• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

ChrisD

It's silly that melee attackers when paired with a range attacker get to attack at range. Especially when the melee attacker then attacks through a wall because of it.

WHAT
This changes everything for my approaches!

Edit: ... I misread that, probably. Never mind. ;-;

WHAT
This changes everything for my approaches!

Edit: ... I misread that, probably. Never mind. ;-;

yeah, I can see how I was unclear. Meant that when a range attacker attacks at range, the melee attacker next to them gets to attack too. And through walls.

Is anyone else starting with Conquest over Birthright? I haven't started either yet, but I feel like I'd slightly prefer the more direct path sans the option to grind.

Edit: I'm totally overwhelmed by the Talent/Boon/Bane options. Can someone just tell me what to pick? I'm so indecisive!

Branduil

I've been having the same problem. I finally realized that I lost Kaze in chapter 4 and am now short a character, and everyone one shots me.

Pretty sure that's going to make chapter 5 impossible. I was finally able to beat it but it required baiting with Kaze+Rinkah.

Rewind

Is anyone else starting with Conquest over Birthright? I haven't started either yet, but I feel like I'd slightly prefer the more direct path sans the option to grind.

Edit: I'm totally overwhelmed by the Talent/Boon/Bane options. Can someone just tell me what to pick? I'm so indecisive!

I picked the STR boon and fragile bane for a melee no magic class, the talent is an extra class to reclass into and pass on so if you pick my boon and bane then you would want to choose a melee talent such as samurai.

yami4ct

Unlucky is the least painful Bane. Luck isn't really a super important stat and you get a +4 item early that basically evens out the bane. As for what you want from your Boon, it depends on what you're classing into. Want to be a mage? Go Intelligence. Want to be a fighter? You can either raise Skill or Strength. Talents are subclasses you'll get later on. You'll probably want to take a look at least at pictures of them. It kind of sucks that the game expects you to make that choice on zero information.

yami4ct

Where can I access/download the dlc? I just finished Chapter 6...or is it in the eShop?

Route DLC is done through the main menu. Map DLC, the Before Awakening is the only one up to download right now, is accessed from the 'Dragon's Gate'. It's a location on the map. The map will open up right after you're done with the My Castle stuff between chapters 6 and 7

Nothing is more depressing in this game than making it to the very end of the map and losing because your attack misses. It's probably time for me to take a break so I can cool down before giving it another go.

Route DLC is done through the main menu. Map DLC, the Before Awakening is the only one up to download right now, is accessed from the 'Dragon's Gate'. It's a location on the map. The map will open up right after you're done with the My Castle stuff between chapters 6 and 7
Thank you!

Nothing is more depressing in this game than making it to the very end of the map and losing because your attack misses. It's probably time for me to take a break so I can cool down before giving it another go.

Son of a goddamn 4% crit.

The odds were in your favor!

This is exactly why I'm playing on Normal/Phoenix. I don't have time for this nonsense with Fates, and I want to get through as much of the game as possible before my next "must-play" title comes out. Awakening launched in a fortuitous dead zone for me, so I did try it out on multiple difficulty levels, but screw that FE:RNG.

Forkball

Seriously can someone tell me how to beat chapter 5 on hard. I don't understand how it's even possible.
Ever play Smash 4? Just do Corrin's down B. Basically protect Corrin and let him/her insta KO everyone. Use Azura's sing to allow him to go twice in one turn.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Arrows tho. Paper thin tho. (இдஇ)
The unit switching has worked wonders for me, fly to an archer and obliterate, then switch back the next turn.

Up to chapter 10, favorite units are Orochi and Setsuna, so strong. I had to shelf Rinkah because she hadn't got a point of STR the entire game.

Conquest so gooood. Chapter 8 got me so mad, I can only reach up to 2 villages but I'm saying this now Effie and Silas are MVP. I just use Arthur to partner for Effie and bring Felicia with her and she tanks for days. DAYS.

It was smooth sailing so far, until Chapter 10. Bah gawd, chapter 10 in hard is driving me insane. One wrong move and some how Felicia & Elise drops like a fly lol. But man Fates, especially Conquest is godsend. Trying to power everything ala Awakening gets my ass handed in a silver platter. It was my mistake in the first few chapters until I decided to play like a snail like back in the old FE.

EFFIE DA REAL MVP.
4TFC5Gl.png

How in the fuck do you beat Nohr Chapter 8 on hard? I'm seriously considering dropping to Normal, Christ.

Don't power through, its better to keep the group together, try to take down enemies one by one. Save the boss for last after you manage to clear the whole area (that's what I did). The boss hits really hard, I had to reset twice for myMU not to die. My 3 highest units for that battle was a lvl 11 Effie, lvl 10 Silas and lvl 12 myMU. I just made sure to work my way around by keeping Effie in front for tanking then snipe the rest.

Tip: keep danger zone on (press x), it helps you plan out your moves and to think ahead so you don't get into tight spot.

Edit:
I also had Felicia as my secondary healer, having that back-up healer to Elise was a great help.

microdot

So I think I'm getting the gist of using seals. But I'm a bit confused into using them proficiently. Is there any recommended level I should be using them at?

Also I just finished chapter 6, should I reclass into my secondary class or max out the noble class?

I won't be able to get the game until Tuesday but I had a question before I start playing: are there any bonuses for having Awakening StreetPass data on your 3DS? I remember hearing about it being a thing but I couldn't find any sources on it.

Thanks.

ryseing

I won't be able to get the game until Tuesday but I had a question before I start playing: are there any bonuses for having Awakening StreetPass data on your 3DS? I remember hearing about it being a thing but I couldn't find any sources on it.

Thanks.

You get a cosmetic which is used in the MyCastle stuff.

GeekyDad

So I think I'm getting the gist of using seals. But I'm a bit confused into using them proficiently. Is there any recommended level I should be using them at?

Also I just finished chapter 6, should I reclass into my secondary class or max out the noble class?

Wondering myself if it's like Awakening where you can build their stats by continuously changing their class and leveling them up before ranking them up.

Wondering myself if it's like Awakening where you can build their stats by continuously changing their class and leveling them up before ranking them up.

No real level grinding until the post game. The Heart Seals take you to an equivalent level instead of to the lowest. You them "catch up" on missing skills (including the classes prepromote) from lowest to highest one level at a time.

You do get a small grinding op in that you can put
off using a master seal until L20 in the base class.

Conquest can"t level grind even post game without DLC. But post game stuff seems like it should be done on Revelations anyway.

Fucking hell is it just me are 100% attacks more rare? Cause it sure feels like it.

Not to mention there has been a huge adjustment period for me with not being able to abuse pair up like awakening or forgetting an enemy pairs up and someone getting WRECKED. Thank God I have two healers cause holy fuck they have been hugely useful and have been getting a work out.

ryseing

is it accurate that with the male avatar means you'll miss out on a children character?

You have to marry one of three characters that can only support Corrin. Otherwise the genders will be uneven and since the kids are tied to father's this time around...

Can someone tell me the point of the capture command? You can't capture bosses so I really don't know when it would ever be useful unless you want sacrificial bait.

is it accurate that with the male avatar means you'll miss out on a children character?

Sort of. If you marry from the standard pool, you'll be left with 1 male character without a wife. So the best thing to do is marry one of the Avatar-supporting-only characters or cut your losses.

EDIT

Can someone tell me the point of the capture command? You can't capture bosses so I really don't know when it would ever be useful unless you want sacrificial bait.

You can capture non-important bosses. Anybody who isn't a royal or
Iago or Hans or Kilma

EDIT2

List of capturable bosses

Forkball

So do I really lose a chance at a child character if Male Corrin marries someone who is not a child character? In Awakening it didn't really matter as the Avatar had two kids (wife's kid and then Morgan).

MY EUGENICS

Kurtofan

You have to marry one of three characters that can only support Corrin. Otherwise the genders will be uneven and since the kids are tied to father's this time around...

Can you tell me what those characters are? Thanks.

Female Corrin canon confirmed.
I only intend to use male Corrin for marrying Anna and marrying one of the sisters to produce a child who is going to have hard time explaining her family tree.

The weapon system revamp.
Only Bronze weapons have good accuracy.
This explains why I've had to donate so much to the RNG Goddess lately. On well guess I better get used to seeing 'miss' a lot more now.

ryseing

The Before Awakening DLC is fanservice in all the right ways. Absolutely loved it.

Takumi could be the next Shinon if he could get a decent friggin level. One point of Skill is nice but I had to feed you those kills.

Pegasi/ninjas are leading the way thanks to how versatile they are. Hinoka is an absolute monster and I've always loved the thief type characters.

You can capture non-important bosses. Anybody who isn't a royal or
Iago or Hans or Kilma

EDIT2

List of capturable bosses

Thank you for this. Haven't missed any yet fortunately.

Renia(birthright)
Flora(conquest)
Scarlet(Birthright)
Anna(DLC/Both)

Down side is that he's the only one they can support aside from the second one.

You'll know them when you see them. Just check their support list and it'll be empty except for the Avatar.

Gunter, Shura, Izana, Flora, Yukimura, Scarlet, Reina, Fuga, Anna.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is Hinoka voiced by Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls? She sounds really similar.

Chase17

LEGENDS HAVE FORETOLD A DAY IN WHICH RINKAH GETS A STRENGTH GROWTH ON LEVEL UP

BUT THAT DAY HAS NOT COME
She may be gone from team the second I get another club user.

Currently before Chapter 10 Birthright.

Currently using the villager (Muzo?) because I'm a fool.

Top Bottom