• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Anustart

Wish Awakening would have dropped in price with this release. I posted in another Fates topic, was directed to a demo, liked what I played.

Never really dove into a fe other than one on the wii which I didn't much care for, but did dig the Awakening demo. Being that they're the same price, Awakening or Fates?

Cheska

When you get to Chapter 6, do you just make an additional save so that you can when you buy the other path, you can just resume and choose that side instead?

Tyeforce

Other than for my castle battles, it's just an accessory to add onto the game model to make them look different in battle or a different outfit in the hot springs in My Castle. Like a hat or a mask or some extra armor.

I don't know if it is in the English version but there's also a few weapon in the game that strips an enemy if your weapon is advantageous in the weapon triangle. So attack an axe enemy with this special sword and their clothes rip.

There are also some weapons with unique animations
Ah, okay, that's what I assumed. But do you know if it's possible to get both, or is it a one time choice? I'm sitting here with my game waiting on the selection because I don't know which item to choose, lol.

Shun

Wish Awakening would have dropped in price with this release. I posted in another Fates topic, was directed to a demo, liked what I played.

Never really dove into a fe other than one on the wii which I didn't much care for, but did dig the Awakening demo. Being that they're the same price, Awakening or Fates?

Fates improves in every aspect that I never ever ever want to touch Awakening again. You can pick it up if you want to but in terms of gameplay there isn't much to miss other than maybe characters you might like.

Kinsei

Banned
I never got the item you're supposed to get for clearing the free DLC. Do I have to make sure the allies survive or something?

Is Subaki the first pegasus knight that isn't a girl in the series?

Shun

Ah, okay, that's what I assumed. But do you know if it's possible to get both, or is it a one time choice? I'm sitting here with my game waiting on the selection because I don't know which item to choose, lol.

They're both hair accessories, you can scan 3 times. You scanned once, you can scan a second time after battling to get another set of accessories. Then a 3rd time to battle and recruit.

I never got the item you're supposed to get for clearing the free DLC. Do I have to make sure the allies survive or something?

Is Subaki the first pegasus knight that isn't a girl in the series?

You need all 3 awakening characters alive to get the Marth/Lucina Star Lord reclassing item. And yes since pegasus is unisex in this game. Not counting another character and the myunit corrin.

But since Hoshido has game specific names, he's not really a "pegasus knight". But for all intents and purposes yeah.

Ponn

Banned
Killed me to choose Conquest, surprised they didn't make it an easy choice by making the Nohr
siblings sympathetic to you. Dad is a gigantic douche that must die though
. Messed up and saved over my chapter 6 file though, doh! Got Mozu, no idea what to do with her.

Rainy

Banned
if i only played awakening and didnt have too much trouble with it, do you guys suggest i go with normal or hard on birthright? hard?

Shun

if i only played awakening and didnt have too much trouble with it, do you guys suggest i go with normal or hard on birthright? hard?

Since difficulty is subjective and is different for everyone, the rule of thumb in this game should go harder difficulty and move down to a lower one if it is too hard. You shouldn't have issues with Birthright hard at all and I think Lunatic Birthright is more fun. Lunatic is actually fun and it gets incrementally harder. I would suggest this one if you are comfortable with it.

All up to you but since you have the ability to lower difficulty midgame, go with the higher one and sticking with it before deciding it is too hard or impossible.

Kinsei

Banned
They're both hair accessories, you can scan 3 times. You scanned once, you can scan a second time after battling to get another set of accessories. Then a 3rd time to battle and recruit.

You need all 3 awakening characters alive to get the Marth/Lucina Star Lord reclassing item. And yes since pegasus is unisex in this game. Not counting another character and the myunit corrin.

But since Hoshido has game specific names, he's not really a "pegasus knight". But for all intents and purposes yeah.

Well crap. Those characters were complete dunce when I played through. Guess I'm going to have to babysit them and have a healer by them at all times.

Well...he's technically not a "Pegasus" knight.

He rides on a pegasus and uses spears. I don't care what the game calls it, that's a pegasus knight to me.

Try it on hard. Once you make it past the decision point you can lower the difficulty if it's too hard for you.

Rainy

Banned
Lunatic mode is always best mode. But if you value sanity I suppose hard will do.

Since difficulty is subjective and is different for everyone, the rule of thumb in this game should go harder difficulty and move down to a lower one if it is too hard. You shouldn't have issues with Birthright hard at all and I think Lunatic Birthright is more fun. Lunatic is actually fun and it gets incrementally harder. I would suggest this one if you are comfortable with it.

All up to you but since you have the ability to lower difficulty midgame, go with the higher one and sticking with it before deciding it is too hard or impossible.

Try it on hard. Once you make it past the decision point you can lower the difficulty if it's too hard for you.

Thanks guys! Going with hard.

blackflag

Do you lose these people forever the first time you meet them if they die at pretty much the beginning of the game?

kaze and some other people died before I even get more than like 3 or 4 people on my team chapter 4 or something

Didn't have this trouble in awakening

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there a reason why Corrin isn't gaining any STR, up to level 4, restarted for half a dozen times so far or is my RNG just that bad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Chapter 10 Conquest doesn't fuck around, lol.

Can't imagine trying that on Lunatic without some super specific strats.

Is there a reason why Corrin isn't gaining any STR, up to level 4, restarted for half a dozen times so far or is my RNG just that bad.

Just to make sure, you didn't put 'Strong' as your bane or w/e?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So what's the recommended reclassing route in Fates now that levels don't change and what not?

I have a Male Hoshido Corrin with Samurai talent, Boon SPD and Bane MAG, currently at lvl 13. Most every one else in my party is at lvl 10 +/- 1 level. I only have 3 Master Seals, 1 Heart and one Friendship seal. Plus the 2 Dread Fighter Seals. I'm not looking to seriously min/max but I'd like to at least be on a strong footing and know when it's time to shake things up class wise and not leave a character in a position to miss out on good skills.

ryseing

Kinda regretting not going Birthright Hard. Game is a cakewalk on Normal. Even easier than Awakening I'd say.

Ah well, I'll enjoy the easy playthrough and save my frustrations for Conquest.

Starting with birthright, and definitely didn't know that..

Go Cavalier then since it's a Conquest class. Can't wait to have Paladin Corrin.

Azuran

Banned
Kinda regretting not going Birthright Hard. Game is a cakewalk on Normal. Even easier than Awakening I'd say.

Ah well, I'll enjoy the easy playthrough and save my frustrations for Conquest.

Birthright Hard is probably the perfect difficulty. Hard enough to really make you think about your moves but nothing cheap that will make you throw your 3DS against a wall.

Rainy

Banned
Go Cavalier then since it's a Conquest class. Can't wait to have Paladin Corrin.

Got it, so is the reasoning to pick a Nohr class because you won't get it any other way? (That's obvious but just checking) And that you can eventually switch to any of the other Hoshido classes through items later on anyway?

carlsojo

Not owning both carts is going to drive me crazy every time I look at my shelf.

Hm unsure what to pick as my talent, cavalier maybe?

Not knowing what each one of those talents was and no descriptions was poor design. I picked Mage because I didn't know what half of them even were.

Kinsei

Banned
Got it, so is the reasoning to pick a Nohr class because you won't get it any other way? (That's obvious but just checking) And that you can eventually switch to any of the other Hoshido classes through items later on anyway?

You can get a Cavalier in Birthright (two I think, not counting Corrin). I'm not sure about the other Nohr classes though.

OceanBlue

I keep resetting the game because I hit a couple of bad level ups (like 1 or 2 stats). I should probably stop though if Birthright is not too hard.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Finished ch5.

What's stopping me from taking 80 turns to grind Azura with Sing? I know they've never guarded against this before, but I was kind of hoping they did this time.

There's some shared characters who have "off-route" classes (so you can get them via Buddy Seals on all routes).
M!Corrin: 1st Gen: Troubador , Ninja , Cavalier, Outlaw, Monk (not on Rev) / 2nd Gen: Sky Knight
F!Corrin: 1st Gen; Troubador , Sky Knight (since Dancer is special) , Archer (since Villager is special) / 2nd Gen: Cavalier, Apothecary

(Due to the pairing issues mentioned earlier its possible to miss out on Sky Knight as Male!Corrin, if you marry a female with other marriage options )

(Serene's has Gunther as a shared character but that's really not right ,
since he leaves in the Prologue and doesn't rejoin in Hoshido and in Revelations his supports don't work (unless they've fixed that in the localisation), so he's really Nohrian for this purpose.

Totakeke

I found out that I named my character exactly the same as another character in the game... There's no way to change the avatar's name again is there?

ryseing

Birthright Hard is probably the perfect difficulty. Hard enough to really make you think about your moves but nothing cheap that will make you throw your 3DS against a wall.

Yeah, down the line I'll probably replay Birthright on Hard with a female character. I can see myself playing this game for years though.

Holy shit fates, Awakening is inferior in pretty much every way.

Top Bottom