• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Why is T11 so hard to farm except for the long trash phase? Never done coil outside my static.

It's the easiest of the FCOB turns.

scy

12 and 10 are a lot easier, honestly.

That said, it's mostly because farming with people from various groups means varying tether strategies and it's a lot harder to adapt to those on the fly.

iammeiam

I said 10 was going really well and did we want to ruin it with terhers. We wanted to and we did and now Kagari has no earring.

addition only

T10+T3, letsgo.

...in, like, nine hours.

Why is T11 so hard to farm except for the long trash phase? Never done coil outside my static.

It's the easiest of the FCOB turns.

Tether movement has a really narrow adjustment window--it's way easier to adapt to people positioning weirdly in 10 or moving in a different pattern during adds phase in 12 than making the split-second latency-enhanced tether dodge correctly when it's the opposite of what you're used to.

10 is so ridiculous now, and 12 is highly recoverable wth DPS where it is. Tethers still being tethers makes constant group swaps in 11 challenging.

talking to our group last night and I think a good few of us want to do some T11 farming on Thursday. I know myself, Myra, Red and Vaan definitely wanted to farm some T11 so if people want to join us (need a tank and healers) let me know and we can try figure something out

I'm also up for farming at other times if you guys have some space.

I find 11 the easiest of all the turns for our group because we know how we all do tethers now. Even bringing Scything in wasn't a disaster.

can imagine it being the hardest of 10 - 12 to farm with people outside the group tho.

Maybe if you stopped eating megaflares your back wouldn't hurt so much, chump.

Everybody eats megaflares, I just eat more since I'm alive longer.

i feel t11 is longer and more boring compared to t10 and 12. that and adds really add to the zzzzzzzzzz

Jayhawk

I am only interested in farming potential dreadwyrm desynth gear. :(

Otherwise, this gear will not help with getting materials for server-first FC airship!

Jayhawk

Final Fantasy XI did have the Pankration system that allowed you to pit monsters from around the world against each other in an arena deathmatch. It was an entertaining time-waster for gathering currency you needed for a few patch cycles. If they wanted to, they could implement something similar with minions in this game.

aceface

I love this screenshot. My favorite tank <3

Kvi8Cyl.jpg

We usually start at 9 CST.

Minor heads up: I learned Eve asked his online waifu before i saw your response, so it isnt 100% guaranteed, but her group might run tonight again in which case we would be glad to have you.

is his online waifu in gaf? is that why he came back or is he leaving again????

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We usually start at 9 CST.

Minor heads up: I just learned Eve asked his online waifu before i shared your response in our chat, so it isnt 100% guaranteed, but her group might run tonight again in which case we would be glad to have you.
No worries. Just let me know.

Tabris

It took my group to clear it in less than 3 weeks. that battle isn't all that hard.

It was hard when you get 5 Bennus. You overgeared it.

Tether movement has a really narrow adjustment window--it's way easier to adapt to people positioning weirdly in 10 or moving in a different pattern during adds phase in 12 than making the split-second latency-enhanced tether dodge correctly when it's the opposite of what you're used to.

10 is so ridiculous now, and 12 is highly recoverable wth DPS where it is. Tethers still being tethers makes constant group swaps in 11 challenging.

How is tethers hard. Tanks stand at A, party stands at "D" (back of boss). Tank calls on mumble whether it's tank or party. If it's tank, party stands still. If it's party, green goes to B and blue goes to C on the left and right.

Everyone moves left during the front nerve gas and then moves back after (everyone moves on me saying "return" in mumble).

A 5 year old can do that. It's colour matching and moving left. Unless they're Zoolander and can't move left, dunno what their problem is.

Wilsongt

It's been a while since I actually had legitimate, outloud "oh shit" moments when I watched something video game related.

Well done, YoshiP. Well done.

Tabris

Ugh, i remember when we got there really fast due 10 and 11 being a walk in the park.

We had to deal with 5 bennus lmao.

We had 5 bennus. Oops, sorry, confused my numbers, I meant 5 there, not 4. We cleared with 5 first time and then got 4 with our first i130 weapon.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Even 5 bennu isn't hard anymore (we fucked up a farm run and got five today) because you can still burn them down with relative ease, you just need to wake up for a couple of minutes.

Tabris

Even 5 bennu isn't hard anymore (we fucked up a farm run and got five today) because you can still burn them down with relative ease, you just need to wake up for a couple of minutes.

Nothing is hard in FCoB once you've cleared it, but 5 is a much harder progression than 4.

talking to our group last night and I think a good few of us want to do some T11 farming on Thursday. I know myself, Myra, Red and Vaan definitely wanted to farm some T11 so if people want to join us (need a tank and healers) let me know and we can try figure something out

I'm also up for farming at other times if you guys have some space.

I find 11 the easiest of all the turns for our group because we know how we all do tethers now. Even bringing Scything in wasn't a disaster.

can imagine it being the hardest of 10 - 12 to farm with people outside the group tho.

Hmmm...

iammeiam

It took my group to clear it in less than 3 weeks. that battle isn't all that hard.

One weird thing about freeloading off the alt coil group was getting to essentially watch T12 get gear-nerfed in very short order. It went from enrage being a problem to 4 Bennu lose a guy with 3 minutes left npnp, with the only real difference being gear, in a really short time. Everyone but me knew the fight going in, no adjustments to strategy, just that gear carry. It's mechanically the simplest, but was designed more to be a brutal execution check... Which it's not once gear hits a certain level.

How is tethers hard. Tanks stand at A, party stands at "D" (back of boss). Tank calls on mumble whether it's tank or party. If it's tank, party stands still. If it's party, green goes to B and blue goes to C on the left and right.

Everyone moves left during the front nerve gas and then moves back after (everyone moves on me saying "return" in mumble).

A 5 year old can do that. It's colour matching and moving left. Unless they're Zoolander and can't move left, dunno what their problem is.

Your colors and default dodge direction are the opposite of what most groups I've been in do--so insert one possible spot of failure there. Reset is also not the only tether method--I prefer rightrightright (or "right and then don't blow anyone up.")

So when you get people who have alternate, all viable ways of doing things, and then expect them to all conform in a farm party, it can get challenging as people naturally go different ways, and then occasionally due to latency try to correct and instead just blow everything up.

I like exposure to different methods--flexibility should be a goal for everyone--but it makes it significantly more likely to wipe in 11 than 10 or 12 where any differences in execution generally have longer to account for/less severe consequences.

It was hard when you get 5 Bennus. You overgeared it.

You have a tone issue. I guess that's why you have the reputation you do.

Anyway, the issue with 11 is that some second breaths happen when you are clean in the middle and/or during a missile spread. Mistakes get made and you are and a partner are punished immediately rather than the typical solo death if someone fucks up

Tabris

So when you get people who have alternate, all viable ways of doing things, and then expect them to all conform in a farm party, it can get challenging as people naturally go different ways, and then occasionally due to latency try to correct and instead just blow everything up.

It's easy - My way or the highway. Who needs alternate strategies unless they are better / easier? Mine is only susceptible to colour blind people and zoolander.

Tabris

We only get 4 Bennus. But either way, its not too difficult. As long as you know how to place them when they die, it should be good. gearing way up helps.

I know you get 4, thus my comment :) Saying it would have taken you longer to progress if you were dealing with 5 during your progression / clear. So it was lucky when you guys started doing 12. 12 is probably most susceptible to overgearing of the FCoB turns.

WolvenOne

Hardest part of T12 for my group was Blackfire placement. It felt like initially a few people were having lag issues or something, and weren't moving out in time, setting off a chain reaction.

Adjusted, and cleared the fight in Five Days. I wouldn't call it an easy fight, but it's a heck of a lot less twitchy than turns 10 and 11, which makes clearing it consistently a lot easier once you've done it once.

Hardest part of T12 for my group was Blackfire placement. It felt like initially a few people were having lag issues or something, and weren't moving out in time, setting off a chain reaction.

Adjusted, and cleared the fight in Five Days. I wouldn't call it an easy fight, but it's a heck of a lot less twitchy than turns 10 and 11, which makes clearing it consistently a lot easier once you've done it once.

Blackfire was bullshit. Everyone kept saying, move when you see it, which never fucking worked so i had to count 2 seconds after the bar left to dodge it properly. I never fucked up after that, but it still felt weird why mary and i had issues at the start

Then patch notes hit saying they fixed an issue for tanks seeing/dodging blackfires and my rage was justified.

WolvenOne

Blackfire was bullshit. Everyone kept saying, move when you see it, which never fucking worked so i had to count 2 seconds after the bar left to dodge it properly. I never fucked up after that, but it still felt weird why mary and i had issues at the start

Then patch notes hit saying they fixed an issue for tanks seeing/dodging blackfires and my rage was justified.

I seem to recall hearing something about it, don't remember when the fix hit tho.

iammeiam

It's easy - My way or the highway. Who needs alternate strategies unless they are better / easier? Mine is only susceptible to colour blind people and zoolander.

Which is fine for a set group but doesn't really change that cobbling together Frankengroups from people who are doing methods you don't prefer (and bLue Left gReen Right will always be the superior color distribution) is going to mean somebody in the group--maybe half the group--is going to be adjusting instead of doing what they do normally. It's not insurmountable, it's just going to make assembling randoms for 11 trickier than the other turns.

It will also probably clear up with time as everyone gets used to everyone else's way of doing things. Or would if nerfs don't come down and render it irrelevant first.

WolvenOne

Which is fine for a set group but doesn't really change that cobbling together Frankengroups from people who are doing methods you don't prefer (and bLue Left gReen Right will always be the superior color distribution) is going to mean somebody in the group--maybe half the group--is going to be adjusting instead of doing what they do normally. It's not insurmountable, it's just going to make assembling randoms for 11 trickier than the other turns.

It will also probably clear up with time as everyone gets used to everyone else's way of doing things. Or would if nerfs don't come down and render it irrelevant first.

T11 is going to be the trickier turn to pug, for this reason. Thankfully I mostly have what I want from it already. Also, it'll be nerfed in two to four weeks, so...

Actually, really hoping it's closer to four, close to clearing T13, and I want the opportunity to clear it a good number of times on normal difficulty before they echo the heck out of it. And I reiterate, that blasted twelve percent wipe the other day, baaaaaah! :p XD

When 2.50 hit.

Ahh, then my group never experienced T12 pre-fix. I think it really was just a case of a few people having some laggy days. There's less you can do about it when almost half your group is running on PS4's.

Sorian

Banned
You're all forgetting the basics. We've been covering this for years now. All raid strat: party average hp > 0, boss hp = 0.

WolvenOne

On this subject, suuuuper willing to help with T12 farms, I still need my Tank Pants. D:

Eager to hear about a bajillion little things I could be doing better, my group tends to leave well enough alone once we find something that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom