• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look: CW's Supergirl & Superman Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
579380374.jpg

tumblr_oasemgJ9am1rgtsvqo1_500.png

Tyler looks fine imo. Just bad picture, suit, lighting, facial pose.
That's some shit-tier photoshop and posing then.

Like just garbage.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is just one of those dudes who looks 100x better with some stubble or facial hair, but he's gotta shave completely for Supes. I think that's a big differentiator between all these comicon pics and the photoshoot.

There's no going back to comparatively normal physiques on superheroes after this current roided-up beefcake era. The Marvel Chrises and Henry Cavill have set the bar too high.

Kelsdesu

There's no going back to comparatively normal physiques on superheroes after this current roided-up beefcake era. The Marvel Chrises and Henry Cavill have set the bar too high.

He has become the Kevin Sorbo for Superman. Well not exactly. I feel bad, but yeah. You need to get on the gear and get jacked to please my childish expectations.

kurahador

Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange and Holland's Spiderman will bring back the realistic physiques glory.

Skux

There's some nice details there. Kara's suit needs the same kind of treatment, it looks a little bland now.

Kelsdesu

earth.jpg

Seeing how Jimmy Olsen is in better shape and taller than Superman. Now I want them to just scratch this universe and go full on Val Zod Earth 2.

Rheon

How the hell could whoever oversaw this manage to make Tyler Hoechlin look unattractive? Like what the fuck?

And that suit would look much better if the belt followed Supes' pelvic line and the boots were more streamlined. I don't understand what all that ugly padding is for.

Yager

Banned
I don't think the problem is the actor, dude looks fine, just a bad photo. But the suit looks like a cheap version of the movie.

He doesn't have his height, so it's not nearly as impressive.
There's like, less than an actual inch difference between them.
He's definitely not the typical 6'4 that you associate with supes. But he's no Tom cruise.

It's funny because there's only been one actor who has actually been that, was Clark/Superman portrayed as being 6'4" before Reeve or did that become standard (like his likeness was) after the fact?

Then there's Welling at about 6'3" and Routh close behind him. Dean Cain is probably still the shortest official live action portrayal of he character. Could include the guys who played Superboy but eh, according to Google they're also 6'.

In all fairness to that guy, he has impossible shoes to fill. I mean, look at Cavill, dude looks like a beast.

xrRLZns.jpg

edit: lol at the tripple Cavill Superman pic posts.
Man, it's so easy to forget how good the Cavill suit looks. Once the gritty filter is lifted, folks will realize that we already have a GOAT level Supes design.

Volimar

Yes.

I haven't watched it yet :(

How have you been rocking that avatar and not seen the show?

Supergirl starts out okay but has a lot of growing pains. It hits a decent stride around episode ten. Most of its troubles, I think, have to do with some lackluster villains, including the big bad that took ages to finally feel menacing.

tkscz

So whats with this whole
kill superman thing? Was it announced or something? I don't watch the show, just keep seeing GAF talk about it.

Volimar

So whats with this whole
kill superman thing? Was it announced or something? I don't watch the show, just keep seeing GAF talk about it.

From its inception, showrunners have wanted Supergirl to stand on her own. Hard to do with Supes always a phone call away. It strains belief that he wouldn't get involved in potentially world destroying events. So, you gotta get rid of him somehow. I'm hoping he gets sacrificed or displaced somehow if and when Karas earth merges with the Arrowverse.

FLAguy954

Okay, that picture is unflattering as fuck. Why the hell does his face look like that and where is the muscle definition on his suit? Who the hell thought that a suit with zero muscle definition would work?

tkscz

From its inception, showrunners have wanted Supergirl to stand on her own. Hard to do with Supes always a phone call away. It strains belief that he wouldn't get involved in potentially world destroying events. So, you gotta get rid of him somehow. I'm hoping he gets sacrificed or displaced somehow if and when Karas earth merges with the Arrowverse.

Or he could just keep to himself like Flash does for Arrow unless it's a cross over episode. This idea of
KILL SUPERMAN! IT'S THE ONLY WAY
doesn't make sense to me when the same idea could fall to Flash for Arrow or vise versa. In fact, I find it better. If the stakes were so high that one kryptonian can't handle it (and supergirl is considered to be stronger than superman) and it takes two of them to do it, then I'd like to see that. Otherwise, no need to go that far. Just have him away minding his own business, Kara can handle it.

Should I watch Supergirl? Is it worth the time?

You will fall in love with Supergirl from the very beginning....

the first couple of episodes, not so much...

until they get a few episodes in and you've gotten to know the characters a bit, then it gets better as it goes on.

Krowley

Should I watch Supergirl? Is it worth the time?

Yes.

The characters are well acted and well written. I eventually got addicted to it.

The overall season story arc is pretty weak. Villains are terrible. But the show has tons of potential to become great in future seasons.

ameleco

Saw this on another site. Immediately came to see Gaf's reaction. This thread did not disappoint at all. That picture really is a disaster. Eesh! That said, the guy looked fine on Teen Wolf and also in the Comic Con stuff already posted. Just a terrible pose, I think considering Cavil's head on his body also looked weird.

mrjohill

like a reverse crisis on infinite earths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom