• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Your cross hotbar disappears when you don't have L2/R2 pulled?

Yeah; I set that up as soon as I found the setting. I don't need to see stuff in that area of the screen often, but it's nice to have when I do. Only real drawback I've found is if I switch to a non-combat bar between pulls there's no real visual reminder I did it. So sometimes I push opener buttons and emote spam comes out.

:D

cMi82Oa.jpg

Tiops

Farmed some Shiva EX yesterday for the bow (and it didn't drop), got a Diamond Tear. Didn't even know that item existed, and that is was valuable. I'll probably save it to create the barding later.

In the mean time, I'm also started my Alexander farming. 13 at the moment... it's going to take a while.

I'm kinda curious about something, I have the ps4 digital ce version of FFXIV. I got it on the ps4 since my pc blows and the game barely was hitting 20 fps during the free trial. People in my FC told me that I could now buy the PC version and play my account from the ps4 using the same subscription. I kinda want the pc version too for when I just want to craft or talk in game for hours which I don't need good FPS for. Now do I have to buy the CE for PC to get on my account since my ps4 is the CE or can I just buy the cheap plain version when its $10 and use that?

iammeiam

I'm kinda curious about something, I have the ps4 digital ce version of FFXIV. I got it on the ps4 since my pc blows and the game barely was hitting 20 fps during the free trial. People in my FC told me that I could now buy the PC version and play my account from the ps4 using the same subscription. I kinda want the pc version too for when I just want to craft or talk in game for hours which I don't need good FPS for. Now do I have to buy the CE for PC to get on my account since my ps4 is the CE or can I just buy the cheap plain version when its $10 and use that?

Regular edition is fine. You're basically just paying for the ability to log in from another platform; CE items are unlocked for your whole account, so as long as you can log in they're there.

Same will apply to Heavensward--you'd need to buy PC and PS4 copies of the expansion, but only one of those copies has to be CE.

Regular edition is fine. You're basically just paying for the ability to log in from another platform; CE items are unlocked for your whole account, so as long as you can log in they're there.

Same will apply to Heavensward--you'd need to buy PC and PS4 copies of the expansion, but only one of those copies has to be CE.

Yay thanks, now to wait for it to drop down to $10 again since I'm broke as hell.

Valor

Why is the title AFK Paladins? o.o
One of many OT titles to be named after my awesomeness.

People doing Fountain somehow had that on lock immediately; it does mean no DPS gets to tunnel as everyone has something to keep track of.
I guess we can just all agree that I'm a good leader since I was directing those fountain baths.

I'll be honest, I didn't think we'd clear doing the solo tank/solo heal Turn 12...
Then we did. lol
I Believe in Felix Rivers.

iammeiam

I guess we can just all agree that I'm a good leader since I was directing those fountain baths.

Failed at directing me though; I think I murdered Korra twice by running in during the wrong Flames cast?

You guys know I can't read, right? Where was my narration.

Valor

Failed at directing me though; I think I murdered Korra twice by running in during the wrong Flames cast?

You guys know I can't read, right? Where was my narration.

Like what happened in t13 when you ranged scrubs viciously murdered me with blue balls, I can't see what's happening behind me! I am a melee and must be staring at a boss' butt or side or I have no purpose in life. I thought as a dragoon you would understand this by now.

Like what happened in t13 when you ranged scrubs viciously murdered me with blue balls, I can't see what's happening behind me! I am a melee and must be staring at a boss' butt or side or I have no purpose in life. I thought as a dragoon you would understand this by now.

and ppl yell at me when I say I'm not watching what you guys are doing. Not moving for anybody now

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Sounds like you need more spatial awareness.

iammeiam

I assumed the entire reason our AFK tank decided to let me keep that Tempest Wing tether was to avenge you for this.

Worth it.

Valor

Sounds like you need more spatial awareness.
Get more health, you bard! Still dying to megaflare/pylon with 10% echo? For shame.
I assumed the entire reason our AFK tank decided to let me keep that Tempest Wing tether was to avenge you for this.

Worth it.

Yeah, I would normally agree with you but I didn't even get the joy of watching it happen because flank and butt.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So for the people that were Pony Farming last night, is the drop increase noticeably higher from what you have observed?

scy

So for the people that were Pony Farming last night, is the drop increase noticeably higher from what you have observed?

We did ~27 clears (19 Titan, 6 Garuda, 3 Ifrit) and ended with 11-12 ponies (9[10?] Titan, 2 Garuda, 0 Ifrit).

If I had to guess, closer to 20% and we had a really lucky streak of 3 in a row that skewed numbers + insanely small sample size. Still, could basically do Kirin for an entire group of 8 in one week and only partially feel like hating the world.

Gryvan says no.

Oh no, Gryvan saw a lot of ponies drop!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Get more health, you bard! Still dying to megaflare/pylon with 10% echo? For shame.

Yeah, I would normally agree with you but I didn't even get the joy of watching it happen because flank and butt.

I'm at maximum gear levels, bro.

Soroc

Echo defanged T12 EVEN FURTHER so: We did a thing!

Compare the list of things you can queue for in the Trials section of DF with this list. I should have said entrance--I know if you did a trial before it was in DF, you essentially have to reattune after it's added to DF to be able to DF it. It is very likely you're missing things or not attuned; it's fairly unlikely this is a support issue.

The ??? only state the trial if you unlocked the trial but haven't completed it.

It's not that you exit the instance the right way. It's that you have to physically go to the Chimera entrance in the overworld (Eastern Thanlan) or the Hydra entrance in the overworld (Coerthas) and touch on the entrance points to 'register' the instance for Duty Finder. Even if you have completed it before, because those weren't added to Duty Finder until after you left.

Thanks to both of you. Sorry didn't mean the end but the beginning touch. I have almost everything in that list available in the duty finder. From what I can tell comparing to that duty finder list the only ones I don't have are:

A Relic Reborn: The Chimera
The Chrysalis
The Steps of Faith

I unlocked The Dragon's Neck last night and before I even did it the ???? after A Relic Reborn: Hydra changed to The Dragon's Neck.

I'm still going through Hildebrands quests, up to 2.4 content now. So I guess I'll just wait and see how things pan out after I finish up the Hildebrand storyline.

iammeiam

That is not the right amount of suffering.

Do you have spare FC3s and Mastercrafts lying around?

Can we make him move on to Olgois?

It's only three fish but I assure you the Caravan Eel rage will deliver.

...unless they've been stealth nerfing things.

Do you have spare FC3s and Mastercrafts lying around?

Can we make him move on to Olgois?

It's only three fish but I assure you the Caravan Eel rage will deliver.

...unless they've been stealth nerfing things.

I hooked an Olgoi already but it got away :(

Gathering is only just above the minimum with food.

Probably need the hat first.

iammeiam

I hooked an Olgoi already but it got away :(

Gathering is only just above the minimum with food.

Probably need the hat first.

That may have just been a Caravan Eel; I don't know at what gathering level those stop getting away but unless nerfs or insane luck, get hype for Mahi Mahi's more annoying cousin. You need like... 10 FC3s and a Mastercraft plus the Olgois to get Supra.

That may have just been a Caravan Eel; I don't know at what gathering level those stop getting away but unless nerfs or insane luck, get hype for Mahi Mahi's more annoying cousin. You need like... 10 FC3s and a Mastercraft plus the Olgois to get Supra.

nah, I got the sand eel no problem. that one was definitely an olgoi.

also yeah, I know. I'm poor still so it'll take a while anyway

unless people need hammerheads, silver sharks and emperor fish. then I could hook them up at below market board value, with bulk discount!

:lol

iammeiam

It takes me a stack of 99 bait to get 3 or 4 Emperor Fish.

I cannot imagine the amount of time it would take to catch enough to sell those in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom