• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

omg the caws and the gifs in the main thread .... wow. ugh. so ... tempting. that spineroonie and the "RAINMAKER!!!!" commentary i hear in my head.... (i've only ever watched him wrestle once. i dont even remember his name).

omg the caws and the gifs in the main thread .... wow. ugh. so ... tempting. that spineroonie and the "RAINMAKER!!!!" commentary i hear in my head.... (i've only ever watched him wrestle once. i dont even remember his name).
Try it for sure. You can always refund on Steam.

Seijuro

Opponent laid out in the center of the ring. Go to the right or left corner. Hold the dpad towards the turnbuckle and press b.

Thanks, I'll try that. I think the mistake I made was I laid the opponent just in front of the corner and not in the center.

T.A.L

I could get the 100% save. But I know I'll never play with these base characters again or play half of these match types so I'm thundering thru.

Slizz

I wanted the finish to be the chickenwing but whatev's

RaCaNtv.png

I think if I didn't cancel an earlier pin that I know woulda have beaten him immediately and let it ride to 2, I would have got 95% or higher. Was to trigger happy and didn't even let the ref count to 1.

You can't even edit the ones you download unfortunately

It's cool because it preserves the work of the creator and you don't get a bunch of copycats, but prevents you from doing anything like that
You can't edit downloaded edits, but I'm pretty sure you can copy them and use it as a base for your own. That's what I was asking about, copying appearance from one and everything else from another.

T.A.L

so online will allow us to sim our edits vs each other's huh? I had read that but didn't really think of the applications. That could be cool as I used to be one of those Efed guys.

SMG

need help. Subscribed to tons of wrestlers on the work shop and have no idea how to actually use them in the game. Only SWA guys listed.

need help. Subscribed to tons of wrestlers on the work shop and have no idea how to actually use them in the game. Only SWA guys listed.
Edit team -> transfer wrestlers. Your downloaded stuff is in Retired

You'll probably want to make new promotions and stables to keep things organized

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
For some reason when I make an edit it won't do the entrance taunt I set. Everything else works fine though.

giphy.gif

Couldn't find anything on the chest pieces that would have made a good middle suction cup, so I guess he was in a grisly accident that saw it removed and only the scar remains.

Oh wow the actual matches are a lot more forgiving that the first few tutorials. As a complete newbie, those first few tutorials were a killer with learning the timing.

Also quick q, will we be able to just download a large batch of wrestlers, like say a WWE pack or a NJPW pack as opposed to downloading them one by one?

Slizz

I've only played 3 matches against the CPU and I can't believe how much fun I'm already having. I seriously have only scratched the surface.

Foffy

Banned
So what exactly is locked behind the tutorial stuff?

Moves and edit points.

On the Steam forum, there's a completed save of the tutorial if you want to bypass it.

I still cannot wait for a Puroresu Kingdom-ish collection for the game. For those that don't know, that was a collaboration between DJKM and DesertPunk (and maybe a few others IIRC) in Fire Pro Returns which basically gave the game an annual "Fire Pro" release by updating rosters and basically acting as annual fan saves for the game.

Both of those dudes are making Edits for World.

SMG

Edit team -> transfer wrestlers. Your downloaded stuff is in Retired

You'll probably want to make new promotions and stables to keep things organized
Go to transfer wrestler and move them out of retired into one of your teams.

Couldn't find anything on the chest pieces that would have made a good middle suction cup, so I guess he was in a grisly accident that saw it removed and only the scar remains.[/QUOTE]

Thank you both. odd way of doing it.

AColdDay

I'm looking at the CAWs and this looks phenomenal. What are the chances that this gets some sort of Create-A-Story mode?

tchocky

Oh wow the actual matches are a lot more forgiving that the first few tutorials. As a complete newbie, those first few tutorials were a killer with learning the timing.

Also quick q, will we be able to just download a large batch of wrestlers, like say a WWE pack or a NJPW pack as opposed to downloading them one by one?

Yes in steam workshop under browse select collections

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=564230&browsesort=trend&section=collections

Couldn't find anything on the chest pieces that would have made a good middle suction cup, so I guess he was in a grisly accident that saw it removed and only the scar remains.

Amazing! I'm a huge DOTT fan (have a purple tentacle pin on my jacket) and was shocked and delighted last week to unlock a Purple Tentacle car-topper as I was getting hooked by my first few games of Rocket League.

Looking forward to having Hoagie/Purple Tentacle battles in Fire Pro soon...

Helznicht

You can't even edit the ones you download unfortunately

It's cool because it preserves the work of the creator and you don't get a bunch of copycats, but prevents you from doing anything like that

You can actually, kinda. You can use a template when creating a new character. Then all your downloads are available to use as that template. I downloaded the CM punk and them modified him and added an extra outfit.

my mods
xPRnHfP.jpg

T.A.L

How do you do the Eddie Guerrero special with a chair. You know throw the chair to the guy and get him disqualified. Need help for mission 27

Edit:
Nevermind I see it's a move. Chair illusion.

korly

For Firepro D I used to burn my own copies of the game with the WAV files replaced with whatever songs I wanted to use. It was during the Invasion so like "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" was on there.

You can probably do that even easier on this PC version?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Does (BIG) + <----> mean you can use left or right on the day pad for the move? Not some weird use both thing I'll never be able to do?

Yea either direction works.

For Firepro D I used to burn my own copies of the game with the WAV files replaced with whatever songs I wanted to use. It was during the Invasion so like "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" was on there.

You can probably do that even easier on this PC version?

They've said that .mp3 support is coming during the EA process.

The NewLegacy, a kinda famous group in the wrestling games, has a workshop collection with many wrestlers created or supervised by them.
I think it's gonna save some time in looking for the less popular CAWs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972944976

Mhhh i don't know, i can't really recommend it. It looks like a list with the scheme "Let's put everything in it that we can find, every first release of a figure goes in here"..... including a Bear and Homer Simpson.

I don't know. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Foffy

Banned
How do you finish Mission 30? All you get are leg drops from the cage and the AI doesn't stay down long enough for me to do them...

Ah, I have to scrape together $20. I'm oddly interested in this even though I haven't watched wrestling in 10+ years. I need to learn from you guys.

Top Bottom