• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Awww, so is there a specific order I should play them in? I was gonna save COnquest for last since it seems to be the hardest and least rewarding...

Luigi87

Awww, so is there a specific order I should play them in? I was gonna save COnquest for last since it seems to be the hardest and least rewarding...

Aside from Revelation last, Birthright and Conquest can be either order, just most are going Birthright first due to easier.

Anywho asking again on a new page:
If one chooses to skip to chapter 6 for the other version and re-rolls Corrin's Boon/Bane/Talent, what does that do to Corrin's previous stat growths? Do those remain the same?

Question about Birthright chapter 12 (I think?), the one in which you need to escape. Is there a way to feasibly beat
Xander
? He completely mauls everyone. I just shortcutted the chapter by flying up, but I feel like there's a more proper way to clear it. I'm on Hard.

Also, not a huge fan of the maps in Birthright so far (ch. 20 now). They're kind of a chore to get through. Hopefully I'll like Conquest more.

any guides/walkthroughs out there yet that will help me not miss characters/important stuff?

also, guides on not screwing up anything regarding leveling characters?

lastly, are there any characters to avoid that already start pre-promoted and stuff that will screw up your exp gains?

Kinsei

Banned
Is Mozu worth training? I don't want to risk overleveling my other units by doing the challenges if she's not.

Silas is amazing. During the first paralogue he dodged four 70+% attacks in a row.

Azuran

Banned
Is Mozu worth training? I don't want to risk overleveling my other units by doing the challenges if she's not.

Silas is amazing. During the first paralogue he dodged four 70+% attacks in a row.

Silas is good because he's the only character who has some sort of defense is the first 6 or so chapters of Birthright. Even if he's not dodging, he's so good at taking hits and baiting enemy units.

Cindro

Stuck at the character creation screen! Would there be any glaring problem with a defense boon luck bane oni warrior second class setup?

Question / thoughts about a couple of the promotion items. I wouldn't call these spoilers, but I'll tag just in case!

When's the best time to promote units to stuff like Dread Warriors? I'm planning on making my Red Ninja (Birthright) into a Dread Warrior. I'm going to wait until he's a level 20 ninja then promote him, that sounds reasonable to me, but I never used any of the DLC classes in Awakening so I'm not entirely sure if that's recommended.

Also, I'm really glad that Gale Force is nerfed / much harder to get in this game. If you wanted to make a "Perfect" file in Awakening, it pretty much meant abusing the reclass system and children system to get Galeforce on as many people as you could. Now with Fates, Dark Flier is hard to get in the first place (It requires all 3 routes), only two characters per playthrough can become one, and Galeforce is a weaker version of it's past self that isn't unlocked until Level 35. I think this change will encourage more diverse army builds.

"lol I got this, he can tank these two blows and.....CRITICAL HIT."

CbrcvAQUMAEwG2l.jpg
...I've lost to chapter 8 so many times and I cannot even explain why.

Fed-Ex being the true heroes, and getting my copy here today instead of Monday. Love the SE cartridge; and the voices for the token little girl on each side have already done a lot to endear to them more than just their designs did. Can't stop gushing over the battle transitions either. So slick.

Chapter 10: Birthright Character Comments:

My Silas freaking sucks, his level-ups have almost as bad as Rinkah's. Mozu-rella (aka Female Donnel) is the bomb dot com, tho. And Hayato is growing well for me, so far. Ninjas are ninj-ing like SUPER hard. Sky Knights and Diviners are also pretty OP, for what that's worth on Normal.

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 10: Birthright Character Comments:

My Silas freaking sucks, his level-ups have almost as bad as Rinkah's. Mozu-rella (aka Female Donnel) is the bomb dot com, tho. And Hayato is growing well for me, so far. Ninjas are ninj-ing like SUPER hard. Sky Knights and Diviners are also pretty OP, for what that's worth on Normal.

I feel like I've been neglecting my ninjas, but I don't see any reason to use them with both Orochi and Jakob on the field.

Undub patch is working now! An earlier version crashed during a chapter 5 cutscene, the line that made it crash is muted now. Physical only, digital isn't working yet

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/46o2no/fire_emblem_fates_hans_compatible_undubs_have/

Instructions and links from the person who made the undub patch on how to set up homebrew, and link to the HANS patch file. I just homebrewed for this undub, but basically just follow the instructions in the reddit post, it was pretty simple. I'm on a New 3DSXL using the latest firmware. The patch isn't permanent, the game needs to be launched through the homebrew menu -> entering the HANS application -> enable the patch (romfs set to yes) and launch each time to enable the undub patch.

The normal soft reset gives a black screen, but L+R+DOWN+B exits out of HANS lets you relaunch the game without rebooting the entire system.

Download just the one patch that matches your game ID, and it undubs all routes (ie don't download separate patches for each DLC route).

Woops was beaten. Glad to hear it seems really easy

I tried to buy Map Pack 1 with my special edition version, and it's telling me that I already own some of the DLC.

What maps are included with the SE? Should I buy the Map Pack anyway?

CSX

"lol I got this, he can tank these two blows and.....CRITICAL HIT."

...I've lost to chapter 8 so many times and I cannot even explain why.
The RNG can be funky.

I just had a battle where it was me attack twice at 78% and the enemy attack at 85%... All three attacks missed.

Chapter 8 is kicking my ass in Conquest. Been stuck on it for hours.
If I try to get to the houses my people get too split up and picked off. If I don't go for them way too many units spawn to deal with.

Top Bottom