• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Think you'd have to restart, but other than that, nope.

Yup, updates everything automatically on the title screen when you start the game. That is pretty awesome.

I hope, really hope they will work on the CAW mode in the early access time. It's "ok" but not more, not anywhere near a good standard that we should have today. Because we only can choose stuff and choose on which layer we will place it, we can't really create anything one of a kind.
If we could, at least, change the size of an object, move the object and place it where we want and if we could spin the object, this would give us the opportunity to really create what we want. Like in WWE games. You want Kevin Owens with his KO shirt? Just create the "KO" on his body with rectangles.
We don't need 3000 different graphics based on real attires, we just need the ability to spin, change size and place it freely and this would fix so much.
Now, we have many faces yes, but when it comes to body art, graphics, things to place on the legs and body, it's pretty barebones and we can't do that much with it. It's so limiting.

JambiBum

So has anyone else had bad desync when playing online matches? I saw the video about how to fix the black screen problem with CAW wrestlers but we didn't really have that issue because we were using the defaults. We just ran into an issue where we would desync and we would be doing completely different things and it made it impossible to play.

CookTrain

Yup, updates everything automatically on the title screen when you start the game. That is pretty awesome.

I hope, really hope they will work on the CAW mode in the early access time. It's "ok" but not more, not anywhere near a good standard that we should have today. Because we only can choose stuff and choose on which layer we will place it, we can't really create anything one of a kind.
If we could, at least, change the size of an object, move the object and place it where we want and if we could spin the object, this would give us the opportunity to really create what we want. Like in WWE games. You want Kevin Owens with his KO shirt? Just create the "KO" on his body with rectangles.
We don't need 3000 different graphics based on real attires, we just need the ability to spin, change size and place it freely and this would fix so much.
Now, we have many faces yes, but when it comes to body art, graphics, things to place on the legs and body, it's pretty barebones and we can't do that much with it. It's so limiting.

With it all being sprite based for the characters, it's highly likely we won't get that kind of positional ability with pieces just because they're made bespoke for the layout of the game, rather than a texture slapped on top of polygons.

My Kenny's looking better now that it's not 4am in the morning:

60bJO9H.jpg

Out of habit I only realised I could use my mouse in creation mode as I was doing the finishing touches...

Am considering going through the move list and giving everything the right name next for future use.

Hasney

Are there any good beginners guides for the series? I just gave the character creation a whirl and holy crap it's super intimidating

The mission mode will take you through the basics of gameplay, but the editor interface is fairly new so there's no real guides yet.

There's some good guides to Returns linked below that should help with CPU logic and things that have carried over directly.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=166

hlhbk

Well... I'm new into Fire Pro Wrestling. Very bad and confusing menus. No resolution option, game speed capped to monitor refresh rate, very bad explanation of moves. I have no idea what is going on. Requested a refund after 30 minutes.

Did you not read up on the game? Sounds like you didn't give it a chance at all. Oh well your loss not playing the GOAT wrestling game ever.

Helznicht

A couple CAWS I am working.

qFWwQzI.jpg

Shit-ton of faces and hair, not a lot of any thing else unfortunately. Hope that add more outfits, emblems and accessories during EA.

McCool is not bad! I see 0 in her body and attire but the hair is perfect.
I would make it a bit less yellow, more bleach blonde.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I remember just a white webpage with links to translation patches for SNES wrestling games and save files and just having all the edits ready to go.

Ah, I'm in good company here. Also found theres a front grapple burning lariat, hurrah!

Prophane33

The only time in my life that I've stayed up more than 24 hours was back when Fire Pro Returns came out in Japan, I was up all night and then some giving everyone their correct name. I had a pro action replay memory card thing, so I was able to download CAWs, but it wasn't until Returns was put up on PSN years later that it became so much easier to just use a thumb drive to transfer CAW data and download a pack that instantly had all the correct names; ah, progress. Now I can just click "subscribe" and boom I have whoever I need.

Ronin Ray

60bJO9H.jpg

Out of habit I only realised I could use my mouse in creation mode as I was doing the finishing touches...

Am considering going through the move list and giving everything the right name next for future use.

Looks good

s_mirage

Doing the mission mode now. Is it just me, or is the required timing tighter than it was in Returns?

Edit: I think it is me. I'm used to playing Returns on PCSX2, and I'm assuming that I'm used to a slight amount of input lag there and it's making me press early.

Hasney

Doing the mission mode now. Is it just me, or is the required timing tighter than it was in Returns?

Edit: I think it is me. I'm used to playing Returns on PCSX2, and I'm assuming that I'm used to a slight amount of input lag there and it's making me press early.

Yeah, emulation and TV input lag compared to a native PC game on a monitor with tiny response times really makes a difference. Also, those mission timings are tight to teach the proper timing. Lower difficulties do give you more time after the first touch before the AI responds.

Prophane33

Just you. I think there is a slight difference with V-Sync on and off (I've been playing with off), but otherwise timing seemed the same as always (on difficulty 4 anyway).

I'm working on an Asuka, I'm really happy with how she turned out looking but maaaaan everything else is a lot of work. Lol. I wouldn't mind if I didn't know that some Fire Pro professional would have a perfect one made in like the next few days

un97Afe.png

tWL6iJV.png

I'm working on an Asuka, I'm really happy with how she turned out looking but maaaaan everything else is a lot of work. Lol. I wouldn't mind if I didn't know that some Fire Pro professional would have a perfect one made in like the next few days

Looks good, you might want to check the FPW Arena forums as someone over there has a better design on the hair but your outfit is better.
RItTcEi.png

Hex

Banned
I'm stuck in the first mission, no matter when I press is too early or too late :/

That is the golden key in this game. Once you get it down, the game is your oyster.
But it is frustrating.
I will say this, in matches it is more forgiving

Foffy

Banned
Lol, like I said, professionals

No idea how to do split hair and stuff. Will check it out

I believe the Fire Pro Arena has a Discord.

No idea if they're sharing tips to help people out, but as I mentioned earlier, those guys likely have the best Edits available for the game already.

I believe the Fire Pro Arena has a Discord.

No idea if they're sharing tips to help people out, but as I mentioned earlier, those guys likely have the best Edits available for the game already.
Yea that's why I'm not exactly rushing to finish her moveset or AI. Was fun to mess with for an hour but I know those guys are cooking up the good stuff

Is it possible to copy the appearance from one downloaded edit and everything else from another one? Basically, if I find two edits of the same character where one plays perfectly but the other nailed the look can I combine them into one?

Is it possible to copy the appearance from one downloaded edit and everything else from another one? Basically, if I find two edits of the same character where one plays perfectly but the other nailed the look can I combine them into one?
You can't even edit the ones you download unfortunately

It's cool because it preserves the work of the creator and you don't get a bunch of copycats, but prevents you from doing anything like that

Bog

Junior Ace
The spin-a-roonie being in just got them $20 from me. I was gonna wait for PS4, but it'll probably be a hell of a lot easier to get new CAWs on PC. Can't believe I used to do them by hand on 6MS for Saturn... in Japanese.

Noticed someone put up a couple of ICW guys up on the workshop, hoping that continues and matures with logic/moves before I jump in and buy the game.

60bJO9H.jpg

You should definitely upload that.

Jamie OD

Some of the edit layouts are convoluted in a way I don't understand. Like the name option requires you to use both first name and surname which is awkward for single name wrestlers. I can find workarounds for them but it is silly.

With that said I am falling in love with this game. The little tweaks added that Returns never had makes this feel fresh and the community creations so far have been great to see. Playing a CM Punk & Atsushi Onita Vs Conor McGregor & Pete Dunne barbed wire match is a lot of fun.

TikeMyson

Did you do the mission mode? It walks it through. Turn VSYNC on and it caps it to 60.

Omg, thank you... was looking for a tutorial or training mode but didn't find it. Gave it another shot and I'm starting to like it. Just finished doing the basics. Trying do do some matches next.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm looking forward to people hitting the 80s/90s guys. I need Demolition, Jake the Snake Roberts, Million Dollar Man, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, etc., along with the entire WCW roster.

Slizz

Finally got to play my first match, power went out for 9 hours here. Got a 72% just cause of a DQ.

I went from COM level 4 to 6 immediately, 4 felt so slow. Anybody getting a weird sound issue where the contact of the blow is made before it happens. I'll be in a grapple and hear the strike/move before it actually happens. I'm not talking about the slap you make during the grapple either.

Seijuro

Great game. I immediately proceeded to download a few chars and had my first Fire Pro match in 13 years with AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura. Fire Pro is still the best (though the game still needs some work done).

I immediately felt at home, but how do I do a Corner-to-Center (Big) move? It's the Kinshasa from the Shinsuke CAW I downloaded. Funnily enough I somehow pulled off a Shining Wizard with AJ that also was a corner to center move, but I'm not sure how I did that.

T.A.L

For new players I definitely recommend seeking out Bill Woods Fire Pro Returns guide. It helped me out a lot even tho I had played these games before. Some things have changed but the majority of the info applies to World as well.

T.A.L

Great game. I immediately proceeded to download a few chars and had my first Fire Pro match in 13 years with AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura. Fire Pro is still the best (though the game still needs some work done).

I immediately felt at home, but how do I do a Corner-to-Center (Big) move? It's the Kinshasa from the Shinsuke CAW I downloaded. Funnily enough I somehow pulled off a Shining Wizard with AJ that also was a corner to center move, but I'm not sure how I did that.

Opponent laid out in the center of the ring. Go to the right or left corner. Hold the dpad towards the turnbuckle and press b.

Top Bottom