• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Yeah I don't get the quest bar obsession either. But hey, whatever works. I make my own protein bars usually , if I really need them anyway.

Anyway, my schedule is fuck all messed up today. It's almost 2am and I am just about to hit the gym.

Also, they pants/shorts discussion made me smile. It's nice some of you can relate to pains of having huge legs.

EDIT: Also stop posting videos/back/chest pictures. I'm demanding you guys post some freaking leg shots. I've done it.

y0xKZjm.jpg

j5RXWNK.jpg

I9hYV7B.jpg

6tBzAa1.jpg

Forgive me GAF I skipped my 2nd leg day yesterday. Looking pretty flat I need a refeed and a pump before I can even try and see Darths quad sweep.

Imm0rt4l

Looking great man. How are you taking those pics? webcam? timed camera? I can't take leg pics for shit.

Thanks.

Timed camera. I didn't know how to take a decent pic either. I'm sure the angle isn't the most flattering but the cam just sat on an even level with my legs on the coffee table and doesn't make for any wonky proportions.

Cudder

Egg+protein powder-> microwave?

Is that good idea or not?
Starting to get a bit bored of just milk+protein powder.

That's some aestethics.

its okay, you really have to get the timing right, otherwise it'll get dry as shit, and it will take you 10 minutes to chew and swallow a bite.

Blasted it for 60 seconds, and it is indeed a bit rubbery/dry.
I'll try 30 seconds for the next egg (throwing in one scoop of 45g).

Oh god, it drying.

Szu

Nice shots, Imm0rt4l.

I'll try to get some legs pics too. I know my legs actually don't look like anything special, but I'll follow along.

Ekdrm2d1

@Imm0rt4l: wow! That's nice looking.

I'm not into leg work myself. I have some muscle but it's nothing to display. Would look like nothing compared to the rest of GAF.

PT said my body doesn't look disportioned so I'm good to go. I don't want to end up like those jpgs "Somebody skipped leg day."

Edit:
Nice shots, Imm0rt4l.

I'll try to get some legs pics too. I know my legs actually don't look like anything special, but I'll follow along.

Maybe that's the attitude I should have :p

Forgive me GAF I skipped my 2nd leg day yesterday. Looking pretty flat I need a refeed and a pump before I can even try and see Darths quad sweep.
No way man, you've some killer legs!

Loving the pics guys, you all actually have some nice legs I'm glad to see it. Not that I doubted any of you or anything, you all do squat. ;D

Immortal you pimp! Loook so great my man.

No way man, you've some killer legs!

Loving the pics guys, you all actually have some nice legs I'm glad to see it. Not that I doubted any of you or anything, you all do squat. ;D

Darth for the first time in 3 years I am doubling up on leg day all because of your statuesque quads.
Inspiration bro.

grumble

question for you guys about multivitamins:

I'm already taking vitamin D, vitamin C, silver water, fish oil, and probiotics once a day. the lady at gnc said I should get a multivitamin because all the vitamins in them are mixed to the proper balance or whatever, and that if I take them separately, I'm not getting the proper amount so they don't work together. fact or fiction?

also, she said silver water turns you blue. what?

edit: found this article on silver water: http://rense.com/general12/blueasdf.htm
the article and response could be legit, but I'll look for more info.

edit2: lol http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1866180

I know it's from answerbag, but this line piqued my interest. anyone read anything about that.

Yeah, if you drink colloidal silver a lot then it turns you blue permanently, especially if you're out in the sun

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spending my last hour and a half at work trying to plan my carb nite tomorrow.

Taco Bell is on the menu, but will it stuff me and I can't get to everything I need? Maybe so.

sphinx

the piano man
Immortal, great shots!

hehe, should have waited till now to post that leg pic, damn European time.

regarding age, I am 35 but that doesn't change a thing, I always felt old, even when I was 21 so I don't pay attention to the number anymore, just flow with life as it comes and do your best.

blackflag

Spending my last hour and a half at work trying to plan my carb nite tomorrow.

Taco Bell is on the menu, but will it stuff me and I can't get to everything I need? Maybe so.

Where did you get your carb nite info from? Just curious if you bought the book.

I'm wonderng if the ratios are the same as keto as in eat a crap ton of fat, and how much carbs to eat on carb nite.

I may "try" to cut again soon.

blackflag

I seriously need to eat like $15 worth of food from TB to feel remotely full.

Yeah I usually go with 6 doritos locos taco supremes, steak xxl grilled stufed burrito, and a chicken quesedilla or something like that before I start feeling it. Then I'll start on my ice cream.

Seriously, I know I could eat 12kcal errryday if I let myself go.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Oh man! I have some tiny legs but I'll partake in the pic posting a little later. Be nice. :)

Yeah I usually go with 6 doritos locos taco supremes, steak xxl grilled stufed burrito, and a chicken quesedilla or something like that before I start feeling it. Then I'll start on my ice cream.

Seriously, I know I could eat 12kcal errryday if I let myself go.

No joke. It is too easy, that is for sure.

And yeah, if I can get some good leg pics in, I will do it up.

