• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hey guys,

Any reddit guide for 2.5 content and stuff? I stopped playing when gathering Atmas (ugh) and I think I finished the maelstrom story line. Will probably jump back over the weekend (gotta request to join the GAF guild... again :p).

My connection was really unstable last night but I went T13 farming anyway. It wasn't exactly a roaring success as a result, but at least we got one new weapon out of it. I gained a new appreciation for how scripted the fight design was, as I could usually handle Earthshakers without being able to see the animation until two or three were down (the placement could get gross), though Megaflare ground circles were a killer because they didn't appear on my screen until the moment before they killed me.

Personal highlight was saving myself during a lag spike at the last divebomb by putting up Manawall, running into the boss's face and getting blasted off to safety without dying or taking damage. You get sent a bit under 3/4 the way across the arena if you do this. I might just start doing it for fun.

dramatis

Some Mexican dude site thing as reported on reddit said Naoki Yoshida said they experimented with Project Morpheus for FF14.

You guys ready to live in the database or what

IvorB

image.php
:p

He he. :)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Attempted [got roped into] T13 today as a Dragoon and succeeded [got carried hard].
At least it was a one-shot [seven seconds away from enrage].

Maybe it's just a matter of experience and perspective but so much panic and tunnel vision. I have acquired some new respect for good DPS recently having tried to actually DPS high-end content.

rubius01

So me and Alice helped our Skoje with The Chrysalis. First time healing that, it was fun (and painful at times) dealing with double/triple sparks.

We had a great comeback though in our final attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ht_fBkpkXI

We both made quite a few mistakes due to panic and/or sheer stupidity (I forgot to resummon my pet in several attempts after being revived >_>) but beating it again felt good especially in this run. Seriously fantastic comeback :D

It was an interesting experience as well mitigating spark between us healers since the Tanks didn't realize it had to be mitigated for a few runs (when I essentially told them it had to).

Awesome win though. :D I thought for sure we weren't going to make it lol.

That was the best comeback I've EVER seen. TWO dps quit mid fight, and got replaced and down to just Alice and the other tank and we didn't wipe. And after an hour que just to get in. Thanks again you two it was great.

So I am now level 15 and I was wondering about the crafting jobs..... I know where to go and what not but I have a few question

1. What would be a ideal craft to learn for someone who wants to later acquire the ninja job?
  2. If I choose a crafting job does that mean that I squander my chance to choose another war class job with my current level?
  3. Does crating level up your overall XP?

*************EDIT: Never-mind I found this site that answered my questions :)

I've done T1-5 in first person as a BRD. Its not that bad though I imagine BRD is probably the easiest class to play in first person other than maybe MT.

I imagine with melee it might be tough since you'll probably be almost standing inside of some monsters.

Might not be so pad on a keyboard/mouse because of fast mouse turning. I might try this next time I do roulettes.

Going to attempt Aurum Vale for the first time tomorrow. I have heard it can be really rough....I'm kinda nervous.

Protip for the second boss, Coin Counter: Any attack he does with the word "Swipe" in it is a frontal cleave; anything with "Swing" in it is a 360 degree spin. Do not be near him at all when he does his Swings. He has no AoE telegraphs for them and they'll kill you if you're all up in his grill (especially if you're tank or melee).

Ruruja

Aurum Vale was the first dungeon I did where I completely messed up as a tank due to the ease of pulling too many mobs at once. The bosses are easier than the trash management. I vowed never to go in there again, then got given an Immortal Flames quest to go there the day after and then my first low-level duty roulette was of course.. Aurum Vale.

plake

Aurum Vale was the first dungeon I did where I completely messed up as a tank due to the ease of pulling too many mobs at once. The bosses are easier than the trash management. I vowed never to go in there again, then got given an Immortal Flames quest to go there the day after and then my first low-level duty roulette was of course.. Aurum Vale.

Enjoy your Zodiac quest!

Silvawuff

It's possible to do AV by sac pulling a bunch of trash. It's doable in <15 mins this way. However if you have party members that tend to get aggro...yeah.

Stacey

Banned
I'm currently a ilvl 106 WHM and have lost the will to live farming poetics....

Its either farm Ancients, WoD or ST or farm FATES for atam relic :(

Turn 2 Coil seems impossible using the duty finder as SE have such a low ilvl requirement leading to ilvl70 tanks and dps being destroyed,

Am I stuck farming these raids until Heavensward?

What gets me about that dungeon is that some people prefer to pull a certain amount of mobs and skip a few by treading carefully. If someone accidentally pulls a wave of trash the tank gets upset. In the beginning if you just wonder out the cave you start in you're almost guaranteed to aggro the shrooms on the right.

It was also on my roulette last night too, I was nervous because it wasn't my favorite dungeon either. I'm hoping the roulette doesn't make a habit of picking that often lol.

Valor

What gets me about that dungeon is that some people prefer to pull a certain amount of mobs and skip a few by treading carefully. If someone accidentally pulls a wave of trash the tank gets upset. In the beginning if you just wonder out the cave you start in you're almost guaranteed to aggro the shrooms on the right.

It was also on my roulette last night too, I was nervous because it wasn't my favorite dungeon either. I'm hoping the roulette doesn't make a habit of picking that often lol.

Trash management is important, I think. AV is a good exercise in that. You can learn (some would argue you should have already learned) how to manage trash in Stone Vigil with the patrols. There are several patrols in the first room of AV that can really mess you up if you aren't careful, but with a couple uses of provoke, it's really quite easy to manage. It takes practice, and I wish people wouldn't come into AV with this kind of attitude that it's awful and terrible and you never wanna do it. I think it's an important dungeon, especially as tank, to learn how to execute it properly.

Corpse pulls can work, sure, but it's not a reliable strategy you should fall back on. The first room is really the only "difficult" part of the dungeon because of a ton of mobs in a smallish room. However, once you get past that it's pretty easy sailing.

I'm currently a ilvl 106 WHM and have lost the will to live farming poetics....

Its either farm Ancients, WoD or ST or farm FATES for atam relic :(

Turn 2 Coil seems impossible using the duty finder as SE have such a low ilvl requirement leading to ilvl70 tanks and dps being destroyed,

Am I stuck farming these raids until Heavensward?
Honestly, it's your call. You don't really need to get a huge ilevel if you're not going to be doing endgame raiding. You also don't need a huge ilevel for endgame raiding, especially since I'm sure nerfs/echo are coming soon enough for it.

Basically, you're not stuck doing anything, it's all about how you want to spend your time until Heavensward. There's more to the game than ilevel!

You can farm Second Coil if you've gotten a T5 clear, or you can just go get a T9 Clear and start working on Final Coil if you want to up your ilevel "easily".

scy

It takes practice, and I wish people wouldn't come into AV with this kind of attitude that it's awful and terrible and you never wanna do it. I think it's an important dungeon, especially as tank, to learn how to execute it properly.

I wish AV was earlier in the leveling. It does introduce a lot of things worth knowing as a tank (and general mechanics with Coincounter) but it being a level 49 Level Sync makes it one of those less-than-fun dungeons.

Valor

I wish AV was earlier in the leveling. It does introduce a lot of things worth knowing as a tank (and general mechanics with Coincounter) but it being a level 49 Level Sync makes it one of those less-than-fun dungeons.

I'd rather people complain about the level 49 sync than the mechanics, really. The 49 is just a slap in the face where if they synced to like 48 I wouldn't be as annoyed. At least give us the level 50 abilities since I think it would be way more palatable for a larger group.

Renewed my sub and finally 'finished' the story.

I'm totally and complete happy who everything went down. Just seeing that one Lalafell get his ass fucking wrecked after all that smug smiling was worth it. He brought shame to the whole Lalafell race and what's up with all these Lalafells being masterminds behind the plot we are a peace loving race! Oh well my favorite of the group, Tataru, survived and I hope to see Raubahn wreck some more faces later.

Looking forward to Heavensward

LtOrange

Protip for the second boss, Coin Counter: Any attack he does with the word "Swipe" in it is a frontal cleave; anything with "Swing" in it is a 360 degree spin. Do not be near him at all when he does his Swings. He has no AoE telegraphs for them and they'll kill you if you're all up in his grill (especially if you're tank or melee).

Thank you! This advice really helped. I got really lucky and had an awesome group. The tank did a great job will pulls and they walked me through the fruit mechanics. The FFXIV community has been incredibly helpful so far, it is really refreshing.

Jeels

So in the middle of the final 2.55 scenes...

WTF WHY WOULD YOU KILL MY FAVORITE SECONDARY CHARACTER WHAT THEF UCK FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND RIGHT BEFORE SHE WAS ABOUT TO DISSOLVE THE MONARCHY

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO SAD TO WATCH WHYYYY

Another Question

Can I have two jobs.. with both being quite high in level?

If I become a Ninja can I also become a high classed Monk if I train my Pugilist class and a little bit of a Lancer?

Monk's and Ninja's have similar level stats

Valor

Another Question

Can I have two jobs.. with both being quite high in level?

If I become a Ninja can I also become a high classed Monk if I train my Pugilist class and a little bit of a Lancer?

Monk's and Ninja's have similar level stats

You can hit level 50 in every class if you want to. So yeah, you can get max level Monk and max level Ninja and get gear for both of them if you have the time/patience/diligence to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom