• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look: CW's Supergirl & Superman Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
All I can picture now is Supergirl beating the shit out of him, seriously they could have taken a better photo smh

Then again, maybe that's the point hah

Dalek

Let it be known that henceforth this version of the character is to be referred to as Clark Can't in all future Supergirl threads.

sleepykyo

All I can picture now is Supergirl beating the shit out of him, seriously they could have taken a better photo smh

Then again, maybe that's the point hah

Well it is the Supergirl show. So yeah, this is going to be the biggest jobber Superman since that animated series.

Krowley

Lol at the comments.

Bad press shots, but the guy will actually make a great superman. I've seen him in other stuff and he fits the role well.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
He don't look like Superman without the spit curl.

screaming-goat-spit-o.gif

Someone photoshop Struggleman into this.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Think it looks fine. It's just weird that Kara's doing the Superman pose while he looks like he's thinking way too hard on what to do with his hands.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Not a fan either. Looks like Derpyman.

Loxley

"Hey, Superman, you see how Supergirl there is standing all heroic and determined? Do the exact opposite. Perfect! Just like that! "

Hopefully it's just the angle and lack of an engaging pose that's throwing the whole thing off. Though boots look really bulky.

In all fairness to that guy, he has impossible shoes to fill. I mean, look at Cavill, dude looks like a beast.

xrRLZns.jpg

edit: lol at the tripple Cavill Superman pic posts.

Yeah, Cavill has had a few years to craft his physique into the Superman-come-to-life perfection that it is now, add on top of that the superior costume and it's hard for just about anyone to measure up.

- J - D -

physique and suit aside he'll probably be fine. I mean, unless he actively injures children and/or harasses females or elderly folk, there's little chance he'll be worse than Cavillman.

Meier

I have no clue who that Superman is, but he is not handsome enough to play the role. And I'm not a fan of that hair style for the character either. The costume just sort of looks ridiculous on him more than anything.

Ahasverus

Because he made a couple of awful movies?
Not only he made a couple of good movies, his suits and overall visual direction is flawless. As evidenced here, it takes craftsmanship for these things to work on screen.

The evidence here being the absolutely lack of craftsmanship that makes this look stupid lol

styl3s

Off topic, but seeing these two posts one right after the other:

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
Is could of not correct? English is my second language so i could be entirely wrong but i am saying he could of filled those shoes if given the opportunity i think saying "should of filled the shoes" doesn't sound right.

unless of course we are talking about completely different things here.

Is could of not correct? English is my second language so i could be entirely wrong but i am saying he could of filled those shoes if given the opportunity i think saying "should of filled the shoes" doesn't sound right.

unless of course we are talking about completely different things here.

It's "could have", shortened to "could've". Or "should've", if that's what you're going for.
Sounds like "could of", but it is not.

strafer

Not only he made a couple of good movies, his suits and overall visual direction is flawless. As evidenced here, it takes craftsmanship for these things to work on screen.

The evidence here being the absolutely lack of craftsmanship that makes this look stupid lol

Hey man, Ahasverus and I are like the only Snyder fans on the internet. Give him a break, shit is rough.

simon2b8swzinunq.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Care to explain the dead meat soon? I've seen some posts mentioning the same thing but im confused o_O

One of the primary criticisms of Supergirl has been the whole Superman exists but is apparently not interested in helping Supergirl out with potentially cataclysmic events. Not to mention having to stand in his shadow, and there being some sort of mandate with WB about their movie heroes being on TV. So it left a world that had him as part of it but it was always awkward the way they handled it.

Then you add the fact the show is moving to the CW and is likely going to do crossovers with the other shows, which suggests some sort of big event that allows Supergirl access to the other shows. They've established in the past the show is currently in an alternate world.

So the working theory is they got the OK to use Superman, but only for a short while, and in one story they can correct having Superman around but never present and figuring out how to get the show into the crossover universe, by either killing him in the process or making some sort of definitive separation. Two birds with one stone since whatever story brings him onto the show has to be fairly cataclysmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom