• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't personally like big-ass quads. Not my thing. I do however like the look of calfs. My calves are nice (I've been told and IMO) but my quads are bleh.

careful with that mindest.

Many guys are this near of looking like they skip leg day even though they don't! that's because the legs of a grown man are big, massive pieces of meat what will need LOTS of work and time to look decently trained, and we all know calves are a bitch to grow so getting your legs to look decent (no darth levels, just o.k) with take its sweet long ass time and a lot of effort.

big-ass quads are actually far away from everyone, even from those who try, so don't skip leg day :) (and if you don´t dismiss this post ;) ) you'll look nice and proportional with trained legs.

Ekdrm2d1

careful with that mindest.

Many guys are this near of looking like they skip leg day even though they don't! that's because the legs of a grown man are big, massive pieces of meat what will need LOTS of work and time to look decently trained, and we all know calves are a bitch to grow so getting your legs to look decent (no darth levels, just o.k) with take its sweet long ass time and a lot of effort.

big-ass quads are actually far away from everyone, even from those who try, so don't skip leg day :) (and if you don´t dismiss this post ;) ) you'll look nice and proportional with trained legs.

Thanks for the posting :)

Eh, I feel like this thread doesn't know my body. I very rarely post pictures. I probably posted pictures in the OT4 thread, page 205 :p

CrankyJay

Banned
They've been carrying them for quite awhile apparently, I'll bet you just never noticed!

They're a Syracuse based company so Wegmans is apparently a partner company-wide.

Will pick up the wraps when I get off my rest...they looked and felt great.

28g protein...lol

I only noticed because they had a huge display in my store.

Imm0rt4l

Only if you like delicious protein brownies.

And nice stems immortal.

Nice shots, Imm0rt4l.

I'll try to get some legs pics too. I know my legs actually don't look like anything special, but I'll follow along.

No way man, you've some killer legs!

Loving the pics guys, you all actually have some nice legs I'm glad to see it. Not that I doubted any of you or anything, you all do squat. ;D

Immortal you pimp! Loook so great my man.

@Imm0rt4l: wow! That's nice looking.

I'm not into leg work myself. I have some muscle but it's nothing to display. Would look like nothing compared to the rest of GAF.

PT said my body doesn't look disportioned so I'm good to go. I don't want to end up like those jpgs "Somebody skipped leg day."

Edit:

Maybe that's the attitude I should have :p

Thanks fellas!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Get married have a kid and come talk to me about finding time. That as well as body, energy and other issues make it hard to lift like I did when I was young. I am 34 now but body feels like 134...ok not that old but things are just not right.

Yup, in the same boat too. I'm 37, married, kid, etc. It's hard to fit in enough time. Lunch works well, 5am works well, and getting the wife involved in the workouts has also helped.

Love these two posts. As soon as my wife and I had our first kid my life changed. My 5:30am workouts disappeared. My incredibly well maintained diet went to crap along with my barely visible abs.
But after 12 years of parenthood (3 kids now) I understand how guys that were once athletes and had it all together wind up fat on the couch looking back at the wake of the destruction of their waistline. I never thought I would be here. I am here though. Right here. And I'm ok with it. As much as I wish there wasn't a fat guy inside the walls of my house staring at me through my mirror I am cool with battling him every step of the way.
Years ago the battle in the mirror was against a skinny kid with strong legs. That kid used to avoid doing bench press when other people were around because having a 10lb weight on each side of the bar was a struggle. Used to walk with his arms out at his sides just a bit too much cause he thought it hid how thin he was. He figured it out though. Kid worked his ass off. Put in the time. Learned some things. Made some memories.
I embrace the battle ahead. One of the best parts about having a starting point..... Is knowing its the starting point.
That fat guy will move outta my house soon enough and let the healthy looking dude hang out in the mirrors again. That guy knows more about taking care of himself as well as his family too. So he told me he plans to stick around for a lot longer this time.

Enjoy the battle. That guy you see in the mirror just wants to be better today than he was yesterday.
Be committed to helping him do that every single day.

Matugi

So I've found recently that I've been getting sick more often, I've been constantly fatigued, and get recurring headaches. Chances I've been overtraining out of ten?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So I've found recently that I've been getting sick more often, I've been constantly fatigued, and get recurring headaches. Chances I've been overtraining out of ten?

Maybe overtraining or in more basic terms just not getting enough rest. Regardless of how often you are in the gym the rest of your life still contributes to the amount of stress you have to deal with.
Without looking at your diet are you taking a good strong multivitamin? Are you getting enough essential fats in your diet or using a supplement?

Matugi

Maybe overtraining or in more basic terms just not getting enough rest. Regardless of how often you are in the gym the rest of your life still contributes to the amount of stress you have to deal with.
Without looking at your diet are you taking a good strong multivitamin? Are you getting enough essential fats in your diet or using a supplement?

Yeah I take a multivitamin, and the fats I'm not sure because I'm on a cut right now but I usually eat chicken with an olive-oil based dressing at lunch in a salad.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I take a multivitamin, and the fats I'm not sure because I'm on a cut right now but I usually eat chicken with an olive-oil based dressing at lunch in a salad.

Are you using a fish oil supplement to get omega 3's?

And how much B vitamins is your multi giving you?

WorldStar

Banned
I seriously hope getting drunk doesn't destroy muscles that much. I know it's not good for me..

It is my understanding (which is pretty much knowing nothing) that alcohol primarily slows recovery, messes with protein synthesis, and makes you dehydrated. So,

Get drunk
Eat a lot of protein
Drink a lot of water
?????????
profit

entremet

How's your sleep?

Might want to see an endocrinologist and get some tests if this continues. Could be low testosterone.

Imm0rt4l

If alcohol were a macronutrient it would be the 2nd most caloric dense next to fats. I think it's something like 7 kcal/gram whereas protein carbs and fats are 4 4 and 9 respectively.

For what it's worth, I used to drink a fuck ton every Thursday for like 2 years while I was playing rugby. It's pretty much apart of the culture.

Matugi

Are you using a fish oil supplement to get omega 3's?

And how much B vitamins is your multi giving you?

No, and no ideas. I haven't done enough research on fish oil pills to know what makes a good pill.

At the other poster: I don't think I have low t, I don't exhibit any of the other symptoms other than headaches and fatigue. I really think it is overtraining so I'm gonna take a week or two off.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How's your sleep?

Might want to see an endocrinologist and get some tests if this continues. Could be low testosterone.

Before you freak out about low test consider that it could be lack of B vitamins, so your body isn't handling stress as well as it could be. Not enough fat in your diet, that can effect brain function and energy levels (higher fat diets are commonly suggested for people dealing with fatigue issues). You could even be having issues with low iron. Which is essential for blood health and energy. Low iron is common if you aren't eating much red meat and whole eggs.
Basic supplements become even more crucial when eliminating certain foods from your diet.

Take a look at your multi vitamin. You should be getting 50mg/mcg of each of the B-vitamin family as a minimum. 100mg/mcg would be more ideal. B-vitamins help with how your body deals with stress.
Get a fish oil supplement. Salmon oil or a Fish Body Oil (sources from a mix of fish). The GNC brand is good and usually a decent value. Always take with food. It's a fat so it will digest better with other foods in your stomach at the same time. As for amount per day. 1-2 caps 3 times a day is a common daily dose. And most caps are 1000mg in size.

Matugi

My iron levels are fine I believe (56 hematocrit when I last got my blood tested). It's probably related to B-vitamins (which I know are required for energy and are converted to Acetyl CoA) and the fats could be an issue with my cut.

What would you recommend in a multivitamin and fish oil pills? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money.

blackflag

My iron levels are fine I believe (56 hematocrit when I last got my blood tested). It's probably related to B-vitamins (which I know are required for energy and are converted to Acetyl CoA) and the fats could be an issue with my cut.

What would you recommend in a multivitamin and fish oil pills? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money.

Damn 56 is kinda high. Keep an eye on that. You might need to donate blood.

Matugi

Damn 56 is kinda high. Keep an eye on that. You might need to donate blood.

I actually scored a 56 when I donated blood last, but was told that I was on the upper end of the healthy range. The attending nurse said they get concerned when you hit 60. A trainer at my gym joked that I must have been blood doping.

CrankyJay

Banned
If alcohol were a macronutrient it would be the 2nd most caloric dense next to fats. I think it's something like 7 kcal/gram whereas protein carbs and fats are 4 4 and 9 respectively.

For what it's worth, I used to drink a fuck ton every Thursday for like 2 years while I was playing rugby. It's pretty much apart of the culture.

Yeah, and that's not counting carb grams you'll find in beer and certain alcohols. Tequila is particularly higher for some reason as well...

It sucks that some of my favorite beers are 200cals per 12 oz.

blackflag

I actually scored a 56 when I donated blood last, but was told that I was on the upper end of the healthy range. The attending nurse said they get concerned when you hit 60. A trainer at my gym joked that I must have been blood doping.

Yeah that's why I'm just saying keep an eye on it. When it hits around 60 you want to make sure you donate blood. I'd rather donate before then to keep it lower.

I have to keep a close eye on mine cuz of TRT. Don't want to get a stroke or something.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

The GNC brand of both would be fine. The Mega Men Sport and their Salmon Oil would take care of those basics for you.

Man, lifted today, did legs and arms and I just felt small today. Then I look at the pic of myself I posted (I think?) a little over a week ago. I think I'm going crazy.

Demon Ice

Banned
I love what lifting has done to my metabolism, because I love food. Had 7 slices of supreme pizza 2 hours ago and I'm hungry again. Wish I had some Quest bars.

im learning how to power clean. do i drop the bar after i cleaned? or do i somehow lower it back down.

first option seems really dangerous not having a padded area and bumper plates (atleast round ones)

WorldStar

Banned
need some new running shorts

what do you guys think of using ranger panties as running shorts?

Ranger%20Panties_Soffe%20silkies_black_01.jpg

Ranger%20Panties_Soffe%20silkies_black_02.jpg

Ranger%20Panties_Soffe%20silkies_black_04.jpg

they're $13 each. seems pretty cheap for some running shorts.

Chittagong

Gold Member
need some new running shorts

what do you guys think of using

they're $13 each. seems pretty cheap for some running shorts.

I think they are fine, although a bit short. It's a massive benefit not to have boxers underneath, cuts your need of boxers and washing to half. Nike has a similar thing, absolutely superb Dry Fit shorts with integrated ware for your junk, they are a bit longer too. I have 6 pairs. They are about $30 a pair. They dry super fast obviously as well.

I tried my hand at cooking with whey today. Turned out well. Behold,oatmeal strawberry peanut butter raisin protein scone:

Nutrient Profile:

-Cal- 4535

-Carb- 525

-Protein- 340

-Fat- 128

-Sugar- 166 (116 from raisins)

--
--
for those watching their carbs, subtracting the bread flour and raisins reduces the carbs 300

despire

About Carb Nite and alcohol:

Avoid alcohol at all costs during your fat and
protein days.
No matter what advertisers imply, low-carb
and even no-carb alcoholic beverages prevent your body
from burning fat. Alcohol is often mentioned as having
more calories than carbohydrates; this, however, is not the
problem. Alcohol is the preferred fuel for the body. When
there’s alcohol in your system, everything else gets stored
until all the alcohol burns off
or flushes out. So a glass of
no-carb vodka with your evening steak guarantees a net
increase in body fat
—probably not what you intended.
Even Carb Nite is not a safe haven for alcohol drinkers.
Drinking too much on Carb Nite causes the same problems,
but worse: you lose the hormonal benefits normally
provided by Carb Nite. One glass of wine on Carb Nite is
fine; two is pushing it; three and you might as well kiss
your fat loss for the week good-bye

And this my friends is why I'm not drinking next saturday :)

Now shut up!

Fucking lol, dat Rip quote :D

The proteins in eggs and meat are also denatured during cooking. It doesn't really matter. The bonds between amino acids aren't broken.

So no Leroy you didn't waste your time. You put 340g of protein in, you'll get 340g out.
How do I make those scones? :)

The proteins in eggs and meat are also denatured during cooking. It doesn't really matter. The bonds between amino acids aren't broken.

So no Leroy you didn't waste your time. You put 340g of protein in, you'll get 340g out.
How do I make those scones? :)

9 scoops strawberry whey

8 tbs chunky peanut butter

1/4 stick butter

2-3 cups old fashioned oats

5 oz vanilla greek yogurt

1.5 eggs

1 cup raisin

2 cups bread flour

baking soda

Status
Not open for further replies.