• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Not usually a PC gamer but bought this just to support the devs.

Very barebones so far but it's classic Fire Pro, and the new crowds and arena and animations look wonderful. I still have the ability to play Returns so I'll likely stick to that for my Fire Pro fix for now, but I can't wait until the full featured release on PS4.

So happy to see Fire Pro back.

Foffy

Banned
what groupings are you guys using? I just have USA and JP as the "federations" and then WWE, NJPW, etc under that as stables

its pretty sloppy and I dont like it

I am trying to be realistic with it.

If a wrestler is signed to a promotion, I make the promotion. If they're a freelancer, I put them in a freelance category, and if they're a legend who isn't active, they get their own listing under legends.

This is what mine looks like as a sample.

WWE
- Raw
Seth Rollins
-SmackDown
AJ Styles
Kevin Owens
Shinsuke Nakamura

Legends
Hayabusa
Kenta Kobashi
Mitsuharu Misawa

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just beat mission 26, that was a madhouse.

8 man battle royale where eliminated wrestlers stay in the match and keep attacking people and disrupting pins.

Jamie OD

The wrestler select screen is slow on my laptop but everything else with the game works fine. It's a little odd but I can deal with it for now.

mission 5 is a pain

I landed a move from the turnbuckle to the outside but it still said I failed.

also, how do you change attires?

T.A.L

I can't do mission 17 for shit. I accidentally did the run + 3D command once. What's the technique for throwing someone over the ropes?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
First match I did was Kobashi vs Cena which had a strike exchange with kobashi chopping and cena punching

5 stars

I feel like I must be missing something in mission four. I'm hitting the finisher (the belly to back suplex) and then pinning and winning. But it keeps saying I failed.

Recall

I can't do mission 17 for shit. I accidentally did the run + 3D command once. What's the technique for throwing someone over the ropes?

Stand close to the ropes, hold down grapple and once hooked up, press the run button and direction towards the ropes.

The run button is used as to do an Irish whip, but close to the ropes it can toss them over.

The closer you are the more likely you will throw someone over.

Hasney

I feel like I must be missing something in mission four. I'm hitting the finisher (the belly to back suplex) and then pinning and winning. But it keeps saying I failed.

The finisher is SML+MED front grapple. Called something like spinning wheelbarrow or something.

The F is for Favorite, not Finisher. His finisher is Small+Med from front grapple, marked S for Signature.

It's weird, part of the old conventions of Fire Pro carrying over.

Foffy

Banned
Any idea on how to finish Mission 27? I assume you're supposed to win via the Eddie Guerrero-ish chair move, but the ref only cared once, and I don't believe you can distract the ref otherwise.

are rings and logos and stuff not in the workshop? or it it just no ones made them?

Rings don't have Workshop support at this time, and there's no logo editor at the moment.

Recall

Main finishers are both grapple buttons together. Either once behind grappling or front grappling you press both buttons.

Edgeward

Damn, decided to try it out since mission mode is in it. The timing is different from other games, like you need to delay it more after you touch shoulders. I always did it as soon as the they touched shoulders or just about to. Adjusted quickly enough.

Would have liked them to explain more of the new stuff like exchanges in mission mode before throwing you into a match. Spent a good chunk of the rest of the time just renaming moves to things like Rainmaker and One Winged Angel. Can't wait to see how this comes along in the future cause this looks pretty much what I wanted.

T.A.L

Stand close to the ropes, hold down grapple and once hooked up, press the run button and direction towards the ropes.

The run button is used as to do an Irish whip, but close to the ropes it can toss them over.

The closer you are the more likely you will throw someone over.

I did that and it didn't count. I think it wants me to do the throw over using run + 3D but I can't get that off at all. The computer just pulled me from center ring and threw me over. I rolled under the bottom rope tho.

The finisher is that wheelbarrow slam or whatever .

The finisher is SML+MED front grapple. Called something like spinning wheelbarrow or something.

The F is for Favorite, not Finisher. His finisher is Small+Med from front grapple, marked S for Signature.

It's weird, part of the old conventions of Fire Pro carrying over.

Main finishers are both grapple buttons together. Either once behind grappling or front grappling you press both buttons.

I see. Thanks guys. I thought F signified Finisher.

the tutorial needs sooooooooooooo much more work, it needs to show the inputs on the controller you should press, it should also give signals of when you should press something, it definitely needs a lot more work.

I can't for the life of me pin lol

Edgeward

the tutorial needs sooooooooooooo much more work, it needs to show the inputs on the controller you should press, it should also give signals of when you should press something, it definitely needs a lot more work.

I can't for the life of me pin lol

R2 or right trigger for pinning.

I always thought F was for Finisher and S was Super finisher lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's number three on the top seller list on Steam currently, just above Rocket League.

Pretty cool.
my only worry is if it does well, someone working for WWE or NJPW just seeing 'OKADA. ROMAN REIGNS.' etc right on the front of the workshop page

yC0ojEi.jpg

I created something, Brother!

What change?

In the older games, pin was a move that you put on your Med/Big while downed actions.

This had the effect that there pretty much wasn't a universal "this is how you pin" action, you just had to figure out the combination of whether it was Med or Big, at their head or feet, and on their stomach or back.

How do you do Corner-to-Center moves?

dman4life8017 has made some great stuff already. My only problem is that Nakamura's Kinshasa is done from that position and I have no idea how to get it to trigger.

T.A.L

How do you do Corner-to-Center moves?

dman4life8017 has made some great stuff already. My only problem is that Nakamura's Kinshasa is done from that position and I have no idea how to get it to trigger.

When your opponent is in the center of the ring and down go to a corner hold the dpad back towards the turnbuckle and press what ever button (big) is assigned too

In the older games, pin was a move that you put on your Med/Big while downed actions.

This had the effect that there pretty much wasn't a universal "this is how you pin" action, you just had to figure out the combination of whether it was Med or Big, at their head or feet, and on their stomach or back.
I'm not a fire pro hardcore, so I welcome Universal pin button with arms wide open.

Top Bottom