• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

I meant to post this before:

1DC594A806498E10914090BEC47D5840B1255942
This was the very first thing I did upon starting up the game and looking at what was on Workshop in hour 1. Misawa was beaten down badly and survived multiple Burning Hammers. I was so engrossed that I started cheering for him every time he started making a comeback. When Kobashi tapped, I leaped up in elation. I immediately knew this game was off to a wonderful start, ^__^.

Now we just need to give creators some time and then figure out who are the best ones to follow.

Doing mission 8. The battle royal. 5 minutes in, one of the dudes eats a burning hammer and lays unconscious for the rest of the match, which I eventually win in about twenty minutes.

This game is so great.

Doing mission 8. The battle royal. 5 minutes in, one of the dudes eats a burning hammer and lays unconscious for the rest of the match, which I eventually win in about twenty minutes.

This game is so great.

Did they fix the issue the old games had of people trying to target the eliminated dude who was CRITICALed and left sprawled out on the canvas?

Did they fix the issue the old games had of people trying to target the eliminated dude who was CRITICALed and left sprawled out on the canvas?

Seems so. Someone eventually did pick him up, but it wasn't for a good ten or so minutes after he was knocked out. He laid there for quite a while.

Had my first 100% match: AJ (me) vs Rollins (CPU). My first ever 100% in GBA Fire Pro was Brian Danielson vs AJ, so AJ being part of my first 100% here is quite apropos.

This game is so damn fun and it's only night 1!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
My first FPW experience was a Japanese import on my Dreamcast, I had no idea what the menus were nor how the mechanics worked. Played two rounds and turned it off. However an English version could persuade me to try it again especially as since my first experience I have heard nothing but positive feedback and high praises of the franchise.

Hex

Banned
Are anyone elses colors being weird? My color palette seems possesed and no matter how I change it , keeps going back to the same colors between red and black

100 evaluation are they going to add match making or some sort of GM mode? whats the point of that because it seems like crowd reception towards a match, so you'd book those guys into a bigger event scene for their performance

100 evaluation are they going to add match making or some sort of GM mode? whats the point of that because it seems like crowd reception towards a match, so you'd book those guys into a bigger event scene for their performance

I would imagine everything is on the table if it keeps performing like it is now sales-wise.

Hope they optimize this game a bit more very soon. It isn't running so great on my integrated HP laptop, but seen alot of reports of the game running good on old laptops in general -.- feel left out af

Blizzard

Banned
I ended up playing a ridiculous number of hours. I ended up finally using a 360 controller instead of a keyboard since the diagonals were killing me trying to climb back into the ring.

I actually had a couple of random Twitch viewers who helped me with some of the missions, cheered me on, or asked for random things.

The ring editor is there but super barebones right now.

There are a million moves, but there should be some sort of alphabetlcal sorting and a search box since it's hard to find things.

I haven't finished all the missions so I'm not sure if other stuff is locked.

Overall it seems surprisingly polished for an Early Access release night title. I had 0 crashes, and no lag at all. Two small details I liked were your match settings being remembered, and controller / keyboard settings automatically appearing depending on which control device you used to open the menu.

The big thing is that I haven't gotten an online match working yet. If you just do quick match you can get put in the same lobby with an AFK person repeatedly, but at least the search seems to turn up lobbies. However, it always seems to go to a black "CONNECT...." screen as others have reported, so I think that part's broken.

KainXVIII

Tried to watch some steam streams (only 2 for now) and all that they shows are menus exploring (and obnoxious rock music) for 10 minutes lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Tried to watch some steam streams (only 2 for now) and all that they shows are menus exploring (and obnoxious rock music) for 10 minutes lol.
You should have watched me grinding missions (and rock music) for hours! There's a lot of menu exploring to learn the game since I haven't played it before. :p I'm going to mute the ingame music since there are only 3-4 tracks though.

I finally got an online match to work and we played about 15 minutes. I had another freeze at a black screen and had to restart.

Grapple and then hit Run + 3D at the same time (Y + RB on 360 Pad).
Huh, I still haven't figured out what 3D walk does. It seems to almost, but not quite, invert the controls. The tutorials don't explain it as far as I know.

I also haven't figured out how to win the strike contest (slap fight). I'm assume the players take turns pressing a QTE button but I don't know the details.

TikeMyson

Well... I'm new into Fire Pro Wrestling. Very bad and confusing menus. No resolution option, game speed capped to monitor refresh rate, very bad explanation of moves. I have no idea what is going on. Requested a refund after 30 minutes.

Recall

Mash the d-pad and remember to breathe before it. If you have no stamina, you can be pinned out of nowhere.

In some of the other Fire Pro games, holding grapple was the way to kick out but the mashing strategy works well.

Yep stamina is key, and knowing how energy effecient your moveset is in comparability with your style goes a long way.

Fire Pro, never forget to breathe.

Hasney

Well... I'm new into Fire Pro Wrestling. Very bad and confusing menus. No resolution option, game speed capped to monitor refresh rate, very bad explanation of moves. I have no idea what is going on. Requested a refund after 30 minutes.

Did you do the mission mode? It walks it through. Turn VSYNC on and it caps it to 60.

Recall

I personally hope someone takes the time to make a perfect Bret Hart. The most popular one from FPR was pretty simple, so I spent 3 hours using screen grabs of Bret and tinkering it with the layers and options to make the most detailed one I could. It's always a moment of joy when you get your edit just how you want.

I'm very jealous of you all on PC, hope the PS4 version appears before 2018 I really do.

Foffy

Banned
There is actually a really solid Andre up

That's the power of porting from prior games. Kobashi, Misawa, Hayabusa, Mike Awesome, and Rob Van Dam all look to be ports of official Spike versions from prior games, so they're likely the closest to "realistic" of the wrestlers presently available.

Runners up would be anything curated by the Fire Pro Arena that aren't ports, so that would be Edge, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, and Atsushi Onita, among others.

It seems Japanese players are trying to do ports, too. I saw an Antonio Inoki in the Workshop.

how is the tutorial for this? would i be okay to dive in blind or should i look up tutorials first?

The tutorial helps get a jist of it, but I imagine it's still daunting to new players.

You can dive right in and mess with the CPUs to get a good feel of the mechanics.

Blizzard

Banned
how is the tutorial for this? would i be okay to dive in blind or should i look up tutorials first?
The tutorials explain a good bit. Definitely do the tutorials and maybe missions 1-10 or so.

The rest of the missions may be nice if you enjoy them but I'm not sure how necessary they are.

As of mission 10-12 I still don't understand some mechanics, like 3D walk or how to win the slap fight.

Where can I watch some free wrasslin' online that isn't quite as cheesy as WWE but isn't people picking broken glass out of their eyeballs either?

Top Bottom