• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Are they letting you buy multiple boxes at a time or are you only getting one per visit?

The guy at one shop will let me buy multiples, but only getting 1 box a day of cookie dough as to not be a dick.

The other shop a block away in the mall only allows one, and seemed upset I came back the next day for another. Just sticking with the first shop now.

Depends on the staff it seems.

andycapps

The guy at one shop will let me buy multiples, but only getting 1 box a day of cookie dough as to not be a dick.

The other shop a block away in the mall only allows one, and seemed upset I came back the next day for another. Just sticking with the first shop now.

I have a couple GNC's within 2 miles of me, so I'm good. I'll go back and forth, most likely.

abuC

Day off from the gym, gonna do some pullups, pushups and push my car.

Damn Petrie, you're like the Pablo Escobar of the quest bar game.

CrankyJay

Banned

STOP GIVING US BUSINESS!

What exercises would you all suggest to be able to pick up a girl as displayed below in the picture? Whenever I do this with women who are anything other than skinny, I have to pretend like I could go on forever while I'm really struggling after carrying her more than a two or three minutes. What exercises could I do to improve my strength there in order to be at ease the next time I am called upon to do this?

I wouldn't think it's just biceps, I figure there is some back involved. suggestions?

A zercher weighted sandbag carry.

Pete Rock

Whenever I do this with women who are anything other than skinny, I have to pretend like I could go on forever while I'm really struggling after carrying her more than a two or three minutes.
Well there's your problem, drop her as soon as the photo op is over, maintain the element of surprise.

blackflag

I live in Glendale, they have cookie dough at the one on 59th ave and the 101

Damn, I used to live on 56th and Peoria but that was many years ago. Too far away now. I've only checked the one near me in Awahtukee. Maybe they were just sold out. I'm sure if Glendale has them, the others here do as well. Thanks for confirming.

CrankyJay

Banned
Compare them to Clif Builder's because I've eaten my weight in those.

More dense than Clif's...no rice crisp texture either. No chocolate coating...way less sugar.

Get Quest if you want to be less all these things, but stick with Clif if you're okay with 15+g of sugar.

blackflag

More dense than Clif's...no rice crisp texture either. No chocolate coating...way less sugar.

Get Quest if you want to be less all these things, but stick with Clif if you're okay with 15+g of sugar.

The other, and possible best thing about Quest is the high quality fiber.

SeanR1221

Just bought another box (pbj this time). The race is on, Petrie.

Annnnd passed! My fiancé just texted me she got two boxes ;)

Your move, Petrie.

Petrie

Banned
Just bought another box (pbj this time). The race is on, Petrie.

Annnnd passed! My fiancé just texted me she got two boxes ;)

Your move, Petrie.

Oh it's on!

Unfortunately my gf doesn't share my enthusiasm for such things.

How is that your problem?

It absolutely isn't, but I understand why the manager cares, it's the regular employees who don't give a shit, and asked where I got he coupon since it trashes their employee discount.

For all you Quest bar fiends, how many do you guys eat a day?

I've been eating 3 Cookie Dough bars a day and I honestly have to stop myself from eating more, could probably down a whole box, they're so damn good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrasslegaf is in charge of FallingEdge's cheat meal day.

This is gonna be good.

Petrie

Banned

I've been eating 3 Cookie Dough bars a day and I honestly have to stop myself from eating more, could probably down a whole box, they're so damn good.

2-3 a day now, but likely cut down when the novelty of the deal wears off.

PBY

Banned

3-4. I've had crazy days where I go 6+, once ate a whole box. But on average 3-4.

SeanR1221

2-3 a day. And yes I have to stop myself.

Good god I couldn't imagine the toilet if you ate 12.

any suggestions on how I can get the box deal at GNC?

I didn't see any other quest bars then the ones right off the counter which are unsealed boxes that I could not get to ring up for less than the price of individual bars?

I'm gonna try going by again after work, that PBJ just sounds too damn good. Got a box of choc chip cookie dough yesterday but I paid $23 after the coupon.

nilbog21

Banned
what the hell are these Quest Bars? is someone on these boards working for them? :3

20g per protein bar doesn't seem worth it to me (for the price)

hm, although with the coupon it would be 1$ / 20g protein .. hmmm

PBY

Banned
what the hell are these Quest Bars? is someone on these boards working for them? :3
It's shocking lol- they are really the only protein bar that cuts all the unnecessary shit, so they get recognition they deserve. I wish MetRX or any other company would copy them.

nilbog21

Banned
does anyone here drink the metrx chocolate protein shakes?

I salute you and your dedication to body building. Very impressive. Tastes like straight up muddy sewage water. What am I going to do with this product...

Cudder

For those interested, Quest Bars now ship to Canada on their official site, but the prices are pretty outrageous. 16$ shipping to my address will cost $41 per box..lol.

I'll wait until BB.com gets the cookie dough flavour.

blackflag

20g per protein bar doesn't seem worth it to me (for the price)

hm, although with the coupon it would be 1$ / 20g protein .. hmmm

Whey protein isolate - Most bars use Soy
no sugar - Most bar has tons of them
High in fiber - Most bars, none or hardly any
Taste awesome - most bars are groce

that's all you need to know. I've been pimping them since before they were ever sold in any stores, couple years now, but they never paid me. Wish they would, I'm just glad they are easier to get now.

blackflag

They did give me some free boxes for testing their new cravings stuff.

The cups are ok but honestly I'd never order them. I much prefer the bars.

Szu

What exercises would you all suggest to be able to pick up a girl as displayed below in the picture? Whenever I do this with women who are anything other than skinny, I have to pretend like I could go on forever while I'm really struggling after carrying her more than a two or three minutes. What exercises could I do to improve my strength there in order to be at ease the next time I am called upon to do this?

I wouldn't think it's just biceps, I figure there is some back involved. suggestions?

Well, I've picked up my wife quite a few times like this. My wife has a bit of meat on her.

You need a strong core, especially the lower back. Biceps will help, but strong forearms will also reduce the overall stress. You might also need to develop your hip drive motion. In the case of my wife, she basically stood prone and I have to lift her up.

It would be much easier if she would just hop into my arms, but noooo. She wants me to sweep her off her feet.

Prior to me, she told me that no one has ever picked her up. I guess we were meant to be.

J8X1c.jpg

Ekdrm2d1

Whey protein isolate - Most bars use Soy
no sugar - Most bar has tons of them
High in fiber - Most bars, none or hardly any
Taste awesome - most bars are groce

While 90% of your statement I agree with, the bold I do not.

Every 20gram protein bar I've had tastes better than Quest. (Had 6 types, including Quest.)
Quest is the "real" bar, so it shouldn't taste that great. (If you follow the rule about bad tasting stuff often means it's good for you.)

Thanks, GAF, for leading me to GNC to try the almighty and famed Quest bar :p

Short post, gotta go in a minutes. I've tried like 7 flavors so far, the best is Peanut Butter Supreme and the Vanilla Almond one.

ahh..just made my own assorted box of quest bars: cinnamon roll, apple pie, banana nut muffin and cookie dough.

I'll probably restock next week lol

Pavaloo

Gahh, failed the very last rep of my squats! It wouldn't be so bad, but the bar ended up hitting my back really hard on the way down and I couldn't do the rest of my work out. Now my legs are feeling great, but my upper back is all red and sore, my body feels so weird. Bleh, injuries suck
dick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gahh, failed the very last rep of my squats! It wouldn't be so bad, but the bar ended up hitting my back really hard on the way down and I couldn't do the rest of my work out. Now my legs are feeling great, but my upper back is all red and sore, my body feels so weird. Bleh, injuries suck
dick.

Good news - do you know what's next?

Another day. Another chance to make it right. Shred it next time, you'll hit it harder than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom