proper ilevel to do a dungeon so I can progress the story.

Problem is my main is a Warrior tank so I have to do dungeons with DPS that have twice my ilevel. I can't hold aggro so I get yelled at for being a bad tank.

Don't know if I'll be staying with the game this time either.

So what's a fair price on having someone meld/create my relic weapon? Probably don't need it so close to the expansion but I kind of want it all the same.

5k for melds 5k for craft or something like that, but if you have a FC it's almost guaranteed someone can do either/both for free. If you're in the GAF FC even more so.

Grisby

5k for melds 5k for craft or something like that, but if you have a FC it's almost guaranteed someone can do either/both for free. If you're in the GAF FC even more so.
I'm not, but 5k sounds good. Thanks, I was just looking for a starting point so I don't get ripped.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Came back recently after quitting shortly after 2.1 and it's been a terrible experience.

Having to slog through the main scenario quests just so I can actually go to the new stuff in the expansion has been arduous enough but having to deal with the other players has been even worse.

I didn't have great gear before quitting so now I have to grind to get the proper ilevel to do a dungeon so I can progress the story.

Problem is my main is a Warrior tank so I have to do dungeons with DPS that have twice my ilevel. I can't hold aggro so I get yelled at for being a bad tank.

Don't know if I'll be staying with the game this time either.

Do you have high enough ilevel to get into World of Darkness? Can get yourself some i120 gear there. Or i100 gear in Syrcus Tower first. Both will also earn you sold and poetic tomes for more stuff.

I'm not, but 5k sounds good. Thanks, I was just looking for a starting point so I don't get ripped.

Tbh you could probably offer even less, and I think especially for the melds, you can easily find someone to do it for free. I know I do them for free to whoever asks in mor dhona when I'm there or whatever cause it literally takes 5seconds and I'm generally standing there doing nothing anyway.

Item Box

Let's stop arguing and talk about this chart instead.

I look forward to earning ONE MILLION experience for every level from 55-60.

what the fuck, that's not a curve

its like meeting a bombshell on tinder and when you get to her place you find out she has sharp knees

those dungeons better give 300k+ per run, fuck outta here with this bullshit

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (PSN download version)
Promotion code registration is not necessary. Early access and the bonus items were automatically linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account at the time you pre-ordered the game.
Hmm... I didn't get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom