• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Took a crack at AJ, which is up on the Workshop.

Just like with FPR, the Hero chest stuff works perfectly for chest hair - which reminds me, I should make Goldberg next.

norm9

Played a couple matches against the cpu last night. Forgot how hard it is to time grappling correctly and the urge to button mash is very strong.

Was able to win a battle royal last night by pinning the last guy since I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to throw him over the top rope.

Slizz

They are attached to the right stick. Each direction is a different taunt. Don't know why you can't bind them though.
Can't believe I never tried the right stick. Just so used to it being the left stick
Played a couple matches against the cpu last night. Forgot how hard it is to time grappling correctly and the urge to button mash is very strong.

Was able to win a battle royal last night by pinning the last guy since I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to throw him over the top rope.

Triangle/Y near the ropes after in a grapple to throw them over

Getting closer to 100% think if I just went a little longer I would have gotten a 100% but Jericho was working me.

mTPk0n3.jpg

Hasney

Over the top rope is 3D+Run near the ropes, so RB&Y or R1&Triangle.

Triangle/Y near the ropes after in a grapple to throw them over

Without RB/R1, that's just through the ropes.

Mhhh i don't know, i can't really recommend it. It looks like a list with the scheme "Let's put everything in it that we can find, every first release of a figure goes in here"..... including a Bear and Homer Simpson.

I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Heh, just saw your comment there for it but yeah, I'm not crazy about the non-wrestling characters in the pack now that I've actually paid attention to what's in it.

Slizz

Lotta indie guys out there with logic and movesets. ZSJ, Lio Rush, Scurll, Riddle, Havoc, Joey Ryan :lol.

A good KUSHIDA out there too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Noticed that nobody had made a Satoshi Kojima yet, so I made one myself. Haven't done logic yet but everything else is done. If anyone uses him, tell me what you think!

EDIT: Link!

Mhhh i don't know, i can't really recommend it. It looks like a list with the scheme "Let's put everything in it that we can find, every first release of a figure goes in here"..... including a Bear and Homer Simpson.

I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It mostly is. A BEAR was made by a guy in nL and the Simpsons CAWs were on stream yesterday. Some of the "OCs" are either nL characters or the nL guys themselves.

There's some good stuff there (it's curated by a fan rather than nL themselves) so pick and choose what you want.

JambiBum

So I found out that if you turn vsync on it messes with the online mode and basically makes it unplayable. When you turn vsync on it causes the online play option to turn grey but you can still select it. However, if you do and you play a match it will have bad desync problems. If you leave vsync off then the option is red and matches play great.

Hasney

I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any collection with BEPIS is a collection I can get behind.

So I found out that if you turn vsync on it messes with the online mode and basically makes it unplayable. When you turn vsync on it causes the online play option to turn grey but you can still select it. However, if you do and you play a match it will have bad desync problems. If you leave vsync off then the option is red and matches play great.

what really? I have yet to play online but I have to keep vsync on because otherwise the game would be set to the refresh rate of the monitor which for me would be at 144

no bueno

Hasney

Hmm, I was using KO and his signature said Counter (SML) in the move list.

Yeah, that will be his default counter against SML moves. But it depends on the move, like they might have a counter to BIG, but if they go for a powerbomb, it'll go to the style of counter in edit mode like strong would back body drop and cruiser would hurricanrana.

what really? I have yet to play online but I have to keep vsync on because otherwise the game would be set to the refresh rate of the monitor which for me would be at 144

no bueno

Yeah, gotta wait for the patch, as hilarious as it is to try and play at 165hz

beanman25

Loving this game so far, but never really delved much into the innards of like simming matches and stuff. Is there a preferred level to set the CPU at for that?

Yeah, that will be his default counter against SML moves. But it depends on the move, like they might have a counter to BIG, but if they go for a powerbomb, it'll go to the style of counter in edit mode like strong would back body drop and cruiser would hurricanrana.
Cool. Thanks. Odd that it would be so awkward to pull off a signature!

JambiBum

no bueno

I think it sets it to default to 60 fps during online matches with vsync off. I don't know why it works this way but it does. The desync problem might just be between a friend and I because it doesn't happen against randoms afaik. I need to test it with other people on my friend list to know for sure.

Foffy

Banned
Yaknow, it says a lot that the game is fun despite there being an apparently massive problem with the game's AI that appears to have just been uncovered.

Edits on the workshop not only have a bug where you only get one attire, but all of their Priority logic is busted. We're talking if you program X>Y and set that to 100%, the AI will actually not do this. I guess this explains why one of the Shawn Michaels edits never ever did the corner superkick and the guy who made it tried to work around it, and why a regular superkick was never, ever followed up.

Foffy

Banned
Seems the community already found the problem I alluded to.

If any of your priority moves are followed up with a pin, and that pin is linked to RT/R2 -- a dedicated pin button for World -- the logic gets busted and the AI doesn't know how to follow through on this command. Link it to an A/X or B/Circle ground attack, make that the pin button, and it gets fixed.

It seems that the Edits online that have avoided this problem are all ports of Returns content, complete with moves. I guess that explains why I almost always win online when using Kobashi or Misawa.

Seems the community already found the problem I alluded to.

If any of your priority moves are followed up with a pin, and that pin is linked to RT/R2 -- a dedicated pin button for World -- the logic gets busted and the AI doesn't know how to follow through on this command. Link it to an A/X or B/Circle ground attack, make that the pin button, and it gets fixed.

It seems that the Edits online that have avoided this problem are all ports of Returns content, complete with moves. I guess that explains why I almost always win online when using Kobashi or Misawa.

I see. So if any of your moves has pin as a follow-up, it is broken. Damn. That's what early access is for. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

Foffy

Banned
I see. So if any of your moves has pin as a follow-up, it is broken. Damn. That's what early access is for. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

Not any, but any that use the logic of going for the dedicated pin button.

If the Edit has a moveset of prior games where you can use the face buttons for a pin, it will go for those with no issue.

I assume they failed to introduce the new pin button into the same variables regarding priority logic, hence why it breaks. And it breaks pretty bad; a lot of edits that seemingly do their finisher, only to lift the opponent up and do a different move...a lot of that is likely on this mistake. Many probably won't even notice unless you sim prior games and have noticed something off already. I know I did with one of the Shawn Michaels edits.

Like I said in my earlier post, any edits that are more or less direct ports from Returns avoid this issue, because they kept pins to the face buttons and didn't fill them in with attacks or submissions. Kobashi and Misawa do not have this problem, but Nakamura and Rollins do, for example; the latter do not have pins on the face buttons, IIRC.

Can you download arenas? Where are they on the workshop?

Not available at this time. Right now it's just wrestlers and refs.

Not any, but any that use the logic of going for the dedicated pin button.

If the Edit has a moveset of prior games where you can use the face buttons for a pin, it will go for those with no issue.

I assume they failed to introduce the new pin button into the same variables regarding priority logic, hence why it breaks. And it breaks pretty bad; a lot of edits that seemingly do their finisher, only to lift the opponent up and do a different move...a lot of that is likely on this mistake. Many probably won't even notice unless you sim prior games and have noticed something off already. I know I did with one of the Shawn Michaels edits.

Like I said in my earlier post, any edits that are more or less direct ports from Returns avoid this issue, because they kept pins to the face buttons and didn't fill them in with attacks or submissions. Kobashi and Misawa do not have this problem, but Nakamura and Rollins do, for example; the latter do not have pins on the face buttons, IIRC.

Not available at this time. Right now it's just wrestlers and refs.

Sorry. Yeah I meant dedicated pin button. Thanks for the info.

I finally picked this up and it's great.

Never played a Fire Pro game before and the combat seems pretty intuitive after doing the tutorial and it's crazy to see how many different moves are in the game, shit is crazy.

Gurrry

Stuck on that mission where you have to do a high flying move to the outside.

How do I get my opponent to the outside of the ring?

Also - how do you get workshop characters to show up?

For the first part, I don't know, that's where I stopped the tutorial.

But to get workshop characters you need to make a promotion/team and then add them from the retired option.

If you get them close to the ropes then grapple into irish whip ot should send them out. Then you can run and hold B when running back toward them to do a tope or whatever. Or you can move into the ropes and hold B to do a springboard type move. I think you only need to connect with 1 or maybe a couple of moves to the outside then just win normally.

You can also grapple with RUN + 3D and use that to throw them out but it is really tricky.

Top Bottom