• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Hasney

How hard is to get into if I've never played a single game?
Also, is there a mode where you start "small" and go "big"?

The mission mode will take you through the basics fine enough and other than different match types, there's not really a mode like that other than doing the missions.

Rafus

Love some of the creations. But I need to see Kenny Omega doing the One-Winged Angel to Okada! :D
Will get this game eventually. Still thinking Steam or PS4.

The tutorial helps get a jist of it, but I imagine it's still daunting to new players.

You can dive right in and mess with the CPUs to get a good feel of the mechanics.

The tutorial will get you the grapple timings down, which is very helpful. The rest can be learned by messing around with the CPU.

The tutorials explain a good bit. Definitely do the tutorials and maybe missions 1-10 or so.

The rest of the missions may be nice if you enjoy them but I'm not sure how necessary they are.

As of mission 10-12 I still don't understand some mechanics, like 3D walk or how to win the slap fight.

Oh awesome, thank you

Spuck-uk

Banned
Has someone got a list of available moves for the game yet?

Are any of the following in?

Bomaye knee
Burning hammer
Burning lariat (pickup from the mat)
Steiner Screwdriver

WeskerXXI

Still two hours left of work... can't wait. At least I know that the wait will only improve the edits available in the Workshop.

Has someone got a list of available moves for the game yet?

Are any of the following in?

Bomaye knee
Burning hammer
Burning lariat (pickup from the mat)
Steiner Screwdriver

Talking by what I've read here and what I remember from FRW Returns:

Boma Ye: Yes, new in World
Burning Hammer: Yes
Burning Lariat: I don't remember, but I think it was in Returns
Steiner Screwdriver: Yes

Edit: Beaten with a Burning Lariat

Spuck-uk

Banned
Thanks for the replies.

Only 6 more hours of work til I can play. First FiPro game I've got since the GBA version!

I'm super interested in this as I've never played a FPW game. How long will it be $20? I had some unexpected hospital bills come up for my daughter so I'll have to wait to try to get it.

DynamicG

I'm having an issue in edit mode. Whenever I go to edit the color on a part the color slider on the right automatically slides up very quickly and it will not stay where I put it. I'm using an Xb1 controller with the official adapter, has anyone else had this happen?

Syder

I'm having an issue in edit mode. Whenever I go to edit the color on a part the color slider on the right automatically slides up very quickly and it will not stay where I put it. I'm using an Xb1 controller with the official adapter, has anyone else had this happen?
Using a PS4 controller and this is happening to me too.

Has anyone with an i3 CPU played this game?

I'd like to gift it to a friend but last I heard his PC = i3 (purchased in 2014 if relevant)

I feel like that should be good enough to run this game (especially if specs are otherwise decent/good) despite what the minimum requirements say on steam, but please let me know if I'm wrong so I can save myself the money and both of us the disappointment in finding that he can't run it.

I almost exclusively play on console, so I'm far from savvy when it comes to PC gaming.

Thanks in advance anyone who can answer, or even hazard a guess...

If it's very likely it will, I'll probably just get it for him and hope for the best.

Hasney

I'd like to gift it to a friend but last I heard his PC = i3 (purchased in 2014 if relevant)

I feel like that should be good enough to run this game (especially if specs are otherwise decent/good) despite what the minimum requirements say on steam, but please let me know if I'm wrong so I can save myself the money and both of us the disappointment in finding that he can't run it.

I almost exclusively play on console, so I'm far from savvy when it comes to PC gaming.

If it's very likely it will, I'll probably just get it for him and hope for the best.

I've heard of people running it on a Core2Duo. menus are weirdly slow sometimes, but the matches are great. An i3 should be fine.

Had that too, you have to use this mode without a controller connected to the PC. You have to restart the game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I'm running it on a Pentium G630.

Your friend will be fine.

Goin got to buy this when I get home from work. Hope it reminds me of when I use to run home from jr high and hop on the emulator to play super fire pro premium x... good times.

Hasney

Goin got to buy this when I get home from work. Hope it reminds me of when I use to run home from jr high and hop on the emulator to play super fire pro premium x... good times.

I remember just a white webpage with links to translation patches for SNES wrestling games and save files and just having all the edits ready to go.

Hasney

Christ this commentary is killing me. Too early for this.

Shibata killing himself even in game form omg

The Kobashi/Funk back and forth lmao

New Legacy Inc are constantly hilarious. I wouldn't watch WWE PPVs if they didn't do their commentary over it, so well worth subscribing for their Fire Pro and WWE game videos.

Tall4Life

On CanYouRunIt, everything from my laptop meets the minimum except my CPU which is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz. Is it possible that it'll still run fine or should I not bother, lol

Need to start singling out the good creators. There is going to be a lot of junk in there.

Oh yeah, the next weeks will be hard. You can't even trust the stars or downloads because it's brand new and what looks good on the first sights could get massive downloads even if it's not really that good.

So I know you need to beat mission mode to unlock some moves

Do you need to beat it for downloaded workshop creations' moves? Or is it only for your personal creations

I'd assume since you can't actually alter downloads that it wouldn't be an issue

Top Bottom