Ekdrm2d1

I don't personally like big-ass quads. Not my thing. I do however like the look of calfs. My calves are nice (I've been told and IMO) but my quads are bleh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I dunno, I read those first 3 chapters and it's not really...worrying me at all.

My info was from some fellow posters here and some people on youtube, including the guy who came up with it if my memory serves. I don't think I have to be too concerned with any ratios with it - and if it doesn't work out I can always shift back to plain keto. From what I understand, you literally throw everything at it in that brief 6 or so hour window (not more) and it happens, but we'll see. I'll know if I fucked it up pretty quickly.

Carb nite's still on. Fuck it. Right?

I don't personally like big-ass quads. Not my thing. I do however like the look of calfs. My calves are nice (I've been told and IMO) but my quads are bleh.

Nice quads and calves are sooo impressive to me because they aren't muscles that have ever naturally been easy for me to stimulate.

http://carbnite.com/ns-buythebook.php

It's okay. My legs look like upside down bowling pins.

Lol no way in your panty shot your legs looked good.

I dunno, I read those first 3 chapters and it's not really...worrying me at all.

My info was from some fellow posters here and some people on youtube, including the guy who came up with it if my memory serves. I don't think I have to be too concerned with any ratios with it - and if it doesn't work out I can always shift back to plain keto. From what I understand, you literally throw everything at it in that brief 6 or so hour window (not more) and it happens, but we'll see. I'll know if I fucked it up pretty quickly.

Fuck it.

Tonight's line up.

Pizza

+

despire

I actually bought the Carb Nite ebook. It's pretty old (2005) but there's some good info I guess. Nothing absolutely major though so I think you can probably get along even without it. There's also a new edition coming later this year.

About the macros of the actual carb nite. Kiefer says to eat the first half of the 6-8hrs pretty clean and low(ish) fat and then you can get to the fattier stuff near the end of the refeed. The reason is that while fat takes about 6hrs until it can be stored the insulin spike from all the carbs plummets after a few hours.

So if you eat very fatty foods in the beginning of the carb nite you may end up in a situation where you have a lot of fats ready to be stored and your insulin is sky high from the carbs. And then you store fat. Hence the suggestion to eat low fat for the first hours and then gorge on the fattier stuff later. This way you have no more insulin in your system once the fat finally is done digesting.

I'm personally planning on eating chicken and white rice at the start of the refeed and save the "junk" until later. Though I'm not sure what happens to the fat you eat for breakfast..

Yeah, I mean I'm sure you can ask around or even do research on various forums to find what questions you might have.

Nice quads and calves are sooo impressive to me because they aren't muscles that have ever naturally been easy for me to stimulate.

Ha. While my quads/hammys are solid, my calves are tiny, tiny, tiny. I'm with you. Nice and big calves are really impressive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually bought the Carb Nite ebook. It's pretty old (2005) but there's some good info I guess. Nothing absolutely major though so I think you can probably get along even without it. There's also a new edition coming later this year.

About the macros of the actual carb nite. Kiefer says to eat the first half of the 6-8hrs pretty clean and low(ish) fat and then you can get to the fattier stuff near the end of the refeed. The reason is that while fat takes about 6hrs until it can be stored the insulin spike from all the carbs plummets after a few hours.

So if you eat very fatty foods in the beginning of the carb nite you may end up in a situation where you have a lot of fats ready to be stored and your insulin is sky high from the carbs. Hence eat low fat for the first hours and then gorge on the fattier stuff later. This way you have no more insulin in your system once the fat finally is done digesting.

I'm personally planning on eating chicken and white rice at the start of the refeed and save the "junk" until later..

Helpful info, I will make sure my morning/daytime is very very clean. Then it's time to get stupid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be photographing my carb nite. Been looking forward to this. Ready for regret.

blackflag

I actually meant the ratios for the non carb night days. Was wondering if it's the same as keto.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually meant the ratios for the non carb night days. Was wondering if it's the same as keto.

Ahh. I believe it's nearly keto if not entirely. Someone else knows for sure. I've been carb-free for a few months with some very tiny exceptions (we're talking like 2g in a day) so this is gonna jolt me.

Ekdrm2d1

Good deal.

Fuck it.

Tonight's line up.

Pizza

+

Holy shit! I thought my "Friday night party" was bad :p

Mine will be Pizza + Beer (5? beers, getting drunk)

I seriously hope getting drunk doesn't destroy muscles that much. I know it's not good for me..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haha. Just remember, you will feel like shit tonight and tomorrow. It isn't permanent and it goes away in a few days :)

I'll be ok. My workout night is tonight, off Sat and Sun, so I should be back in action by Monday. I can lie around and feel like shit, I just don't want to bring it to the gym :p

Good deal.

Holy shit! I thought my "Friday night party" was bad :p

Mine will be Pizza + Beer (5? beers, getting drunk)

I seriously hope getting drunk doesn't destroy muscles that much. I know it's not good for me..

One night is fine. Everyone deserves to have fun. Don't worry about it.

Petrie

Banned
Awww shit...Wegmans got in that protein bread/wraps/bagels Petrie was talking about.

They've been carrying them for quite awhile apparently, I'll bet you just never noticed!

They're a Syracuse based company so Wegmans is apparently a partner company-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom